Koen

Tbf Annual Awards 2013 Results!

Due to recent revelations I'll have to ask you all to be gentlemen (and gentlewomen) and only vote once.

What do you mean by revelations?

I'm guessing by what Koen said that there is a method by whihc an individual can vote more than once.  I do not know how to do such deceptive things, but what I can say is that you should vote superBRADY777 for new user of the year.

I think all you have to do is delete your cookies in your browser, or just wipe the browser of all its data. Voting twice almost gives Internet Explorer a use, but it'll take a half hour to just log into the forums. I can't imagine how long it would take to complete an entire 5 question survey, three hours at least.

Edited by SpoonArtist

Due to recent revelations I'll have to ask you all to be gentlemen (and gentlewomen) and only vote once.

I only voted once. I'm a gentleman, of course.

Tragic~

• Upvote 1

I vote for...

User of the Year
-Mr. Star
Newcomer of the Year
-MorgLikesGames
Moderator of the Year
-Koen
Best Thread of 2013
-MorgLikesGames made a thing
Forum Game of the Year
-Users vs Mods 2.0
BattleBlock Theater Prisoner of the Year
-Lavalamp Prisoner
Behemoth Staff Member of the Year
-Megan
Non-Behemoth Game of the Year
none
Best Non-active Member from the past
none
Best Fanart
-Starhead art by Derekis

Topics in order

User of the Year - Backup Sidekick

Newcomer  - Undead Ninya 

Mod - SushiGummy

Thread - Star head Guide

Forum Game - Useless Quote

Head - Default Square

Staff - Megan

Non-TB Game - Fire Emblem I guess, because even though I haven't played it, the rest just seems like video game "white noise," and the word "Revengeance" is either the best or worst thing I've ever heard.

Fanart - Roy X Pocket, obviously

I vote for...

User of the Year

-Mr. Star

Newcomer of the Year

-MorgLikesGames

Moderator of the Year

-Koen

Best Thread of 2013

Forum Game of the Year

-Users vs Mods 2.0

-Lavalamp Prisoner

-Megan

none

none

Best Fanart

-Starhead art by Derekis

Topics in order

Newcomer  - Undead Ninya 

Mod - SushiGummy

Thread - Star head Guide

Head - Default Square

Staff - Megan

Non-TB Game - Fire Emblem I guess, because even though I haven't played it, the rest just seems like video game "white noise," and the word "Revengeance" is either the best or worst thing I've ever heard.

Guys, please vote here.

Also, keep in mind to read the opening post. It gets updated quite often.

I vote for...

User of the Year

-Mr. Star

Newcomer of the Year

-MorgLikesGames

Moderator of the Year

-Koen

Best Thread of 2013

Forum Game of the Year

-Users vs Mods 2.0

-Lavalamp Prisoner

-Megan

none

none

Best Fanart

-Starhead art by Derekis

>

Topics in order

Newcomer  - Undead Ninya 

Mod - SushiGummy

Thread - Star head Guide

Head - Default Square

Staff - Megan

Guys, please vote here.

Also, keep in mind to read the opening post. It gets updated quite often.

I actually did, I just didn't see that. Sorry.

Now that Vpustote cleared up the truth regarding his thread, consider which thread you want to vote best thread of 2013:

http://forums.thebehemoth.com/index.php?/topic/16382-hoaxus-poaxus/

Still will be happy with whatever happens, but now that the truth is out, it might make you change your mind the other way.

• Upvote 1

I didn't know this thread existed until now, and I missed the nomination deadline :( . As the winner of the Newcomer of the Year award last year, I would like to say good luck to all the newcomers that were nominated. You're gonna need it.

• Upvote 4

Koen,

I'm going to have to say that making polls (two or three threads if necessary) would have been a better idea.  

Not only can we see everyone's vote in real time, but no one can cheat and vote more than once.  And to top it off, we have to believe you in the results.  How do we know that you were "gentleman" and chose what people actually cheat voted for...  I mean only voted once for?

I call re-vote with polls for the Definitive Voting Round.  

Koen,

I'm going to have to say that making polls (two or three threads if necessary) would have been a better idea.  

Not only can we see everyone's vote in real time, but no one can cheat and vote more than once.  And to top it off, we have to believe you in the results.  How do we know that you were "gentleman" and chose what people actually cheat voted for...  I mean only voted once for?

Where's the fun in seeing who's winning? It builds suspense when no one knows the current standings, and just from knowing Koen, he's definitely not one to cheat to earn an award on a forum. There's a reason he's been nominated for User and Mod of the Year, and if he wins either, it's because he earned it.

• Upvote 1

I'm not worried about that Ghost.  I'm worried that anyone... and pretty much EVERYONE can vote anywhere from 1 to 100000000000 times... As many times as they want.  

So the winner is basically going to be whoever is dedicated enough to vote 20-50 times a day.  

Koen,

Because creating two or three threads is a prime example of clutter.

Seeing each others votes in real time is rarely done in any sort of award show, for good reason of course as seeing the current votes could affect people in a way that would prevent them from making honest decisions. 

I specifically chose this survey host because it allows me to see which IP adresses have voted and it automatically deletes multiple votes made by the same IP adress.

You do raise a good point though, by asking if you are able to trust me or not. However I did not become a mod by being untrustworthy. 

Of course trust has to be earned, so if you truly want to be sure about the legitimacy of the results, I can post screenshots of the survey data collected.

If after having seen the results for yourself, you still do not deem me trustworthy, feel free to present the community with your own awards show, however keep in mind that I will not permit the creation of useless clutter threads.

I hope this answers your questions and relieves your doubts, merry christmas.

You never mentioned that people can vote 10 million times?  I'm not concerned whether or not you are trustworthy, Koen.  

People are indeed able to vote multiple times. However, if you submit a second vote, your first vote will automatically be deleted by the system along with your 2nd vote and any other votes made by you after that. So even if you take the time to vote 10 million times, none of them will be counted in the results. 

You never mentioned that people can vote 10 million times?  I'm not concerned whether or not you are trustworthy, Koen.  

People are indeed able to vote multiple times. However, if you submit a second vote, your first vote will automatically be deleted by the system along with your 2nd vote and any other votes made by you after that. So even if you take the time to vote 10 million times, none of them will be counted in the results. 

What if someone votes from a public computer, their home computer, and their cell phone, and friend's computer, and their xbox?

I'm not trying to start problems, but I can see where V is coming from.  I think one user name per vote is better, plus that way the winner can be identified by who voted for them, not an ip address that voted for them that no one can verify.

EDIT: I'm not even in the running for anything anymore so my opinion isn't biased.

Edited by Backup sidekick