GoldenGhost

Mother 4

m4logoph9.jpg

Yes it's real.

Yes it's fan-made.

Yes it's free.

Yes it's coming out Winter 2014.

Yes the soundtrack is awesome.

Yes there will be characters from past Mother games.

Yes you need to change your pants.

DISCUSS.

Edited by GoldenGhost
  • Upvote 2

Heard about this way back when it was first announced. The creator is interested in how this does, right?

So far it looks rad.

Oh yeah! I heard about this a few years ago. I'll give it a shot! It's kind of funny because I've been replaying Mother 3 recently.

Edited by KirbyWindWaker

I love that half of the crap that gets brought up because of me in the Skype chat ends up as a thread these days.  It's like deja vu every time I come on here.

Well... I kinda brought this up in the chat... I'm looking at it right now... but yeah, I want more people talking about this than just you and me. So here we are.

Anyways I'm not sure what the creator of Mother/Earthbound thinks of this, but he was cool with the fan translation of Mother 3, and I remember him saying something once about how he'd be less excited to make a Mother 4 than he would be to enjoy Mother 4 as an audience member, so this might be just what he wants.

Edited by GoldenGhost

I love that half of the crap that gets brought up because of me in the Skype chat ends up as a thread these days.  It's like deja vu every time I come on here.

Well... I kinda brought this up in the chat... I'm looking at it right now... but yeah, I want more people talking about this than just you and me. So here we are.

Anyways I'm not sure what the creator of Mother/Earthbound thinks of this, but he was cool with the fan translation of Mother 3, and I remember him saying something once about how he'd be less excited to make a Mother 4 than he would be to enjoy Mother 4 as an audience member, so this might be just what he wants.

Yeah, but because of my nonsense rambling about it being cancelled, that prompted you to look it up to hopefully prove me wrong. 

We can all assume you will be playing this for ChuckolaComms, riiiiiiight???

Looking at the screenshots of the game I saw some mechanics that were being carried over from the past games such as the hint box guy or whatever his name was from earthbound, the teddy bear, and the rambling' evil mushroom. I don't know if it's actually canceled or not it seems like it's still going it's just that it's not really being updated from when I looked at the website a month ago.

Decided to bump this thread because of news that the game is being postponed to some time in 2015, they said they will post a specific date sometime in the month.

Many know this project started over five years ago, but most don’t know how many times the project has been reworked and rewritten. Mother 4, in its current form, has only existed for about two years.

These past 5 years have allowed team members like Dave, our lead developer, to create some amazing modules for the Mother 4 engine. The battle background module, for instance, is incredible.

F1oujJg.gif Zf7OgPA.gif oVlfFRW.gif

What isn’t great, despite how much the quality has increased, is how much further behind schedule we’ve become than we realized. Yet, as Mother fans, we will only be satisfied with the highest quality of work. That has led us here. Today, we’re announcing that Mother 4 will be released in 2015. In a few weeks, we’ll post a specific release day. There’s even more news, however.

• NEW CONTENT! New screenshots, new music, new copy… there’s quite a bit to go through so visit the Mother 4 homepage if you’d like.
  • In the meantime, we’ll be posting a new video december of some of the gameplay.

This sounds quite interesting.

And I'm bringing this thread back, baby!  Nobody bothered to post this.

Look at that gameplay.  Those songs.  It's all SO beautiful.

Not so beautiful...that summer release date.  Oh well, I can wait.  BUT, it just looks so glorious.

• Upvote 3

Yeah, I totally knew this thread existed... ;-)

I thought nobody cared, seeing as practically nobody I know cares, but the hype is real. Okay, I'm fine with this...

I thought nobody cared

Seriously, though, I've been uber hyped for this game since it was announced.  I've actually woken up in the middle of the night thinking that the game launched and I didn't receive the email about it.  Multiple times.

Needless to say, I'm excited.

Yeah, I totally knew this thread existed... ;-)

I thought nobody cared, seeing as practically nobody I know cares, but the hype is real. Okay, I'm fine with this...

What are you talking about.

Almost everyone who's been on this thread cares.

All... 4-ish of us.

• Upvote 1

I love the fact that this is going to be a thing.

I don't care about the stupid fluctuating release date, they've captured the whimsy so well that I can wait :-D

Update on how the game is going currently:

Mjcx91m.gif

I know, it's just that nobody has really said anything so I thought it would be worth mentioning.

Edit: OH GOD I THINK I BROKE THE FORUMS AGAIN PLEASE HELP ME

Edited by Chris
fixing thread
  • Upvote 1

Update on how the game is going currently:

Mjcx91m.gif

I know, it's just that nobody has really said anything so I thought it would be worth mentioning.

Edit: OH GOD I THINK I BROKE THE FORUMS AGAIN PLEASE HELP ME

You should change your name to ICPM4 once this game comes out.  Also, why do you have to break the forums  ;( Edited by Chris
fixing thread

Hey, uh, mods? Can you fix it maybe? If not that's cool

Also kinda excited for Mother 4 all over again. I have yet to finish Earthbound or Mother 3 yet but ah well

Hey, uh, mods? Can you fix it maybe? If not that's cool

Also kinda excited for Mother 4 all over again. I have yet to finish Earthbound or Mother 3 yet but ah well

Do yourself a favor and play Mother 3. It's well worth it.

GRAAAAANT, I NEED BACKUP!

Yo guys don't worry, we fixed the thread

I have yet to finish Earthbound or Mother 3 yet but ah well

JUST
jPh5ArH.jpg
DO IT

They are fantastic games and there is no reason to not finish them!!!

• Upvote 1