This thread is about your experiences with the forums. How did you find out about the forums? What was your first topic? How have you improved as a member? Are you enjoying it so far and so fourth. Here are my experiences.

While searching for how to unlock star heads on google I found this website. It was a couple or more days after the Battle Block Theater beta just closed. I started to check the blog every day for new star heads. I knew there was a forums, but I didn't know what it was. I was and still am new to gaming websites, because I'm usually a console gamer and I never play on Steam, go on gaming websites, or other similarities. One day I looked on the forums and found out that it was a place to share thoughts on the game. I checked it once in a while to see what people had to say or for new info on The Behemoth games. Since I started checking the blog every day, and I started going on the forums a lot, I decided to make an account so I can talk on the forums too. It was and still is fun talking to some of the people here, and I was happy that no one disliked me, because I noticed that a lot of people really hate newcomers.

It took along time before making my first topic, because I wanted it to be perfect and well thought out. I also wanted it to be a topic where people can share there opinions, not some trading topic or something that didn't make sense. This is what I came up with ->http://forums.thebehemoth.com/index.php?/topic/16219-what-will-happen-when-all-star-heads-have-been-released/ To some people, it may not seem that many people replied, but to me I was happy that those few people took the time to share there thoughts. I was also happy that no one argued.

Since then, nothing really exciting happened and now I'm just a regular member. I come on for a little every day to talk on the forums and check the blog.

I made this topic because I noticed the lack of topics that share people opinions and thoughts, rather then trading and arguments. I am very interested on how you joined and your experiences.

Edited by gman5326
  • Upvote 1

also was one your first posts on the unreleased head in the trailer thing?

Ya, that was the either the first or second thing I ever posted on. :)

What I am about to say is from a game that had a hacker with all heads unreleased and released

I don't remember what heads he had but i have bad memory so....

here are my guesses (i looked at his head list and he said i had ten seconds)

i barely remembered what the heads were, but they might release:

• Theif head
  • Snakey
  • Heart
  • Spike
  • Rammy (remember this was like before Thanksgiving he gave me the info)

thats all I could think of, oh and cola might come later on

i know alot about battleblock theater, but i'm not that good at it

~superBRADY777

Edited by superBRADY777

What I am about to say is from a game that had a hacker with all heads unreleased and released

I don't remember what heads he had but i have bad memory so....

here are my guesses (i looked at his head list and he said i had ten seconds)

i barely remembered what the heads were, but they might release:

• Theif head
  • Snakey
  • Heart
  • Spike
  • Rammy (remember this was like before Thanksgiving he gave me the info)

thats all I could think of, oh and cola might come later on

i know alot about battleblock theater, but i'm not that good at it

~superBRADY777

The cola head is fake, it doesn't exist; and I think the snakey head was proven fake to, but I might be wrong.

Also lets try not to derail this. If you want to share your experiences superBRADY that would be great, but this isn't about hackers.

Well the reason I came here in the first place was to beg for star heads...

There's another forum I go on regularly, actually more than this forum. I don't post as much on there though, and most of the people over there are idiots. Still though, that game has had a big impact on my life so I can't really leave it.

I visit here far too much, if you look at my profile a bit you can see that I joined at the beginning of June and have made over 3,000 posts in that time, which I know breaks some sort of record on this forum...

There was a point sometime in September when I got bored of this forum and didn't go on it for a good week, I came back obviously and have visited this forum multiple times every day since. I don't really plan to ever leave here.

I come on here to discuss all sorts of crap, whether it be telling people off for double-posting or sharing my deepest opinions on homosexuality, or it could just be something useless like typing in a number on the latest page of Users vs Mods v2.0. As of lately I have made three dead serious cries out for help in Serioustown and I'm grateful for all the help I was given. Everything has been running smoothly since even though I've pulled a Gamefemale to anyone who visits my profile...

I remember back when I first joined and I thought that James had a phenomenal amount of posts compared to anyone else on the forums. Oh how wrong I was. I also remember some of those people who have died off recently, some I must say I'm surprised at for leaving. It makes me kinda sad when people leave, especially those who I was good friends with.

So uh, kudos to all that have managed to cope with my ceaseless whining and the sheer obnoxiousness I have plagued this forum with since I joined... bet none of you expected me to still be here, most people die off fairly quickly...

• Upvote 1

I joined after playing Alien Hominid at a friends house, called a bunch of people buttfaces, got called a buttface, almost got banned, got kind of banned, un-banned, the site banned me, and now im back calling people buttfaces.

• Upvote 4

Well the reason I came here in the first place was to beg for star heads...

There's another forum I go on regularly, actually more than this forum. I don't post as much on there though, and most of the people over there are idiots. Still though, that game has had a big impact on my life so I can't really leave it.

I visit here far too much, if you look at my profile a bit you can see that I joined at the beginning of June and have made over 3,000 posts in that time, which I know breaks some sort of record on this forum...

There was a point sometime in September when I got bored of this forum and didn't go on it for a good week, I came back obviously and have visited this forum multiple times every day since. I don't really plan to ever leave here.

I come on here to discuss all sorts of crap, whether it be telling people off for double-posting or sharing my deepest opinions on homosexuality, or it could just be something useless like typing in a number on the latest page of Users vs Mods v2.0. As of lately I have made three dead serious cries out for help in Serioustown and I'm grateful for all the help I was given. Everything has been running smoothly since even though I've pulled a Gamefemale to anyone who visits my profile...

I remember back when I first joined and I thought that James had a phenomenal amount of posts compared to anyone else on the forums. Oh how wrong I was. I also remember some of those people who have died off recently, some I must say I'm surprised at for leaving. It makes me kinda sad when people leave, especially those who I was good friends with.

So uh, kudos to all that have managed to cope with my ceaseless whining and the sheer obnoxiousness I have plagued this forum with since I joined... bet none of you expected me to still be here, most people die off fairly quickly...

berneydidnotread.gif?1318992465

On topic: The first time I signed up here was for the Battleblock Theater Beta but then I decided to go on the forums and check it out. I got in trouble a few times because of inappropriate stuff but overall I had a good experience. And now here we are, discussing our experiences.

I read it.

Also that guy looks like he just seen Brian return to Family Guy. lol

• Upvote 1

I joined after playing Alien Hominid at a friends house, called a bunch of people buttfaces, got called a buttface, almost got banned, got kind of banned, un-banned, the site banned me, and now im back calling people buttfaces.

Your story...It touched my heart...and other places...

• Upvote 3

I first joined after watching some trailers for BBT and hearing about the beta, which I got to participate in, I haven't played that game in a while, but I used to play it day in and out, learning all sorts of tricks and then after a couple days when I bought the game I kinda just stopped playing because I have played so much already. My experiences on the forums has been a decent one, with people trolling and not really thinking before they type, I haven't really had much of a bad experience besides that, so it's pretty good. The community as a whole seems alright, can't really judge everyone because of a few bad apples. 

• Upvote 2

I first joined after watching some trailers for BBT and hearing about the beta, which I got to participate in, I haven't played that game in a while, but I used to play it day in and out, learning all sorts of tricks and then after a couple days when I bought the game I kinda just stopped playing because I have played so much already. My experiences on the forums has been a decent one, with people trolling and not really thinking before they type, I haven't really had much of a bad experience besides that, so it's pretty good. The community as a whole seems alright, can't really judge everyone because of a few bad apples. 

I agree with you on the last part. I also always think and spell check before I type, and I have been called a "Grammar Nazi" because of it. I don't mind that, I'm actually pretty proud of it and I find it funny. I never correct people though, because I find that strait up annoying when people do that.

• Upvote 2

I played Castle Crashers on Steam about a year ago (I didn't have a 360 until BBT was released). I really wanted to talk about it with someone and I found this place. Then, I found the trailers for BBT and I became hyped about that too. Even though I don't post much, I still stop by and look at stuff. :>

• Upvote 1

This is a pretty neat idea for a thread, Gman  :-D

Anyways, I discovered these forums back in 2008, after playing the Castle Crashers trial on XBLA. I wanted people's opinions on the game, and this place seemed like the perfect place to ask. A week later, I bought the game and became a somewhat regular user here.

My early posts make for some pretty cringe-y reading, though (I was only about 15 at the time). I didn't make many topics, but the few that became popular stayed that way for a while. I kept out of trouble and just enjoyed myself. It was the first time I'd gotten properly involved with an online community like this, with my only other experiences at the time being IMVU and GaiaOnline (both of which I frequented before they hit the 'mainstream' audience they attract today).

After a few months, and a little inspiration from some of the users who posted at the time, I started making signatures and fan-art for other users here. It was a fun little hobby, and probably one of the reasons I still make and post stuff on my deviantART today. Before I knew it, it was already Summer 2009, and I'd been active for almost a year. I'd won the very first 'User of the Year' award and had become the first to gain the title of 'Ultra Member'. By this time, my posts had become fewer and less silly. I also began adding people on Steam (which I had not long started using), and talking to them outside of the forums. I generally got along with people here and just wanted them to enjoy their time here as much as I was.  :-)

A year later (sometime, I don't really remember), I became a forum moderator. By this point, everyone had seen a lot of users appear and disappear. A lot of stuff happened. Becoming a moderator was a little of a surprise too, at first. It meant taking more of a back-seat to the forums than I had done previously. I didn't mind, though; it fit my increasingly busy lifestyle pretty well.

All was good, for a while. But then, during early 2011, I began posting much less regularly than before as my education became my #1 priority. I began University later that year and, because of it, eventually stopped posting altogether (but I still kept contact with a few members over Steam)

Blah blah blah, long story short: I decided to come back during early 2013. Since then I've been active pretty much every day again. I love it here, and its all thanks to you beautiful people.  :arrow:

EDIT

Oh, and I had a couple of brief stints over at Bungie.net and the Guitar Hero Community. But they weren't nearly as fun or engaging as my experience here 

Edited by Chris
  • Upvote 2

I discovered these forums during the Summer, I just got my Xbox back in Spring (alwayslate2party) and the only game I regularly played was BBT, basically I didn't know much about the game other than the few trailers. Previously in my life I owned a Ps3 with CastleCrashers on it so I knew the work of Behemoth. Since I had previously owned a Behemoth game I was like "THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOME." So I played BBT for a few months then got on my phone and looked up Honeyhug theories because I felt like it. I ended up finding a thread here and started stalking as a guest, eventually I joined here on my Xbox.

Like all the cool kids I joined the forum to beg for star heads, and luckily for me, Fossa was around may he rest in pieces.  So I eventually got all the star heads at the time and did a lot of arenas and helped people do Furbottom's, then in September or so I had to sell my Xbax and I don't have it back yet. I bought a wii u.  So I stopped begging.

I only really come back because you guys are nice and pretty. I want to leave but I doubt it will happen due to the fact that I have nothing better to do. I want to thank my mother for spending 400 dollars, myself for buying a great game, my 6th period teacher for letting me get on the forums that she didn't know about, and my neighbors for letting me steal their poopy internet.

there's something else BBT did for me but I'm not sure if I'll share it yet... someday...

Edited by Ultanoka
  • Upvote 4

I actually joined not for star head begging, but for the exact opposite reason. I wanted to stop re-releases, but that really didn't work out too well. Before I joined the forums I often checked the BBT website to see star head releases for a few months, and when I saw they were re-releasing I got angry. I don't really know why I was angry, I don't have anger problems or anything like that, it was stupid of me and I've changed for the better. I am a changed man from experiencing these wonderfulmostlytimes on the forums. 

​So yeah, there is my speech and stuff.

• Upvote 1

In the summer of '69 2010, I impulse bought Castle Crashers after my sister's boyfriend (now brother-in-law) recommended it to me (I think this was the same week I played Dead Rising for the first time, good week). Upon starting it up, I saw The Behemoth logo and realized "Woah, these are the same guys who made that awesome Gamecube game I have" and as I do with every game company I love, I go to their website because hell, that's what I like to do. Noticed stuff about something called Battleblock Theater and wanted to see the community discussions to learn more. At the time, I believe the majority of the forums were locked if you weren't logged in, so I made an account and lived in the forum games section like every new member (it seemed to be far less of a thing to be judged for at the time, or maybe I was just naive).

Anyway, after BBT got delayed for like the 12th hundred time 90% of the members left, as I eventually did, in 2011. Then I came back very early 2013 and have been here since, pissing people off and secretly gaining more and more over the forums until one day I will turn it into a virtual brothel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kBh11zhjxg&list=PLuwOO7jn4Z5LOpQomurdIQNS3cJhcM2lz

• Upvote 1

I don't even know why I joined. Probably something due to my XBL craze back in 2009. Nowadays, it's just fun to talk to other people about games I like.

• Upvote 1

So yeah, guess I have quite the story to tell. 

Chapter 1, the Castlepedia

My story starts in 2009, 2 years before I joined the forums. In 2009, castle crashers was announced for PS3,  at the time I had played castle crashers once at a friend's place and I had quite enjoyed it but I'd rather play on my ps3 then have to get my xbox fixed (RROD) so after reading the announcement I decided to see what the game was actually about. What better way then to check out the wiki, right? Well, it was actually quite a mess. Being the way I am, I felt the need to clean the thing up and make it actually readable. By the time Castle Crashers launched on PS3, the castlepedia community was at it's peak and the behemoth themselves came to check up on the wiki from time to time.

Seeing as how by then I had rewritten and cleaned up almost the entire wiki it wasn't too hard to get noticed. A couple months after joining the wiki, I was made an honor member. A title only given to those who had shown tremendous effort for the well being of the wiki yadda yadda yadda. 
I was the 2nd member to have ever gotten that title. A few months passed and the community on the wiki had already left and in 2010 there were basically just 2 members left. Me and Zarlighttusk, a moderator on the wiki. We had effectively cleaned up the entire forum and there was nothing else to do. So we left. 

I hadn't visited the wiki for a couple of months after that until I got an e-mail from the member BFG, he was the only other member to have gotten the title of honor member. After I had left, everything had gone to hell. Spambots reigned and the forum was a mess again. Everything I had done, seemed in vain. Except for one thing, I had been made an admin by emil. By giving me those powers (and later to BFG too) we were able to clean it up real fast again. Just me and him and again the behemoth took notice. This time we got free BBT shirts a few months before the shirts were even available for purchase. BFG and I were quite happy and he told me he had posted on the forum about it. By this time I had already seen something about the forum but I never really visited the place. So I was curious. 

Chapter 2, the early days

I joined the forum in 2011, and boy oh boy this was an entirely different experience than trying to fight spambots. These were people. 
It didn't take long for me to discover the forum games, a noob's paradise, and the off-topic area. I preferred to lurk though, I barely posted and when I did it usually went unnoticed. However there were of course exceptions to that rule, because to my delight I found out about this topic.
There were people, other people, discussing about things I was involved in. Naturally I joined the discussions and from time to time we'd actually do something productive.

But then, things took a turn for the worse. Remember those spambots I was talking about? Well, the number increased dramatically. To the point where BFG and I spent up to 5 hours on a daily basis just deleting spam. However in the time that it took us to delete 10 spam pages/profiles, 50 more would have been created. This rate kept increasing until we literally broke down. We did the math, and in january 2012 we estimated the average spam created was 110 pages/profiles per second. PER SECOND. So we sought for other solutions. In the end, there were none.
We had to close up shop, no more entries were allowed. Why did these spambots single us out? There were theories, the most popular was that the axe-crazy founder of the old rivaling wiki had stopped focusing on banning everyone from his own wiki and decided to go on the offensive. But that's an entire different story. We had to focus on making sure that one day we'd be able to open it up again. This never happened.

By then it was summer 2012 and I was tired. Tired of the forums, tired of the wiki, tired of everything behemoth. So I went on hiatus, one of the last things I did though was applying for becoming a mod. I didn't think I would be chosen at all, so december brought a nice little surprise for me.

Chapter 3, Koen the moderator

December 29th 2012. That's a date I wont forget anytime soon. I had visited from time to time after I left, but barely ever posted. Only when absolutely necessary. I mostly visited due to the steam release of Castle Crashers but that was just temporary. However on the 29th me and my friend were playing castle crashers on steam when I felt sentimental. So I went back once more and to my surprise I had an unread message from megan. It read: "Moderating Forums" I'm quite sure I don't need to explain what that message was for. In februari 2013, just before the BBT Beta, I became the newest addition to the moderating team. Since I was the newest member I had to learn the ropes, I made some mistakes in the beginning but I got used to the routine pretty fast. 

Around that time the behemoth skype group was created. In the beginning it was just T Diamond, Pocket, Mr. Hatty, Roy-G-Biv, Chris and me, with the additions of goldenghost, dustrialknight, daikonboy, scaler, scarabix, vinchenzo, true, yugo and tuuka it didn't take long for us to become a good group of friends. This spawned the Chuckola Youtube Collab as well.

So I gained a bunch of new friends, the beta came along and so did the BBT game. With the release of BBT, I got to reveal the "secret" project I had been working on since march. The battlepedia, a new and fresh wiki. It stayed spam free until the second day after it's official release, spambots were at it again but this time we had the technology to limit the spam to just profile pages. 

So yeah, I devoted quite an amount of time to BBT and seeing the game succeed brought me quite some pride. Seeing a bunch of new forum members join, and some of the beta testers return was also a lot of fun. 
Sadly I don't have that much with them in common, but I enjoy seeing them having so much fun with BBT.
Since the release of BBT, not that much has happened. People joined, people left. In the end, the busy days after the release of bbt came to a halt and the forum returned to it's normal pace, and that is where we are at now.

I'm sure there will be more great experiences to come, and I'm definitively going to be here to enjoy them. But for now, I think this is about it.

• Upvote 4

So yeah, guess I have quite the story to tell. 

Chapter 1, the Castlepedia

My story starts in 2009, 2 years before I joined the forums. In 2009, castle crashers was announced for PS3,  at the time I had played castle crashers once at a friend's place and I had quite enjoyed it but I'd rather play on my ps3 then have to get my xbox fixed (RROD) so after reading the announcement I decided to see what the game was actually about. What better way then to check out the wiki, right? Well, it was actually quite a mess. Being the way I am, I felt the need to clean the thing up and make it actually readable. By the time Castle Crashers launched on PS3, the castlepedia community was at it's peak and the behemoth themselves came to check up on the wiki from time to time.

Seeing as how by then I had rewritten and cleaned up almost the entire wiki it wasn't too hard to get noticed. A couple months after joining the wiki, I was made an honor member. A title only given to those who had shown tremendous effort for the well being of the wiki yadda yadda yadda. 

I was the 2nd member to have ever gotten that title. A few months passed and the community on the wiki had already left and in 2010 there were basically just 2 members left. Me and Zarlighttusk, a moderator on the wiki. We had effectively cleaned up the entire forum and there was nothing else to do. So we left. 

I hadn't visited the wiki for a couple of months after that until I got an e-mail from the member BFG, he was the only other member to have gotten the title of honor member. After I had left, everything had gone to hell. Spambots reigned and the forum was a mess again. Everything I had done, seemed in vain. Except for one thing, I had been made an admin by emil. By giving me those powers (and later to BFG too) we were able to clean it up real fast again. Just me and him and again the behemoth took notice. This time we got free BBT shirts a few months before the shirts were even available for purchase. BFG and I were quite happy and he told me he had posted on the forum about it. By this time I had already seen something about the forum but I never really visited the place. So I was curious. 

Chapter 2, the early days

I joined the forum in 2011, and boy oh boy this was an entirely different experience than trying to fight spambots. These were people. 

It didn't take long for me to discover the forum games, a noob's paradise, and the off-topic area. I preferred to lurk though, I barely posted and when I did it usually went unnoticed. However there were of course exceptions to that rule, because to my delight I found out about this topic.

There were people, other people, discussing about things I was involved in. Naturally I joined the discussions and from time to time we'd actually do something productive.

But then, things took a turn for the worse. Remember those spambots I was talking about? Well, the number increased dramatically. To the point where BFG and I spent up to 5 hours on a daily basis just deleting spam. However in the time that it took us to delete 10 spam pages/profiles, 50 more would have been created. This rate kept increasing until we literally broke down. We did the math, and in january 2012 we estimated the average spam created was 110 pages/profiles per second. PER SECOND. So we sought for other solutions. In the end, there were none.

We had to close up shop, no more entries were allowed. Why did these spambots single us out? There were theories, the most popular was that the axe-crazy founder of the old rivaling wiki had stopped focusing on banning everyone from his own wiki and decided to go on the offensive. But that's an entire different story. We had to focus on making sure that one day we'd be able to open it up again. This never happened.

By then it was summer 2012 and I was tired. Tired of the forums, tired of the wiki, tired of everything behemoth. So I went on hiatus, one of the last things I did though was applying for becoming a mod. I didn't think I would be chosen at all, so december brought a nice little surprise for me.

Chapter 3, Koen the moderator

December 29th 2012. That's a date I wont forget anytime soon. I had visited from time to time after I left, but barely ever posted. Only when absolutely necessary. I mostly visited due to the steam release of Castle Crashers but that was just temporary. However on the 29th me and my friend were playing castle crashers on steam when I felt sentimental. So I went back once more and to my surprise I had an unread message from megan. It read: "Moderating Forums" I'm quite sure I don't need to explain what that message was for. In februari 2013, just before the BBT Beta, I became the newest addition to the moderating team. Since I was the newest member I had to learn the ropes, I made some mistakes in the beginning but I got used to the routine pretty fast. 

Around that time the behemoth skype group was created. In the beginning it was just T Diamond, Pocket, Mr. Hatty, Roy-G-Biv, Chris and me, with the additions of goldenghost, dustrialknight, daikonboy, scaler, scarabix, vinchenzo, true, yugo and tuuka it didn't take long for us to become a good group of friends. This spawned the Chuckola Youtube Collab as well.

So I gained a bunch of new friends, the beta came along and so did the BBT game. With the release of BBT, I got to reveal the "secret" project I had been working on since march. The battlepedia, a new and fresh wiki. It stayed spam free until the second day after it's official release, spambots were at it again but this time we had the technology to limit the spam to just profile pages. 

So yeah, I devoted quite an amount of time to BBT and seeing the game succeed brought me quite some pride. Seeing a bunch of new forum members join, and some of the beta testers return was also a lot of fun. 

Sadly I don't have that much with them in common, but I enjoy seeing them having so much fun with BBT.

Since the release of BBT, not that much has happened. People joined, people left. In the end, the busy days after the release of bbt came to a halt and the forum returned to it's normal pace, and that is where we are at now.

I'm sure there will be more great experiences to come, and I'm definitively going to be here to enjoy them. But for now, I think this is about it.

I had no idea you had that much involvement in CastlePedia and the wiki and what not. You did a really good job. :)

Edited by gman5326