So its a game that's pretty fun, if you haven't heard of it you should look it up or go to their website here. Anyone have it? Its still in its beta so its considered an early access on Steam for $14.99. I would highly recommend it, this is one of my first PC games since SPORE came out in 2008.

I really enjoy this game, I was playing it with my buddies over the weekend and we beat the second boss. I like how you have stuff to do other than just random crap, like it starts you off with a few simple tutorial-like quests to hint you towards the right direction and then lets you keep going on that path by yourself. You can choose to follow the path and earn more crafting abilities, or you can just explore different planets and decorate your house and spaceship. The obvious game to compare it to is Terraria, and from what I've played of both, Starbound is WAY easier to enjoy.

Oh my God, they are obviously just copying Terraria.  They should just give up.  It's not even in 3D, and all 2D games suck so Starbound sucks but Terraria was good after it didn't suck because it wasn't Minecraft anymore.  God.

• Upvote 1

Oh my God, they are obviously just copying Terraria.  They should just give up.  It's not even in 3D, and all 2D games suck so Starbound sucks but Terraria was good after it didn't suck because it wasn't Minecraft anymore.  God.

"All 2D games suck". Since when? Ever hear of Mario, Megaman, Metroid? I thought those were fun.

Edited by The one winged angel

Glad someone made a thread about this or I would, it's a fun game.

Also just want to add this, just because it's similar to Terraria doesn't mean it is Terraria, it borrows elements from Terraria and does what Terraria wouldn't of done. When I first heard about this game like 2 years ago or something I thought it was being developed by Relogic.

Oh and this music <3

Edited by Ultanoka

"All 2D games suck". Since when? Ever hear of Mario, Megaman, Metroid? I thought those were fun.

Poe's law strikes again

• Upvote 1

YwgbT16.gif

I just love this one.

Back on topic though, I hate when you spawn in a world without trees in your immediate area, and then it takes like 30min+ just to find some. I don't mind though, the soundtrack keeps me calm through my countless deaths. Also what species are you guys and do they have certain abilities other than separate food items? (I may just check the Wiki)

Edited by SpoonArtist
  • Upvote 1

Basically everyone is telling you I was kidding.

I'm nineteen years old, so I grew up with 2D games.  I can't hate them if they're all I had to play for five years, and to this day still play.  I personally enjoy Terraria, and have yet to play Starbound ,but am sure I'll enjoy that as well.

Basically everyone is telling you I was kidding.

I'm nineteen years old, so I grew up with 2D games.  I can't hate them if they're all I had to play for five years, and to this day still play.  I personally enjoy Terraria, and have yet to play Starbound ,but am sure I'll enjoy that as well.

I know, I didn't even know you were kidding lol. My apologies.

It looks good but terraria better in my openun and im getting both for the ps vita because there planed to come out.

As some of you may know I am a little bit of a grammar Nazi and am having a lot of trouble controlling myself on this one. Also of course Terraria is going to be better right now, its gone through about 11 updates. I honestly think this will completely overtake Terraria, with the whole 'different planets' thing.

Edited by SpoonArtist

As some of you may know I am a little bit of a grammar Nazi

Also of course Terraria is going to be better right now, its gone through about 11 updates.

Story does not check out

• Upvote 1

Als

o

of course Terraria is going to be better right now, its gone through about 11 updates.

Story does not check out

YEP.

Edited by SpoonArtist
  • Upvote 1

Also of course Terraria is going to be better right now, its gone through about 11 up

dates.<

/p>
Story does not check out
I needed to quote this before you could edit, just give me a few minutes.

(I tried to confine this to a spoiler but it didn't work out too well)

It’s

4. That dog loves it’s bone.

Test: That dog loves it is bone. (Incorrect!)

Its

3. Its fur is so soft and shiny.

Test: The [dog’s] fur is so soft and shiny. (Correct!)

"it has gone through about 11 updates"

Your form of "its gone" would say that the game "Terraria" has a "gone" that it owns.

but I cant spel so I am knot making fun.

I hate coding... especially when it messes up quote order stuff...

Edited by Backup sidekick

Wow I feel pretty stupid now, I checked my grammar like four times using that example thing and I guess I just processed it as having an apostrophe in it. I was incorrect in my grammar...

grammar-nazi-suicide-o.gif

Excuse me I'll be going into hiding for a few days.

Edited by SpoonArtist
  • Upvote 3

So many corrections in this thread. I recently downloaded Steam for the sole purpose of Starbound. As someone who never plays PC games, refuses to touch Minecraft, and has a laptop with a keyboard that forces me to arch my hand uncomfortably to use WASD... I still love this game. Hylotl4life #representson

When I first started up the game, I... Got really frustrated with it because of the menu and HUD system because, I dunno, I expected it to be like Terraria and I kinda hate how there's so many hotkeys for several different menus that could probably be merged into one screen. Other than that, I'm enjoying how they just throw you in and let you figure out and explore everything for yourself.

So many corrections in this thread. I recently downloaded Steam for the sole purpose of Starbound. As someone who never plays PC games, refuses to touch Minecraft

Minecraft kinda got boring for me since I been playing it for like 3 years now. I do like to still play adventure maps and stuff, but survival not so much. And I am disgusted at the monetization of the xbox version. 

with that being said I see alot of my friends on steam playing Starbound so maybe when I get my direct deposit tomorrow (yay me!) 

I might buy it. Although I tried terraria, I just couldn't get into the whole 2D aspect of the game and really didn't like playing it because the pixels you manipulate are so small it can take forever to make something.  But that's just my opinon.

UPDATE just got the game and it's pretty fun, alot easier to get into than terraria and stuff. I really like exploration games so this is a great time killer for me.

Is it possible to bring your own threads back to life? I have a bad habit of letting the threads I create die, and I don't really want that to happen right now. The new update has been out for a while, and I've maxed out my character and stuff on single player. Just wondering if anyone wants to play online, because I'm having trouble finding a server that doesn't kick you every 5 minutes.