Reggie

Standout Of Bbt Compared To Other Games

What is so attractive about BBT is something that not all of the hot games have today. This is something that not many game developers keep much attention to.

When a game is made, the game devleopers of other game series usually focus more of the actual game and focus too much when they're putting too much effort into something that's probably old. That's like beating a dead bird with a rock. For 7 years.

The developers of BBT found an important aspect of a game that isn't paid much attention to by many other game devs. It's something other games do not have. In fact, it's two things.

One is simplicity. The simple plot of BBT is shining which leads to the other aspect I'll explain in another piece of text. The actual game is simple, but it has so many possibilities coming out of it. This is what I mean by "BBT found an important aspect of a game that isn't paid much attention to by many other game devs" because other game devs try to keep it fresh and pay too much attention to that. Let's take a shooter game for example. Graphics are insane, games are full of complicated mechanics, etc. while BBT relies on its simplicity because the graphics are simple and understandable which puts less effort into them. When it's understandable it's good.

The other is humor; and yes, other games have humor but do not compare to BBT. The plot is twisted and weird which adds to its humor and makes it fun. An actual fun game compared to an actual seriousness in a modern game as of today. It makes it stand out. It also balances absolute seriousness because.. there is none! What devs don't realize is that a non-serious game can also be a good game as well: maybe even better.

To conclude, it's like a scavenger hunt. BBT relies on having a fun and a simple game of a scavenger hunt. They find all the items with a simple way to find them: just looking for them. Other games tend to overcomplicate their ways when the questions are just "the room the thing in is the opposite color of black" so basically BBT knows it's the white room while others tend to overthink and completely go off-target.

• Upvote 3

Simplistic yet complicated gameplay? Check.

Humorous quotes? Check.

The ability for funny fast-paced, competitive action? Check.

Frustrating moments that require creativity to get around(such as bouncing off of a Frog-Om to get across the water)? Check.

Great story? Check.

Brilliant Co-Op? Check.

Community made levels and many options for what your character looks like? Check.

Masterpiece? Check.

The other is humor; and yes, other games have humor but do not compare to BBT. The plot is twisted and weird which adds to its humor and makes it fun.

I'm not saying you're wrong... But Conker's Bad Fur Day is, was and shall be the funniest and best game to ever play ever; ever.

In an era of modern games full of seriousness I can completley agree how strange plots and humour makes a game stand out and this is definitley an example of one, not the best, but it's up there in terms of difference.

I would give this game a 3.5/5 - pushing on a 4 if the combat system and character customisation was slightly more involved.

The other is humor; and yes, other games have humor but do not compare to BBT. The plot is twisted and weird which adds to its humor and makes it fun.

I'm not saying you're wrong... But Conker's Bad Fur Day is, was and shall be the funniest and best game to ever play ever; ever.

In an era of modern games full of seriousness I can completley agree how strange plots and humour makes a game stand out and this is definitley an example of one, not the best, but it's up there in terms of difference.

I would give this game a 3.5/5 - pushing on a 4 if the combat system and character customisation was slightly more involved.

There are over 200 heads to choose from-not enough customization?

And the combat system- really?

This is supposed to be a game focused on solving things and beating the levels. Not fighting. Duh.

This is supposed to be a game focused on solving things and beating the levels. Not fighting. Duh.

I enjoy the game, a lot, but Hi5er is right about 'customisation' and the combat.

You can choose your head and color, but the body is always the same and you can't create your own head.  If those elements were added there would be more options to "customisation' your character.

As far as the combat system, every online mode uses some form of combat, especially muckle.  You can't shoot any weapons up, and there are no combo moves.

I enjoy the simplicity, but it truly is a simple game when talking about those options.

I'd give the game a much higher score, but his points are valid.

• Upvote 1

I enjoy the game, a lot, but Hi5er is right about 'customisation' and the combat.

You can choose your head and color, but the body is always the same and you can't create your own head.  If those elements were added there would be more options to "customisation' your character.

As far as the combat system, every online mode uses some form of combat, especially muckle.  You can't shoot any weapons up, and there are no combo moves.

I enjoy the simplicity, but it truly is a simple game when talking about those options.

But what you people fail to understand is that this game isn't focused on combat. And you're not meant to have LIEK EVVRY KUSSTOM1Z4T10N 0PT10N ever. You don't need a specific body type for your character; nobody cares about that but you two.

And again, like I just said, this game isn't focused on combat. Not like castle crashers with combos and you only get points for fighting in one game mode. Seriously, BBT is supposed to be focused on solving the puzzles and winning- no real combat required unless you are playing muckle.

But what you people fail to understand is that this game isn't focused on combat. And you're not meant to have LIEK EVVRY KUSSTOM1Z4T10N 0PT10N ever. You don't need a specific body type for your character; nobody cares about that but you two.

And again, like I just said, this game isn't focused on combat. Not like castle crashers with combos and you only get points for fighting in one game mode. Seriously, BBT is supposed to be focused on solving the puzzles and winning- no real combat required unless you are playing muckle.

Calm down friend, everyone is entitled to their opinions and there's no need to defend a game to death. My favourite game as I mentioned is Conker's Bad Fur Day, which actually has 0 customization involved in it, but if a game developer has gone to the effort of making customization an element of the game, then they need to do it justice by going for the whole hog - otherwise it can make people think it's lacking in this area.

If its about solving the puzzles (which it is), then why is there the need for combat at all? They put in enemies to add depth to the levels, fair enough, now we, as players need a way to fight them - hence the need for a combat system which in my eyes could have gone further. Heres a couple of examples, Mario 64 and Sonic. Both about solving puzzles to get to an end goal, in sonic there's enemies but it does not need a combat system so it doesn't bother, but it gives you ways to avoid enemies. In Mario you have a large variety of moves, combos and power-ups to fight the many enemies you come across, BBT feels like an inbetweeney of these two games that doesn't feel polished, why include games like Muckle if the emphasis is on puzzles? To add depth and lasting appeal. Exactly, but now where's the combat system (or ways to avoid combat situations) to go with it?

In terms of customization, again if you're going to do it, do it right. A fully customisable game for me would be: a level editor (check), character editor (semi check, no personalising heads, very simple body colouring), weapon editor (nope), stat editor (nope) etc etc.

I am by no means saying BBT is a bad game (3.5/5 is a respectable score, 7/10 if we're going by IGN rating system), for me I feel like it has more to give, no game is perfect and there's always room for improvement and I feel that is what is missing from this game.

BLAH BLAH

BLAH BLAH BLAH

BLU BLEA BLAH
I enjoy the game, a lot, BLAH BLAH BLAH
But what you people fail to understand is that this game isn't focused on combat. BLAH BLAH BLAH

BLAH BLAH BLAH. Seriously, BBT is supposed to be focused on solving the puzzles and winning- no real combat required unless you are playing muckle.

BLAH My favourite game is Conker's Bad Fur Day, BLAH (Great point and game)

BLAH BLEA BLOOIE

Muckle: combat

Capture the horse: capture the flag/combat

King of the Hill: Combat

Ball Game: basketball/combat

Soul: Combat/keep away

Grab the Gold: combat

ANYTHING THAT HAS A CAT: Combat

Hidden Boss Level in Chapter 8: Combat is only way to win

The only thing that doesn't heavily rely on combat is paint the world, which there could be an easy argument that it does, and challenge.

We're not saying the game needs more 'customisation' or combos, what we are saying is that there aren't any combos and the 'customisation' options are limited to head choice, which isn't the only option available in this type of game.

I love this game and don't think that there needs to be any changes, but if there was room for improvement, that would be the easiest things to improve to make the game better that's all.  That is where the game is lacking.