Scaler193

Official James' Clique Recruiting Thread [Jcr]

Old. Troll. Noob. Babbity. My grandmother used to tell me stories about the old days, a time of peace when the Moderator kept balance between the Old Member Tribes, Troll Kingdom, Noob Nation, and Babbity Nomads. But that all changed when the Noob Nation attacked. Only the Moderator mastered all four roles. Only he could stop the ruthless noobs flaming. But when the world needed him most, he vanished. A hundred years have passed and the Noob Nation is nearing victory in the War. Two years ago, my father and the men of my tribe journeyed to the Troll Kingdom to help fight against the Noob Nation, leaving me and my brother to look after our tribe. Some people believe that the Moderator was never reborn into the Babbity Nomads, and that the cycle is broken. But I haven't lost hope. I still believe that somehow, the Moderator will return to save the forums.

I believe that I have found our saviour, in the form of Pocket. He has what it takes to change the forums. The mighty Noob Nation has already declared Pocket a threat,

I can tell, if I actually cared, then I wouldn't be doing this. If the clique led by Jamie is controlling the forum because of his mod powers, then I can tell how the rest of the forums time will be.  I just hope that others can decide to not be a follower of Jamie.

They say that Pocket is a threat, trying to control the forums for himself! But I believe that we should work with him, to join together as a cause to bring peace to the forums. All are welcome to join our cause to unite the forums. Join the JCR today!

• Upvote 1

I, Koen, coming from a long line of moderators, will share any or all of my experiences with the new moderator so he can defeat the noob lord's armies and bring peace to this forum.

This bulls*** is why I hate the forums now.  Just f***ing drop it, I have a truce with pocket right now, and I don't want to start arguing already.

• Upvote 2

I, Koen, coming from a long line of moderators, will share any or all of my experiences with the new moderator so he can defeat the noob lord's armies and bring peace to this forum.

Post one more time... I deeer youuuuu cuz lookit your post numbah.

• Upvote 1

This bulls*** is why I hate the forums now.  Just f***ing drop it, I have a truce with pocket right now, and I don't want to start arguing already.

photo-thumb-1179.jpg?_r=1387515407 - To create a perfect world, we must learn to live together. The JCR is happy that you have joined our cause.

The JCR's goal is to create a truce among all of the forums. With Hazard joining our cause among many others, we might have a chance to join together in harmony.

photo-thumb-1179.jpg?_r=1387515407 - To create a perfect world, we must learn to live together. The JCR is happy that you have joined our cause.

The JCR's goal is to create a truce among all of the forums. With Hazard joining our cause among many others, we might have a chance to join together in harmony.

Joining stuff! Like a signup sheet. But the paper is cheap and you cut through it. Now the members are mad. YOU HAVE BEEN EATEN BY A GRUE. 

I'm not taking sides here, but this thread seems to be aimed at creating sides for people to join and fanning flames.

If I'm wrong here can someone point out why making fun of Hazard has any value to the forums and why a thread like this is getting likes and attention instead of getting locked?

The peace that everyone is trying to established between new members and former members is getting erroded when stuff like this comes up and then gets comments like Koen trying to draw lines between "noobs" and "mods".  That's what a lot of new members feel the problem is.  Being a new member last year I was questioned, cautioned, warned thrice now, and have just barely, I believe, proven that I want to participate, but it feels like the more the new people try to mesh, the more the old members try to draw lines.  I think there is a lot here that I want to enjoy, and a lot of good people who have been here a long time, that just have made decisions that aren't perfect. (is that ok to say? I'm really not trying to blame anyone or be mean)  We all make mistakes.

I want to get along as much as anyone here, but this thread, to me, serves one purpose: to alienate and draw attention to people that other members don't like.  Would it be reasonable to substitute this thread with any other forum member? (I'm not naming names from either side here because I want the lines to stop)

To start, Hatty, Pocket, I've been mean at times.  I'm sorry for anything aimed at you guys that fanned any flames.  I don't want fights, I don't want trouble, sometimes I'm a hot head and I should show more patience.

Koen, you're a good guy.  I voted for you for mod of the year.

Anyone else, I don't think I've ever felt nagative about, except for the mods that gave me warnings that I got by accidents on my part.  That sucked, big deal, lessons learned.

• Upvote 4

I'm not taking sides here, but this thread seems to be aimed at creating sides for people to join and fanning flames.

If I'm wrong here can someone point out why making fun of Hazard has any value to the forums and why a thread like this is getting likes and attention instead of getting locked?

The peace that everyone is trying to established between new members and former members is getting erroded when stuff like this comes up and then gets comments like Koen trying to draw lines between "noobs" and "mods".  That's what a lot of new members feel the problem is.  Being a new member last year I was questioned, cautioned, warned thrice now, and have just barely, I believe, proven that I want to participate, but it feels like the more the new people try to mesh, the more the old members try to draw lines.  I think there is a lot here that I want to enjoy, and a lot of good people who have been here a long time, that just have made decisions that aren't perfect. (is that ok to say? I'm really not trying to blame anyone or be mean)  We all make mistakes.

I want to get along as much as anyone here, but this thread, to me, serves one purpose: to alienate and draw attention to people that other members don't like.  Would it be reasonable to substitute this thread with any other forum member? (I'm not naming names from either side here because I want the lines to stop)

To start, Hatty, Pocket, I've been mean at times.  I'm sorry for anything aimed at you guys that fanned any flames.  I don't want fights, I don't want trouble, sometimes I'm a hot head and I should show more patience.

Anyone else, I don't think I've ever felt nagative about, except for the mods that gave me warnings that I got by accidents on my part.  That sucked, big deal, lessons learned.

This is a bunch of yes. 

The peace that everyone is trying to established between new members and former members is getting erroded when stuff like this comes up and then gets comments like Koen trying to draw lines between "noobs" and "mods".

It was a joke, like this whole thread is nothing but a joke. Please don't take any of this seriously.

The only side I'm taking in this, is the side pre-determined by the opening post. The parody on avatar, moderator = avatar and noob = fire nation. (also, just pointing it out, you guys have been here for long enough to no longer be considered newbies.)

Being a new member last year I was questioned, cautioned, warned thrice now, and have just barely, I believe, proven that I want to participate, but it feels like the more the new people try to mesh, the more the old members try to draw lines.

Most of the times where you were questioned and cautioned were most likely for legit reasons, mostly because people react to other people. You might have said something that was taken as offensive, just like my post can be taken as a personal attack, which I'm very much trying to avoid. I should probably add that warnings, all warnings, are given only for good reasons, for instance breaking the rules and starting arguments. 

Just saying that picking on certain members has been nothing new lately, take for instance superbrady, it's not like you have been very kind to him either. 

So yeah, no one is perfect, lately there have been a lot of hostile posts on this forum and that should be resolved. But backup sidekick, I think you're great for not taking sides. It sure is hard not to do that, kudos to you. 

• Upvote 1

This thread is meant for nothing other then a joke and to put a stop to your sensless flame wars. If it takes a stupid topic to get rid of a stupid siduation i'll do it. Yes i've poked fun at Hazard in particular a bit, but im not going to harass the guy in particular, I do it to everybody, im a horrible member.

If anything, just look back and realize some things are being taken way to seriously. Most of this butthurt from everyone is taking something the wrong way, and complaining about it then fighting about it. I quoted freaking avatar when I created this, if I was trying to start some revolution i'd go around telling everyone how much I hate eachother. But I say we should keep in good humor. Create the COH [Church of Hazard] or whatever and go to war with us. Beyond popular belief, we don't want the new members to leave, were dead without them. There's only 5 of us here, and we need all the extras we can get. If your going to be offended by my avatar james cult, then so be it. I make the same jokes about every other members, and im poking fun at the #behemothdrama going on now.

Edit: I should have mentioned this as well. While its true I talk to other members now and then, I did this out of my own will. Im never collaberated and decided to team up against your opinions. I side with the team that shares the same ideas as me. I like to have fun, i've been the target of my fair share of hate and jokes, but you gotta laugh it off and joke about it later.

Edited by Scaler193

I want to start off my post by saying this is not my idea, nor did I have any part in this threads' creation.

In my opinion, this is not the way we need to handle this, and I was tempted to lock this thread the second I saw it.  But that wouldn't resolve anything for one reason.

You can't deny that there is a separation in our community.  A divide, if you will.  This thread clearly addresses the uprising issue with older members integrating with the newer members.

I was trying to think hard about why there is such a divide.  Was it just the new members being jerks?  The old members being jerks?  I don't think it's either one.  I think it's because before BBT came out, we had a small, close community of people constantly picking on each other and having fun.  Whenever someone joined, there wasn't an integration problem because they immediately noticed how our community acted and adapted accordingly.  With the release of BBT, there was a large influx of new members, who in a way, kind of created their own community in less traveled parts of the forums for the older members.  Then, when they started posting in places we frequented, their posting habits were far different and they acted much differently than we did. 

Since there were more members than just one, it seemed like they didn't need to adapt to our ways.  As a result, this created friction between new and old members.  Rather than trying to get along and create a truce, many members continued to argue and fight each other here and there, and the recent Boss Battle thread really displayed this.  I myself have been rude to newer members in the past, and I regret doing so.  I can't deny that I've had my hand in creating this divide, and now I'm powerless to stop it on my own.

So what can we do?

I don't know.  I don't know how members will start getting along.  There are people who caused it and won't take blame and will fight it which won't solve anything.  Then there are people that just don't care if our community is divided.  I personally want everyone to get along for once, and not have to check the forums every day to see what fight I'm going to become a part of or try and stop.

I don't have much else to say, but I just wanted people to realize that I am sorry about what I've done to help create this divide in our community.

• Upvote 1

I want to start off my post by saying this is not my idea, nor did I have any part in this threads' creation.

In my opinion, this is not the way we need to handle this, and I was tempted to lock this thread the second I saw it.  But that wouldn't resolve anything for one reason.

You can't deny that there is a separation in our community.  A divide, if you will.  This thread clearly addresses the uprising issue with older members integrating with the newer members.

I was trying to think hard about why there is such a divide.  Was it just the new members being jerks?  The old members being jerks?  I don't think it's either one.  I think it's because before BBT came out, we had a small, close community of people constantly picking on each other and having fun.  Whenever someone joined, there wasn't an integration problem because they immediately noticed how our community acted and adapted accordingly.  With the release of BBT, there was a large influx of new members, who in a way, kind of created their own community in less traveled parts of the forums for the older members.  Then, when they started posting in places we frequented, their posting habits were far different and they acted much differently than we did. 

Since there were more members than just one, it seemed like they didn't need to adapt to our ways.  As a result, this created friction between new and old members.  Rather than trying to get along and create a truce, many members continued to argue and fight each other here and there, and the recent Boss Battle thread really displayed this.  I myself have been rude to newer members in the past, and I regret doing so.  I can't deny that I've had my hand in creating this divide, and now I'm powerless to stop it on my own.

So what can we do?

I don't know.  I don't know how members will start getting along.  There are people who caused it and won't take blame and will fight it which won't solve anything.  Then there are people that just don't care if our community is divided.  I personally want everyone to get along for once, and not have to check the forums every day to see what fight I'm going to become a part of or try and stop.

I don't have much else to say, but I just wanted people to realize that I am sorry about what I've done to help create this divide in our community.

American+Animated+Flag.gif

I love you Jamesy :3

Edited by Turkey

It was a joke, like this whole thread is nothing but a joke. Please don't take any of this seriously.

The only side I'm taking in this, is the side pre-determined by the opening post. The parody on avatar, moderator = avatar and noob = fire nation. (also, just pointing it out, you guys have been here for long enough to no longer be considered newbies.)

Ah, I don't like the movie Avatar, and I haven't watched Avatar, the last airbender movie or tv show so that's probably why I missed the reference.  I know very little of either of these that the quote could have come from.  My bad.

For the record, yes I play online with Hazard and think he's a good guy, doesn't mean I'm on a side or agree with everything he says.  I hope he doesn't agree with most of what I say because most of it is pointless drabble.  However, I know from talking to him off the forum that there really has been a feeling of segregation and has caused suckiness in the feelings department for many members.  I could name off about 5 other members that felt that way as well, and some of the names would surprise most people on this thread.  I considered leaving not too long ago myself beacuse of some rough feelings of being really rejected.  I think things are coming around, what I would ask is that if everyone wants people to get along, lets try not to throw people under the bus that have obviously had some tough feelings here on the forum?  Hazard/Swag did create a very time intensive Star Head Guide for the Forums, that I truly feel deserved the title of thread of the year because it served an actual helpful purpose (congrats Hatty, nothing against you).

I get a joke, and I know this was a joke, but the timing was pretty inconsiderate considering some of the recent posts.

as for taking sides, I'm on side Edward.  That vampire or Warewolf is probably a sexy guy I think.

So would the title be Noob Lord Hazard? And the old tribe members are actually air benders (makes sense how much they talk) and the Noobs are fire benders (because they create flame wars?). I like Avatar a lot (Except the Smurfs ripoff by James Cameron).

Side Note: There is a lot of truth in this thread. However, not everyone is going to like everyone. That simply isnt possible. I think the best thing for everyone is to simply not fuel the flames. If someone says something you dont agree with, simply move on. These forums are not life or death. Who cares if someone on the internet doesnt like you?!

Then leave already, Member of 2013(?).

Edited by Turkey

Ah, I don't like the movie Avatar, and I haven't watched Avatar, the last airbender movie or tv show so that's probably why I missed the reference.  I know very little of either of these that the quote could have come from.  My bad.

For the record, yes I play online with Hazard and think he's a good guy, doesn't mean I'm on a side or agree with everything he says.  I hope he doesn't agree with most of what I say because most of it is pointless drabble.  However, I know from talking to him off the forum that there really has been a feeling of segregation and has caused suckiness in the feelings department for many members.  I could name off about 5 other members that felt that way as well, and some of the names would surprise most people on this thread.  I considered leaving not too long ago myself beacuse of some rough feelings of being really rejected.  I think things are coming around, what I would ask is that if everyone wants people to get along, lets try not to throw people under the bus that have obviously had some tough feelings here on the forum?  Hazard/Swag did create a very time intensive Star Head Guide for the Forums, that I truly feel deserved the title of thread of the year because it served an actual helpful purpose (congrats Hatty, nothing against you).

I get a joke, and I know this was a joke, but the timing was pretty inconsiderate considering some of the recent posts.

as for taking sides, I'm on side Edward.  That vampire or Warewolf is probably a sexy guy I think.

Correction: Percy started it :)

However, not everyone is going to like everyone. That simply isnt possible.

Not true. You haven't met me yet. I'm a breaker of all laws of friendship. Lover and Loved by all. Even those who hate me simply hate me for how much they love me. It's tough walking my path.

Who cares if someone on the internet doesnt like you?!

I've never had that problem. I'm loved by all, just like Scaler.
  • Upvote 1

I'm going to make sure I have a voice in this and quickly say that everyone on this forum is a very strange person, myself included.

Then leave already, Member of 2013(?).

Remember that part about not adding fuel to the flames? That is like seven gallons of gasoline spraying everywhere, not a fun time for anyone.

• Upvote 1

All things aside, I would gladly join forces to fight for Pocket, and Mods everywhere.

Also, would I be considered a newcomer? I feel that there have been 2 "waves" of new members. I came around in the "pre" to "early" BBT times, while a whole bunch of members seem to be coming around now. Plus I followed the forums and stuff since the announcement of BBT, just not making an account 'till around when the game actually came out.