Elusive Kat

Some "serious" Tips.

Hey fellow forum members! I was wondering if anyone could give some advice, tips, or any thing that can help me beat serious sam 3: bfe on "serious" difficultly. I hope I'm not the only forum member who plays the serious sam games. Keep in mind that no help can include me getting other players to help. I need to do this by myself for the achievement. I can beat the game on all other difficulties.

Edited by Elusive Kat

Just going to pop in and say that I own (I think?) all of the SS games on Steam.  Haven't played a single one, though.  So I can't help at all.

I actually just checked, SS3 is actually the only one I don't own.  So I'm even less help than I already was.

Hey, at least you looked at the topic.

Just going to pop in and say that I own (I think?) all of the SS games on Steam.  Haven't played a single one, though.  So I can't help at all.

I actually just checked, SS3 is actually the only one I don't own.  So I'm even less help than I already was.

I havent played BFE but Ive beaten other Serious Sam games simply through trial and error. The first couple attempts are just to get familiar with what enemies will spawn and where. Then I try different weapons on different rooms and if I clear a room without taking any damage, I save immediately. Rinse and repeat for entire game. Slowly die from amount of time put into game. Cry a single tear.

• Upvote 1

I havent dated for a while but I got married simply through trial and error. The first couple attempts are just to get familiar with how I'll fail and where. Then I try different weapons in different rooms and if I clear a room without taking any damage, I save immediately. Rinse and repeat for entire game. Slowly die from amount of time put into game. Cry a single tear.

I changed a few words and now this accurately describes my life in the dating game before I got married.

• Upvote 6

I havent played BFE but Ive beaten other Serious Sam games simply through trial and error. The first couple attempts are just to get familiar with what enemies will spawn and where. Then I try different weapons on different rooms and if I clear a room without taking any damage, I save immediately. Rinse and repeat for entire game. Slowly die from amount of time put into game. Cry a single tear.

ok, so I just keep trying over and over agian. Good thing I'm not one to rage. Thanks for the help, and the laughs.
  • Upvote 1

I don't have any good tips, I usually play with a friend therefore I don't really have to worry about losing. As a rule of thumb, I find kamikazes to be a useful tool to get rid of groups of enemies, provided they don't get too close and you can time your shots well. As always make every bit of ammunition count, don't waste it on enemies outside of your gun's reach and try to get the secrets, they usually help.

• Upvote 1

Serious Sam is probably one of my favorite (if not my absolute favorite) series of games. Good on you for enjoying it too.

Quicksaving and correct weapon selection are your best friends in Serious Sam. Weapons switch quickly for a reason; some weapons are better against some enemies in certain situations than others. There's no real reward to using your strongest weapons first to go as fast as possible when you're playing on Serious, unless you're speedrunning. The rocket launcher is fantastic for general work if you can lead with it, and rockets are relatively common. Getting your reloading timing perfectly right in Serious Sam 3 helps as well. If you've noticed, the ammo counter fills back up before the reload animation is completely finished, which sometimes doubles the reload speed if you switch to a different weapon right when it fills up.

I'm certain you know how to circle strafe reasonably well by now, but don't forget to circle strafe when you can. Try to jump only when you need to evade a kleer or something. If you time it right, you end up on top of them and they do no damage.

Find all of the secrets that you can. It provides such an immense advantage to be fully healed and stocked whenever possible. The XL2 laser and RAPTOR sniper rifle are probably the most efficient weapons at dispatching large enemies that don't require explosive damage. There's a laser in nearly every level after level 2. The RAPTOR is kind of rare, and so is the ammo, but it's ridiculous when you have it. The refire rate is quadrupled from previous Sam titles.

Anyways, all of this comes with patience and practice. Keep trying, and have fun.

• Upvote 2