Sign in to follow this  
Behemoth_Erin

[6-Dec-13] In Which We Give Thanks...to You!

[belated update due to some technical difficulties; thanks for bearing with us!]

So, we've been looking out for an opportunity to thank those of you who have contributed plays to the Community Theater this year, and hey, turns out there's a holiday for that! And while we never would have expected this year's playwrights to match the sophistication, style and sadism of yesteryear, this year's contenders have risen to the challenge with a plomb. Which is about perfect; two or three plombs would have been just too many plombs for us to deal with right now.

So as our way of saying thanks, we would like to present one of our favorite featured playlists this year:

Coop Feature:

High Ground by Konster Monster

tgiving1.jpg

Even if you were to ignore Konster Monster's credentials (featured not once, but twice), its impossible to overlook the quality of execution in "High Ground". And that's execution in the non-murdery sense too. Finding just the right balance of accessibility and challenge is no mean feat, especially when you're talking about Cooperative Adventure mode. Indeed, we often found ourselves taking mental notes on how this playlist keeps up such a great pace by effectively communicating to the player.  

tgiving2.jpg

Oh yes, the memories...

That this playlist accurately represents the cream of our community's crop says a whole lot about the kind of quality you designers were slanging around this year, and from where we stand, the class of 2014 has a lot to live up to. Just remember: if the way you crushed/impaled/devoured/exploded just ONE person inspired them to create an awesome playlist of their own, then it was all worth it.

tgiving3.jpg

And as we take a moment to recognize this year's kings and queens of Level Design, it seems only appropriate that we release a very special monarch of our own:

FeaturePost_TheKing.jpg

Long of beard and brow, the King is not only an opportunity to have a crown UNDER your crown in King of the Hill mode, he's also a man who knows a thing or two about the value of green gems. Especially when they're being held captive by evil magic...

Wizards, man...what gives?

In any case, we hope you enjoy playing as BattleBlock Theater's most royal resident as your brain starts to slowly make the connection between the giant cats in Castle Crasher's arena mode and the giant cats watching the arena in BattleBlock Theater.

Mind = Blown.

[Featured Arena 6-DEC-13 to 13-DEC-13]
  • Upvote 1

im almost 100% sure this was already featured back when coop and solo were featured at the same time... just saying.

Edited by Undead Ninya

im almost 100% sure this was already featured back when coop and solo were featured at the same time... just saying.

So as our way of saying thanks, we would like to present one of our favorite featured playlists this year:

...just saying.

• Upvote 1

That crown though. Also the coop playlist already got featured, why did they used an already featured playlist?

Edited by gman5326

...just saying.

I thought the same thing as Nin(Y)a, and did a quick search to see when it was chosen.  Then when I re-read the original post I realized that... I just wasted a bunch of my time.

I think you (and I) should get an award for not reading and then commenting about something we didn't know anything about.

For some reason it isn't working for me. Playing the Community Playlists Co-Op submissions work fine, but this doesn't work.

• Upvote 1

Very cool head this week!

...But in all honesty, I really didn't like the Co-op playlist (Also yes, I know this was featured before, I just never played it originally).

The playlist started out great with some creative traps and ideas, but it seemed to get progressively more bland the further you progressed (Not to mention the cooperative traps became more scarce)... And Encore 3-3 was just awful. I give the playlist as a whole 3.5/5 stars.

• Upvote 1

I'm having issues with the game saying battleblock theater is not available when I play the coop feature on local. Plus I didn't get the king head when I beat the solo feature either. Not sure what end is having the issue mine or the behemoth but wanted to give heads up.

I'm having issues with the game saying battleblock theater is not available when I play the coop feature on local. Plus I didn't get the king head when I beat the solo feature either. Not sure what end is having the issue mine or the behemoth but wanted to give heads up.

Yeah, same thing is happening to me. I got the King head last night, traded it away for the Tiny Monkey head and when i came to get it back this morning I was getting this error

I'm having issues with the game saying battleblock theater is not available when I play the coop feature on local

Same here, buddy

I'll try again later