Sign in to follow this  
Amir0fTheDesert

Favorite Album Of 2013?

Hey everyone,

After an (not-really) extensive search of the The Behemoth forums I didn't find a similar topic. So I have to know: What is everyone's favorite album of 2013? Maybe tell us a bit about your experiences, I'd love to discuss it and hear some different prospectives from across the musical spectrum. 

Please keep it cordial; Some individuals on music blogs get abusive and this seems like a pretty good environment. 

My favorite album's were

Nine Inch Nail's Hesitation Marks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8KM3_MWVcM

Kverltak's Meir (No full album post, my apologies)

Motorhead's Aftershock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7n1hI1OfpU

And props to Macklemore and Ryan Lewis' The Heist, even though it came out in 2012. I would have placed it as a favorite were I not late to the party on it. 

Happy 2014 All,

Amir0fTheDesert

• Upvote 1

My favorite album overall was probably the FEZ remix soundtrack (FZ: Sides F & Z). I also really enjoyed Anamanaguchi's Endless Fantasy album though.

• Upvote 1

Golden Ghost-I had to look up Anamanaguchi, to be honest. Supposedly part of a genre called "Bit Chip..." Is it entry level enough for this newb?

Chris-I have no idea why 13 got all the hate it received. Good things happen pretty much any time Iommi gets behind a guitar.

Bloob-I Am A God is my jam. Kanye West begrudgingly earns my respect.

• Upvote 1

Golden Ghost-I had to look up Anamanaguchi, to be honest. Supposedly part of a genre called "Bit Chip..." Is it entry level enough for this newb?

I'm not surprised you had to look it up, there aren't many people who recognize chiptune music.

"Entry level enough"... uh... well Anamanaguchi is the band that got me into chiptune, so yeah, I guess they're a good gateway into the genre. This is the song that got me hooked:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GItw1qZLdsU

Endless Fantasy wasn't as exclusive to chiptune as their previous albums, it still feels like Anamanaguchi but it sounds more electronic in a general sense. Anyways, enjoy!

Edited by GoldenGhost
  • Upvote 1

I'm not surprised you had to look it up, there aren't many people who recognize chiptune music.

"Entry level enough"... uh... well Anamanaguchi is the band that got me into chiptune, so yeah, I guess they're a good gateway into the genre. This is the song that got me hooked:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GItw1qZLdsU

Endless Fantasy wasn't as exclusive to chiptune than their previous albums, it still feels like Anamanaguchi but it sounds more electronic in a general sense. Anyways, enjoy!

The only reason I know of Anamanaguchi is because the Scott Pilgrim game.

Starbomb. Starbomb may be short but it was incredible.

...Though SB is my 2nd favorite.

My FAVORITE ALBUM is Minecraft Volume Beta.

I saw your comment on the Audiosurf Video :P

I don't listen to much music nor know many albums so... yeah.. ._.

I guess favorite music this year would be from the game Starbound, because beautiful.

The fact that I'm doing this on a MacBook and haven't mastered the Quoting option here means I'm going to continue using the name/response approach.

Bloob-Gave Yeezus another listen. If Godflesh made a rap album and trolled everyone, it would be Yeezus. That's a huge compliment.

GoldenGhost-It makes sense that someone out there would take 8-Bit and make full fledge compositions. All a lot of the NES "scores," if you will, were super-catchy. People non-ironically sample games like Pokemon and what-not and I can see why. 

thatpikminguy-I'm actually listening to everyone's selection and this is why. The Starbomb album is legit. And a lot less kitschy then it could have been, someone who's actually into rap could really respect it. The Minecraft Beta album was lulling me to sleep, which says volumes how enveloping is.

Ultanoka- Even if you don't have a pick for album of the year, we still love you. Hard to determine a definitive music piece in the parameters of a earth/sun rotation anyways. Starbound is a loose follow-up to Terrerria, yeah? That game had (next to Second Sight and a few others) some of my favorite video game music ever.