BalrogSlayer00

Battleblock Theater Issues

I beat the story mode, but I want to go back to it, for some reason when I open the game the screen is black with the options, when I click the story it says: the playlist appears to be damaged or missing and cannot be loaded. I don't want to reinstall because I may lose my progress. What do I do?

Guest benthebehemoth

I beat the story mode, but I want to go back to it, for some reason when I open the game the screen is black with the options, when I click the story it says: the playlist appears to be damaged or missing and cannot be loaded. I don't want to reinstall because I may lose my progress. What do I do?

It sounds like the game data itself has somehow become corrupted, so I would suggest re-installing the game.  You'll keep your save data so long as you've been playing the campaign over Xbox Live this entire time.  However, if you've played the campaign offline for any chunk of time, you may want to sign into Xbox Live for a bit just to give your save data a chance to sync to the cloud (though if your save data is also corrupt, this won't really help.  Won't hurt to try it though!)

As Minecraft mentioned, it's possible that your save data became corrupted if you turned off your console while the game was saving.  In that case, once you've reinstalled BBT, your save data might be gone for good...:(.

I spent literally about 50 hours making a new solo adventure playlist for my friend to play. I proceeded to upload the playlist, the game told me the upload was successful, but when i searched for it in the community theater, it isn't there! I know i should've backed it up, that part's on me, but it should've worked. I read that once you uploaded it, it deletes the playlist from the level editing portion of your account, but i assumed that it would actually upload. Is everything deleted? Or  does it just take a REALLY long time to show up in the new level community theater?

I really hope you guys can tell me good news so i can stop crying over this. 

I spent literally about 50 hours making a new solo adventure playlist for my friend to play. I proceeded to upload the playlist, the game told me the upload was successful, but when i searched for it in the community theater, it isn't there! I know i should've backed it up, that part's on me, but it should've worked. I read that once you uploaded it, it deletes the playlist from the level editing portion of your account, but i assumed that it would actually upload. Is everything deleted? Or  does it just take a REALLY long time to show up in the new level community theater?

I really hope you guys can tell me good news so i can stop crying over this. 

Wipe away those tears. This knowledgebase article should help:

http://www.thebehemoth.com/support/ticket/kb/faq.php?id=3

Let me know if you're still having issues after reading this article. :-D

When I try playing the new co op playlist for the barbarian I can't it keeps saying the battleblock theater service is not available please try again later. This may be because I used to play with my brother, but he stopped playing and I got xbox live on my account and not his and now we can't do the furbottoms feature.If I can't play it how will I get him.Can you give him me if I still can't play FF next week and can you plz change them to solo or co op.

When I try playing the new co op playlist for the barbarian I can't it keeps saying the battleblock theater service is not available please try again later. This may be because I used to play with my brother, but he stopped playing and I got xbox live on my account and not his and now we can't do the furbottoms feature.If I can't play it how will I get him.Can you give him me if I still can't play FF next week and can you plz change them to solo or co op.

Just play the solo feature if you can't get online to play coop.  Unless TB changed the setup you can unlock the head by beating solo as well.

• Upvote 1

Just play the solo feature if you can't get online to play coop.  Unless TB changed the setup you can unlock the head by beating solo as well.

No if I do solo it gets me to cecil Im trying to do barbarian, but like i stated before I can't. P.S HELP ME PLZ!!!!!!  :cry:

Edited by LoverOfBattleBlockTheater

No if I do solo it gets me to cecil Im trying to do barbarian, but like i stated before I can't. P.S HELP ME PLZ!!!!!!  :cry:

...Have you tried it today?

OHHH GOD I FEEL SO STUPID I DID THE CECIL PLAYLIST AND GOT THE BARBARIAN!!!!I DIDN'T KNOW THAT WORKS FOR A SECOND I THOUGHT IT WAS HACKS.THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH BACK UP SIDE KICK IM CRYING! :cry: i GIVE YOU ALL MY RESPECT! 8-)  8-)  8-)  8-)  8-)

Just play the solo feature if you can't get online to play coop. Unless TB changed the setup you can unlock the head by beating solo as well.
No if I do solo it gets me to cecil Im trying to do barbarian, but like i stated before I can't. P.S HELP ME PLZ!!!!!! :cry:
OHHH GOD I FEEL SO STUPID I DID THE CECIL PLAYLIST AND GOT THE BARBARIAN!!!!I DIDN'T KNOW THAT WORKS FOR A SECOND I THOUGHT IT WAS HACKS.THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH BACK UP SIDE KICK IM CRYING! :cry: i GIVE YOU ALL MY RESPECT! 8-)8-)8-)8-)8-)

Community helpin' community. Brings a tear to my eye. :'-D

In any case, the Co-op Feature should be back up now. You can go back and play it for the new levels, even though you've already earned the new Prisoner via L337 H4X.

me and my brother traded characters then my brother accidently turned it off because had his feet on it now i am missing siren and cecil can you give me back my characters i hate this game for taking my charcters

me and my brother traded characters then my brother accidently turned it off because had his feet on it now i am missing siren and cecil can you give me back my characters i hate this game for taking my charcters

I suggest asking a friend you know closely who has the game or a future friend on the forums willing yo give the star heads out.You couldn't really get them back because A.I don't think this is possible.(I could be wrong,but I am probably not)

B.You have no proof unless you have video proof of the trade.I suggest asking Fossa,though he is not really capable of giving a lot of people king heads,but he may be able to get you the siren head.As for me sorry,but I basically have only 1 star head of each except for a few.None of them are the ones you need right now.Sorry for the loss. :-( I would be  :x to bro,but let the hug of he behemoth and the community cheer you up.Good luck with the heads. ;-)

Edited by LoverOfBattleBlockTheater

I'm currently having an issue with my Steam version of Battleblock Theater. It started when I traded 5 gems for 0 gems with a friend I was playing with. As soon as the the trade was complete an error box showed up saying "BattleBlockTheater.exe has stopped working" and I had to close down Battlblock Theater. Now whenever I try to start up a game that error box pops up and I have to close down the program. What's weird is that if I disconnect from the internet it works fine but as soon as I connect to the internet while still having the game open the same error box pops up again and I have to close out of the program and then the problem starts all over again. If anyone has a solution to this issue it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking your time to read this. :)

I'm currently having an issue with my Steam version of Battleblock Theater. It started when I traded 5 gems for 0 gems with a friend I was playing with. As soon as the the trade was complete an error box showed up saying "BattleBlockTheater.exe has stopped working" and I had to close down Battlblock Theater. Now whenever I try to start up a game that error box pops up and I have to close down the program. What's weird is that if I disconnect from the internet it works fine but as soon as I connect to the internet while still having the game open the same error box pops up again and I have to close out of the program and then the problem starts all over again. If anyone has a solution to this issue it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking your time to read this. :)

I've fixed the problem, it's fine now!

Hello there! I spent the past three weeks working on a solo playlist that I intended to be featured in the Furbottom's Features community theater. Last night, after spending almost five hours straight finishing up the playlist, I submitted it, and after a few minutes it appeared in the Furbottom's Features community theater. My sister got on the XBOX at that point and left the game without saving, but I don't think / know if that had anything to do with my problem... to make a long story short the next time I got on the XBOX to check on my playlist and possibly even try it out myself, it was absolutely gone! It wasn't in "My Levels" (which I knew and expected would happen) but it also wasn't in either community theater and I can't find it at all, not even when I search for my playlist's name or playlists under my gamertag.... I was wondering if anyone knows what to do and if it's possible to retrieve my playlist at all!

I'm also wondering (and this question will probably sound really silly, but I've never been on a forum like this one before) how I can upload an avatar without using Gravatar. Thank you so much! nwn

Hello there! I spent the past three weeks working on a solo playlist that I intended to be featured in the Furbottom's Features community theater. Last night, after spending almost five hours straight finishing up the playlist, I submitted it, and after a few minutes it appeared in the Furbottom's Features community theater. My sister got on the XBOX at that point and left the game without saving, but I don't think / know if that had anything to do with my problem... to make a long story short the next time I got on the XBOX to check on my playlist and possibly even try it out myself, it was absolutely gone! It wasn't in "My Levels" (which I knew and expected would happen) but it also wasn't in either community theater and I can't find it at all, not even when I search for my playlist's name or playlists under my gamertag.... I was wondering if anyone knows what to do and if it's possible to retrieve my playlist at all!

I'm also wondering (and this question will probably sound really silly, but I've never been on a forum like this one before) how I can upload an avatar without using Gravatar. Thank you so much! nwn

Hi pea! What may have happened is several other community members reported your level as inappropriate, which would (temporarily) take the levels out of the community view. 

We review all the reported playlists for inappropriate content, and restore the ones that look fine, so you only need to worry if your level contains copyright infringement or inappropriate materials (excessive violence, naughty words, etc.)

Here is a bit more information about mysterious "disappearing playlists": 

As for your avatar, you will be able to change it once you have 3 or more posts that are approved by one of our moderators (this post is one of them!). So get to posting!

Hi pea! What may have happened is several other community members reported your level as inappropriate, which would (temporarily) take the levels out of the community view. 

We review all the reported playlists for inappropriate content, and restore the ones that look fine, so you only need to worry if your level contains copyright infringement or inappropriate materials (excessive violence, naughty words, etc.)

Here is a bit more information about mysterious "disappearing playlists": 

As for your avatar, you will be able to change it once you have 3 or more posts that are approved by one of our moderators (this post is one of them!). So get to posting!

Hi Lindsay! Thank you so much for your help - I really appreciate it a lot!! QvQ I'm a little worried about the copyright infringement part you mentioned - the playlist I created was based off of an actual play and the levels were named after the songs in it, so hopefully that won't be an issue... would that be something that couldn't get past the Behemoth staff?

Ahh I see! I'll get to posting then! :'D

37 minutes ago, Bkzfresh2def said:

Hey I have Xbox live and playing other games on live but battle block theater won't let me play online it keeps say disconnect

What parts of XBLA services are you trying to access? Some of them are unfortunately no longer available through the service: https://blog.thebehemoth.com/2018/06/05/big-changes-in-the-xbla-version-of-battleblock-theater/