How the heck do some people know so much about the internet? 90% of the time I have to google a reference someone has made to find out and no longer feel stupid. Am I not browsing the internet enough? I kinda want to be able to make funny references to funny things too, y'know.

I had never heard of Doge until the avatar theme. Sue me.

Just lurk moar. Googling references you see is a step in the right direction. If you want to actively research this stuff in your spare time, go ahead, but just spending time on sites is the way to go. 4chan is the birthplace of pretty much every single reference you'll see, but I don't recommend going there unless you're at least 17 or 18 and you want to hate yourself. Know Your Meme is probably your best friend for this though; sometimes I just like to go there and look up random memes.

Today I went there and found this guy:

7f5.gif

Finding lots of useful reaction gifs is always good.

Edited by GoldenGhost
  • Upvote 1

It's ok, I don't either. I figured that everyone else did had to look them up all the time, but I guess not. It might be that I just don't spend that much time with 4Chan or Reddit or whatever.

My main focuses are Youtube and Tumblr.

Edited by Turkey

I good bit of the internet, and I hope I don't know anymore then that. Sure I know about a lot of youtubers and a good bit of memes, but that's enough.

It's mainly when people use lyrics from songs; that's when I get really baffled, I don't listen to a whole lot of music, and the music that I do listen to I don't exactly spend my time scrounging up the lyrics so I can joke about them. I feel even worse because it's usually a really really well known song. One that I've heard before, usually many more times than that, but as I just said I don't really try to figure out the lyrics. Maybe I just need to listen to more music.

If its music related, listen to the new 'pop' music/soft rap music that comes on every other station. Thats pretty much where all the lyric memes come from.

tumblr_lgedv2Vtt21qf4x93o1_40020110725-2

But seriously, I agree. It took me a while to figure out that the dog meme was actually just called "Doge".