Mr. Hatty

Which Genre Should The Behemoth Tackle Next?

Yes yes, [insert typical Game 4 thing here]

But hear me out, this isn't the usual thing of "WHO WANTZ CASTLE CRASHERS 2????" or "WHEN DOES GAME 6 RELEASE FOR IOS!?!?!?!?"

The Behemoth has been adamant in making all of their (three) games unique experiences.

Alien Hominid was an arcade-style 2D shoot-em up 

Castle Crashers was a multi-planar multiplayer sidescrolling beat 'em up with light RPG elements

BattleBlock Theater was a Co-Op based 2-Dimensional puzzle platformer

They obviously aspire to make new gameplay experiences, and I'm quite excited to see what they come up with for the Xbox One (yes, I believe their game will be a (timed) exclusive for Microsoft, like their last 3 releases (Alien Hominid HD, CC & BBT) were), and I am quite confident that it won't simply be a retread or sequel of an existing TB game.

So my question is, what GENRE will they conquer next?

Personally, I would love a highly stylized 3D platformer using a cel-shaded rendition of TB's classic art style, but that may be a bit too much for such a small indie studio. Regardless, I'm sure I'll be happy with whatever they put out, but I'm curious to see if there is a general consensus on where they should specifically move to gameplay wise.

• Upvote 1

I would kinda like to see an RPG, either encounter-based like Pokemon or FF or "overworld beat-'em-up" based like Torchlight II.

Either one is fine as long as there's customizable armor and lotsa loot.

Well,  we know on thing. If its made by The Behemoth, it going to be good.

Anyway, a RPG game would be interesting. I would like to see what creative ideas The Behemoth has in store. I would also love to see another platformer, but a RPG game would be better. What ever it is, I will have no hesitation on buying it.

Platforming seems to be their master genre, so I would just stick with that. But that could just be because I like platformers so much.

I really wonder what a behemoth RPG game would look like.Though,I don't really play RPG games and I enjoy platform games more and it happens to be the kind of games they make,so I would like a platform game better.Though,if you have an idea what a behemoth RPG game would be like plz feel free to explain and theorize.

It would be cool if the RPG was something similar to Supar Maero RPG...

But guis wat if it's a kart racer.

"behemoth kart" A bunch of characters racing eachother from the Behemoth games.. that would be kool-aid kool! Maybe even some prisoners!

• Upvote 1

It would be cool if the RPG was something similar to Supar Maero RPG...

But guis wat if it's a kart racer.

Why did the chicken cross the road? 

BECAUSE CART RACER GAME THATS WHY!

I'm surprised by the overwhelming majority clamoring for an RPG, I had never thought of that possibility myself, but thinking about it now makes me really want this, I need more RPGs in my life, I need more The Behemoth in my life...

Behemoth, please accidentally get your chocolate in my peanut butter and make something special

Honestly, I'm surprised no one has thought of the one 2D genre they haven't come close to in their other games:

Strategy.

Now that I think about it, it is more likely that they will make an RPG, and I would enjoy a RPG more, but strategy is something they haven't touched on yet.

• Upvote 1

i totaly want an FPS action shoot game!!!!!!! just like gosts!! hatty could have his sword and everything and it would shoot rockets and their wold be the castle crashing knights and all it would be so epic with clan tags and quickscope servers omg #cantwait

i totaly want an FPS action shoot game!!!!!!! just like gosts!! hatty could have his sword and everything and it would shoot rockets and their wold be the castle crashing knights and all it would be so epic with clan tags and quickscope servers omg #cantwait

Please say you're being sarcastic... please.....

#yolosoplaygosts yeah man but wat about the riot shelds cantt forget those i guess they would be yarns or something #cantwait

Please say you're being sarcastic... please.....

omg no way gost4life im a realy big COD fan and just the fps's in general because they r so fun like i just love kiling N00B$ w/ my major hax!!! i cant wate for the COD on Xbox ONe its going to be so amazing because xbox one is superior to all especially the PS4 because frames dont matter its the graphics that count

#yolosoplaygosts yeah man but wat about the riot shelds cantt forget those i guess they would be yarns or something #cantwait

im so pumped 4 cod on the xbox1 #sopumped because the gameplay will be superior just imagine hatty in COD like that would be SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIK!!!!!!!111!

U 2 can add me on xbox @ my GT       XxX6YOMAMA9XxX

Edited by SpoonArtist