Sign in to follow this  
Reggie

[Spoilers] Theories - Hatty's Death

Hatty's Death

Some people have been saying that Hatty died because he didn't move and stuff. There are also reasons that prove otherwise;

- When they threw him out, he was sinking. Dead bodies float, and live bodies sink; so he was still pretty much alive.

- When "Buckle your pants" started, the narrator was talking about how Hatty was a vegetable, and was blabbering on about a potato. This could refer to the fact that Hatty is in a vegetative state where he is pretty much a tomato, but still alive. When you're in a vegetative state, you have no feeling. This could be why Hatty didn't care if his friends were respawning and drowning in a pool of 4-feet water.

- If the narrator's prediction that the hat is haunted by its previous owners is correct, then the previous owners would've controlled Hatty, possibly to a state where Hatty has no control of his body.

Alien Hominid

When Hatty's hat shot a giant laser up, in one scene the Alien from Alien Hominid got blown out of his ship. This could result in the beginning of Alien Homind BUT: In the intro of the game the alien was still in his ship and was messing with the controls then crashed while in BBT he flew out of the ship.

While this is all true, you forgot to mention how his hat turned red to green, meaning Hatty retook control of his body that the hat previously took over, meaning Hatty was indeed dead but at the bottom of the ocean, his hat turned green and he started talking. I do not yet know if his soul was talking or the hat was or something among those lines, but its safe to say that Hatty regained control and became alive once more. Also the beam that Hatty shot up did start Alien Hominid. If you pay close attention, at the end of BBT hatty shot a GREEN laser that crashed Alien Hominid ship, at the beginning of Alien Hominy however, the same GREEN laser can be seen destroying the Alien's ship and thus starting Alien Hominid.

Edited by gman5326

Hatty was an unusual ruler of the theater. He was unusual in the way that he was incredibly friendly.

This is what helped him survive.

According to the narrator, glowy red things are bad and blessed things are a glowy green color(remember the Voodoo Witch Doctor scene). Blessed, in this case, means good. And Hatty is a very good man. This could indicate that he must have overcome the evil of the hat while he was sinking without the hat on. When the hat finally landed on Hatty's head, Hatty had already recovered. And he had also detected the TRUE source of evil: Honey Hug. Notice how when in the Hall of Dudes, Honey Hug is on the far bottom right, closest to the vault, which likely means he was the previous owner. But look closer in his portrait and you'll see that Honey Hug isn't wearing the hat. He could have gotten angry that he wasn't allowed to lead the theater and put up the portrait of him without the hat on as a grim reminder(without the cats knowing, of course.) It is also possible that he is why the place looks so trashy; he might have went on a rampage as he walked out of the theater. But back to the point: Before Honey Hug left, it is possible he cursed the hat out of anger.

And that's why Hatty used the now-good power of the hat (and his friendlyness power) to create a laser that would shoot out to space and kill Honey Hug.

So that's my theory. Also, Hatty likely used the now-good power of the hat to help him swim up; he was on the seafloor, which would be very deep down in the ocean.

• Upvote 1

The fact that you have the actual spoiler in the title makes the '[spoilers]' pointless.

• Upvote 3

I think Hatty didn't die because he was never alive to begin with

He was simply a fictional character created in a videogame by The Behemoth to help tell a fictional story

• Upvote 1

Can I just say I know most people have completed the game but there is no point putting [spoilers] if you're going to put the ending in the title anyways. 

My theory is that Hatty still lives in a vegetative as Stamper says at the end and yes it is the start to Alien Hominid, because as we all know red=bad and green/blue=good (As we know from mass effect) and the Honey Hug has always been floating around in space like a moon. 

Hatty was an unusual ruler of the theater. He was unusual in the way that he was incredibly friendly.

This is what helped him survive.

According to the narrator, glowy red things are bad and blessed things are a glowy green color(remember the Voodoo Witch Doctor scene). Blessed, in this case, means good. And Hatty is a very good man. This could indicate that he must have overcome the evil of the hat while he was sinking without the hat on. When the hat finally landed on Hatty's head, Hatty had already recovered. And he had also detected the TRUE source of evil: Honey Hug. Notice how when in the Hall of Dudes, Honey Hug is on the far bottom right, closest to the vault, which likely means he was the previous owner. But look closer in his portrait and you'll see that Honey Hug isn't wearing the hat. He could have gotten angry that he wasn't allowed to lead the theater and put up the portrait of him without the hat on as a grim reminder(without the cats knowing, of course.) It is also possible that he is why the place looks so trashy; he might have went on a rampage as he walked out of the theater. But back to the point: Before Honey Hug left, it is possible he cursed the hat out of anger.

And that's why Hatty used the now-good power of the hat (and his friendlyness power) to create a laser that would shoot out to space and kill Honey Hug.

Almost like the blessed glowy green things are the gems, the only things keeping Hatty alive and surrounding him in his vault. Just like how you need to be constantly collecting gems.... are they the key? The key to all? Life, the universe, and Hatty?

Edited by SpoonArtist

I think this has all been said before, a few different times.

Also I think it's a video game that may or may not ever see a follow up which is why there is ambiguity.

The bigger plot hole is who were the original "performers" before the ss friendship crashed? The story talks about previous wearers of the hat, but not previous performers. Where did they come from?

• Upvote 1

There a lot of problems with this theory the main one is the fact the tomato Is a fruit.

Is that a problem? I think the more relevant and related one at hand is the fact that Pluto is no longer a planet.

Original prisoners were the CC knights. In the arena, there are giant cats. Their ancestors then made a theater to continue to watch bloodshed.

• Upvote 1

Cats hate water, the hat went in the ocean with Hatty Hattington breaking the curse going from red to green. Green is positive, red is negitive or evil. Even though the hat was cursed by a voodoo witch doctor a couple times, this game had a huge cat theme so I believe water did the trick. And Hatty never died, he was in a comatose state. This could have been a bad reaction to the hat, because he went from an amazing guy to a complete lazy jerk once the cats put the hat on him. The hat didn't fit him correct which you can see in the gift shop how its slipping off. If his head would have been different I imagine he would have been normal. Purrham was normal with the hat on because it fit correctly and it was cursed.

Why does he shoot the laser in the intro when they first put the hat on him?

Maybe he saw his friends and tried to give them a signal (the laser) that he was being controlled and had turned evil. Or maybe he was aiming for the cats, but missed entirely because the hat was evil and didn't want him to shoot the cats.