Koen

Tbf Annual Awards 2013 Results!

You never mentioned that people can vote 10 million times?  I'm not concerned whether or not you are trustworthy, Koen.  

People are indeed able to vote multiple times. However, if you submit a second vote, your first vote will automatically be deleted by the system along with your 2nd vote and any other votes made by you after that. So even if you take the time to vote 10 million times, none of them will be counted in the results. 

What if someone votes from a public computer, their home computer, and their cell phone, and friend's computer, and their xbox?

I'm not trying to start problems, but I can see where V is coming from.  I think one user name per vote is better, plus that way the winner can be identified by who voted for them, not an ip address that voted for them that no one can verify.

EDIT: I'm not even in the running for anything anymore so my opinion isn't biased.

I see your point, however, this is where moderator magic comes in. Due to moderator magic (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to specifically mention the rights and powers given to moderators, but I'm sure you can get what I'm talking about) I'm able to link said IP adresses to users on the forums. For instance, vpustote has voted at least 23 times.

Based on the previous voting round, I maintain my trust in the majority of the voters not to cheat. Votes submitted by those who did cheat in the previous voting round will be deleted.

Again, if you feel you can do better. Feel free to do so. (as long as you follow forum rules and regulations)

I thought we could only vote once?  ...and that our second attempt would override the first?  

Also, are you going to match up all the IP addresses to what Backup said: phone, friend, neighbors, work, McDonald's, etc.   

This is your contest, why would I make my own :?:  ... I offered a better way.

I thought we could only vote once?  ...and that our second attempt would override the first?  

Also, are you going to match up all the IP addresses to what Backup said: phone, friend, neighbors, work, McDonald's, etc.   

This is your contest, why would I make my own :?:  ... I offered a better way.

In my opinion, my approach is currently still the best way of doing this.

So far, according to the data collected, you are one of 3 users to abuse the system. There could be more users to have cheated or tried to have cheated the system, that is if those users were willing to travel to an entire different state or country just to be able to submit 1 extra vote.

So far, there has not been a flaw in the way I am approaching this. If you prefer to see this done in a different way, then I suggest either A, starting your own. or B, Host the award show next year. Otherwise, I'd suggest dropping this topic, as it inspires nothing but mistrust and paranoia. If a flaw does present itself that deems this way of doing this inappropriate then I will consider a different course of action. However, so far there has been no evidence of any misconduct that would jeopardize the legitimacy of the award results.

If you have anything left to add to this specific discussion topic, I'd suggest sending me a personal message. 

Due to moderator magic (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to specifically mention the rights and powers given to moderators, but I'm sure you can get what I'm talking about) 

Shouldn't we (standard members) be able to understand what moderators have the power to do? It might be just me because I'm fairly new here, but I had no idea you could track IP addresses as a moderator.

I think that anything Koen, or any mod, does should be accepted as the best deemed course of action for the community. There's little to gain in the forum hierarchy, so there's nothing to really abuse. 

Anyway, why did nobody nominate me for anything? D:

• Upvote 1

I finally voted.  I had literally no idea that the voting wasn't hosted on the site, so I thought Koen was an idiot.  Sorry Koen, I should have trusted you more.

nao hoo is idjit trolelolel

Awaiting results. Never was this hard before.

Too much information.

Voting closes in a bit less than 3 hours. Expect to see the results not that long after the voting closes.

• Upvote 5

Awaiting results. Never was this hard before.

This is one of those where proofreading is a necessity.

Sorry, I'm really tired right now...

Results are up.

The fancy titles were made by MorgLikesGames, feel free to use the title of the award you won in your sig if you feel the need to show it off.

Oh wow, thanks so much guys! :) I thought that I would only get my own vote for this. Happy new year to all!

• Upvote 3

AWW YEAH! Thank you I love you guys.

The fancy titles were made by MorgLikesGames, feel free to use the title of the award you won in your sig if you feel the need to show it off.

Oh I'd love to except that the sigs are still less functional than a wooden toaster.

edit: if you google "wooden toaster" it comes up with a bunch of MLP crap. why.

Edited by GoldenGhost
  • Upvote 2

AWW YEAH! Thank you I love you guys.

Oh I'd love to except that the sigs are still less functional than a wooden toaster.

Word of god is that they are working as intended. I don't like it either, deal with it.

The hell.  Why didn't Eric win Staff Member of the year?  He's the most beautiful man in the world!  I'm also upset that Zane didn't win User of the Year.  Grant won the Newcomer award, though, and for that, I am happy.

I'm also upset Roy X Pocket didn't win.

Anyway, the fact that I got five votes for Mod of the Year is astonishing, and I thank you all for even giving me a chance to win.  I somehow got more votes than Sushi and Roy, even though those two are much better Mods than I, now Koen on the other hand...just kidding, I had no delusions of winning anything this year, so I'm happy.  Besides, I won three awards last year, so that's just be unfair if I won again this year.

Love youuu~

• Upvote 1

The hell.  Why didn't Eric win Staff Member of the year?  He's the most beautiful man in the world!  I'm also upset that Zane didn't win User of the Year.  Grant won the Newcomer award, though, and for that, I am happy.

I'm also upset Roy X Pocket didn't win.

Anyway, the fact that I got five votes for Mod of the Year is astonishing, and I thank you all for even giving me a chance to win.  I somehow got more votes than Sushi and Roy, even though those two are much better Mods than I, now Koen on the other hand...just kidding, I had no delusions of winning anything this year, so I'm happy.  Besides, I won three awards last year, so that's just be unfair if I won again this year.

Love youuu~

You could have at least tried to seem congratulating to people outside of your clique, just a thought

Aw man, I was only one vote behind on both! Ah well. Congrats, everyone!

Oh man, you were so close. There's always next year, though!  :-)

(Also, nice work on those title images).

And wow, I won Moderator of the Year by one vote? That's craaazy (and honestly, I feel Koen should have taken this one), but thank you to all who voted for me. This is the first time I've won an award since 2009 (I think).  :arrow:

I'll do my best to stick around until next years awards, too!

A big 'well done!' and 'thank you!' to all the other winners, all those who were nominated, and all those who took part in this year's awards (and everybody else, I guess...including The Behemoth! They did release a hit game this year, after all). Without you, these forums would not have been half as fun, or crazy, or eventful as they have this past year.  :arrow:  :arrow:

Here's hoping that 2014 will be just as awesome.  :arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:

• Upvote 2