Behemoth_Erin

[1/31/2014] It's Actually About A Teleporting Labrador.

Hello friends!

We've been hiding this one under Hatty's hat for quite a while now, waiting for just the right time to put it up on the Feature Pedestal. Problem is, the playlist is oozing some kind of STUFF, and we're not sure if it's the sap of creativity or madness jelly. Either way, it's starting to get all over the place. so, up it goes!

...we may need to buy a new Feature Pedestal.

Solo Feature:

Portal Lab by whydavid

portal1.jpg

I'm going to be blunt: this may be the toughest playlist we've given honors to. Like us, you too may find yourself calling out, "whydavid?!" This is a natural reaction. And while we understand the risks, we were also concerned that it might be an actual crime against theater if we'd failed to give this playlist Furbottom's stamp of approval. Like, the police would come and everything, only they'd be tap-dancing and twirling their little batons. 

So instead we went with Portal Lab. 

portal2.jpg

For the most part, each level of Portal Lab is an exploration of one particular block type. Teleporters, Moveable Blocks, Ferdinands... each gets their moment to do something new and unexpected, to surprise even the most jaded performer.

But the real genius here is that whydavid isn't pushing these block mechanics to their limits: every challenge and puzzle makes a real effort to play upon your expectations while still guiding you to victory. And while victory here means more gems and a new prisoner, you'll also unlock the strong suspicion that you are, in fact, one clever little daredevil.  

portal3.jpg

Did I say new prisoner? Hey, I did! One of the aforementioned "final five", I would give you the name of this week's prisoner, but then he'd have to kill you. And me.

FeaturePost_FBIAGENT2.jpg

So, while we never knew how or why FBI 1 was now a performer at BattleBlock Theater, it turns out that both he and FBI 2 were [details redacted]!

Man, I would never have believed that unless I'd seen it for myself! And, of course, that must mean that Hatty was [details redacted], including the sharks! It all really DOES make sense now!

Have fun guys-- someone's at the door.

[Featured Playlist 31-JAN-13]

• Upvote 1

It appears that there are now 4 stars left! How exciting! And a playlist who's difficulty rivals that of 8bitten and MisterrQuentin's playlists? Sounds like an acceptable challenge.

• Upvote 1

Well... Those levels were a lot harder than I'd expected, but that was a welcome surprise. Definitely deserved the feature. 4.5/5

Edited by 8Bitten
  • Upvote 1

I knew there would be an F.B.I agent 2!

If it's called fbi agent 1 , then I'm sure there'll be a second.

I knew there would be an F.B.I agent 2!

If it's called fbi agent 1 , then I'm sure there'll be a second.

Genius.

The last level was tricky yes... But I love the hard ones. (That's what she said)

I have the second player glitch happening to me for some reason, so the last levels are literally impossible to do.  Could someone pick up this head for me?

Hazard I could give you one,but I don't want it to seem like charity so you can trade me anything you want.I could trade you it right now if you want to.Also,I would like to mention the creativity with the block placement in the 3 encores spelling out JESUS LOVES YOU.

P.S No star heads because I have them all.BTW It could even be 5 gems.

Edited by LoverOfBattleBlockTheater
  • Upvote 1

This playlist was really good in terms of puzzle design. It was pretty fun doing this one.

...except for Boss 2. THAT LEVEL WAS BULLS---

• Upvote 3

Okay, how do I get through the second level? With the soccer ball? I get to a point with a vertical corridor ladders on both sides. It looks like i need to get the ball up there to hit the blocks to blow up so I can progress, but there is no way to get it up there. I double jump and throw it and it disappears. How do I get through this???

The finale levels contains too many jelly shooters... Too many...

I agree with Morg, the last level was B#@$*&T

The rest of the playlist is great. 4.5/5

Edited by FOXFRAGON
  • Upvote 1

The finale levels contains too many jelly shooters... Too many...

I agree with Morg, the last level was B#@$*&T

The rest of the playlist is great. 4.5/5

Hopefully the future features aren't like Boss-2.  I started freaking out when you had to jump on those rising platforms to the exit. (About that time I only had 15-20 seconds)

• Upvote 1

The hardest playlist i've done so far.

That last level was cruel, cold, insane, vicious, unfair, irritating & soooo frustrating.

Anyway, i've got the head but i didn't feel anything...

I'm not the same person anymore, that playlist changed me for ever.

• Upvote 1

Does anyone try to fill in the blanks where the behemoth people put  [details redacted] and how it really all makes sense because I want an answer!No theories, even if they are game theories.

Ok fine maybe some theories because any answer we get will remain a theory until proven correct by someone of high authority in the behemoth.

Edited by LoverOfBattleBlockTheater