Sign in to follow this  
MeltedCow

Where's The Variety?

I got castle crashers to celebrate Christmas.

I have to say, I am a little disappointed when it comes to the fact there is pretty much no variety whenever people pick characters on multiplayer.

Translation: THE ONLY CHARACTERS PEOPLE PICK ARE BLUE KNIGHT, RED KNIGHT, AND INDUSTRIALIST.

Come on people, at least try to pick something new. Oh wait, they did: the fencer.

Seriously.

I currently play as hatty and Conehead-two characters I unfortunately don't see often.

I don't mean to point fingers at people, but guides all around the net state that the RKN, BKN, Industrialist, and Fencer are probably to blame.

To anyone out there trying out "different" characters, I salute you.

Thank you for your time.

EDIT: Green Knight was my first, because hey, Master Chief is green, and honestly, who doesn't like being the only one that can control poison? ( plus I heard that he is Dan P's favorite character.)

Edited by MeltedCow

I play as different people quite often. Unless it's Insane Mode, then I use my Level 70 Gray Knight.

My first playthrough I did red.

Now I use orange mostly on the steam version, I used Pink on PS3 and I used Hatty on Xbax.

Now I use orange mostly on the steam version, I used Pink on PS3 and I used Hatty on Xbax.

I'm jealous of your signature's dragon.

Then you look at mine and realize why.

I've beaten Insane with Blue Knight, Red Knight, Industrialist, and Fencer. Problem?

Haha, but I've also beaten it with many others. And I "main" Pink Knight and if not him then Saracen or Conehead.

Green knight > everything

I always thought he was the black sheep of the four knights. I mean, he's the only character who doesn't do the hurricane sword thing when spamming Y button, and his attack is... gas?

Plus, his only weapon with his attribute is a DLC weapon, which is sort of a bummer because all the other knights have elemental damage to their side.

I'm jealous of your signature's dragon.

Then you look at mine and realize why.

I'm sorry for your loss :C

My go-to guy is The Green Knight, mainly because I prefer green as a color, poison is a cool magic type and he is literally the most unique out of all the characters in the game (He's the only one with different combos patterns!).

But really now, if I'm actually trying to get ish done, The Red Knight, he's just so blatantly overpowered.

But yeah, for fun it's only ever Green Knight, Pink Knight, King or Bear... or at least it was until my save deleted itself.. silly Castle Crashers

I currently only play Pink Knight and Brute. Don't count on me not playing Red/Blue Knight and Industrialist at some point though.

Guys how op would green knight be if he had normal melee?

Actually, he wouldn't be that different...

Besides, he is the only truly unique character... Besides hatty

But... The Industrialist looks cool.

Why thank you for the compliment. I am quite flattered, but in all seriousness the character you choose doesn't matter much anyway, magic is really only useful for bosses and Fencer and Industrialist both have great magic for killing bosses, and Blue and Red Knight have magic that is useful outside bosses so that's a smart choice too. It's just preference I don't see the reason to fuss.

• Upvote 1

I play as the blue knight because I like his playing style. He's also the highest level one that I have, but I like being able to freeze bosses to take a moment to relax.

who needs varietee wen u got swag??

I don't really see how this is an issue, the point of selecting your character is to be able to choose whatever you want--even if everyone else chooses that same character. Most people choose the Red Knight and Industrialist because they have easy boss-killing magic. I don't like when people fight over them--that's annoying, but if they can handle the character well then they're good on my terms.

People just pick them because they think they're really good.

Most of the time, though, they die first. Those guys barely even use their magic too. Pointless. Utterly pointless.

My go to guys are green knight, Saracen, bear, and the last guy varies.

I rock the joint as ye olde Alien Hominid. AH inability to switch weapons is a bit of a downer, though, considering he was a jack of all trades in his original game. At the end of the day though, I don't think CC was ever meant to be Street Fighter IV-XYZ Verses Alpha level of depth, what with counting of frame rates and all. Best memories of Castle Crashers was just playing with some friends. Good times.

Guys how op would green knight be if he had normal melee?

Actually, he wouldn't be that different...

Besides, he is the only truly unique character... Besides hatty

x3 DoT goes a long way. He would make orange knight look so bad

People play the game way to serious sometimes, in the wrong times. When playing with someone online you CAN pick a "bad character" and don't make fun of people for picking "bad characters." This is kind of annoying, because sometimes I just want to play for fun, not trying to beat the world record for fastest completion, and get "yelled" at for that.