Sign in to follow this  
DrakeG

My First Playlist! Marooned

I finally have finished a playlist! Granted, since it is my first attempt at this I am sure it won't be perfect, but I enjoy playing it so I figure you all may as well! I hope you guys will try it out and give me feedback for the next one I make. 

The one I uploaded doesn't too much have a story line, and all of the levels are different colors and concepts, but I hope you all like it!

Playlist name: Marooned

Gamertag: dchh1427

Difficulty: Medium - Advanced

I also decided to draw some terrible art for my playlist on paint! :]

post-20155-0-60971300-1391801087_thumb.png

Edited by DrakeG

This was a very hard playlist that I haven't been able to complete.  I think it was the 6th level that I had to abandon due to a very difficult spot (spike blocks, water, more spike blocks, one lava block and a couple monkey bars: that level, that location.)

I found the levels had a nice feel to them, the borders could use some color adjusting as they weren't always consistent.  The difficulty definitely spikes on that level though, going from medium, to insane.  Also there was multiple uses of teleporters and falling rocks, which I used in some of my first levels, then realized that I hated since they are so unpredictable and therefore not a fun trap.

Also, there were a lot of locations where was a rock with several different places I could go with the rock which left me worried about breaking the level.  I think some sign posts would help.

The main problem I had was level 6 (again, I'm thinking it was level 6.  It was all black blocks) There were 2 different locations that I got stuck.  The very hard jump that I described, which is VERY unforgiving, and not very fluid.  I felt more like I was trying to break the level and the flow of the game rather than making a well timed and placed jump.  The other part, which I still don't understand is the button with the treadmills.  it MAY be that the button automatically opens the switch by the exit, but there were no signs and all the blocks were black which left me with... breaking the level to continue. (I used the dart gun, shot a dart at the end of the top treadmill, dropped the rock onto the dart, waited for the rock, then grabbed it and dropped it on the button)  Other than that, I have no idea how to solve that puzzle.

I'd like a chance to play through these levels with you some time so that I can see how to truly beat some of these interesting traps, but I would add some signs and check those rock locations to see if it is clear what the player is supposed to do and see if it's possible to break the level by doing the wrong thing.

I can't properly rate this level since I haven't completed it.  I am looking forward to finishing this playlist, compared to about 90% of the other playlists, this had some thought put into it and I would recommend to experienced players.

Edited by Backup sidekick

This was a very hard playlist that I haven't been able to complete.  I think it was the 6th level that I had to abandon due to a very difficult spot (spike blocks, water, more spike blocks, one lava block and a couple monkey bars: that level, that location.)

I found the levels had a nice feel to them, the borders could use some color adjusting as they weren't always consistent.  The difficulty definitely spikes on that level though, going from medium, to insane.  Also there was multiple uses of teleporters and falling rocks, which I used in some of my first levels, then realized that I hated since they are so unpredictable and therefore not a fun trap.

Also, there were a lot of locations where was a rock with several different places I could go with the rock which left me worried about breaking the level.  I think some sign posts would help.

The main problem I had was level 6 (again, I'm thinking it was level 6.  It was all black blocks) There were 2 different locations that I got stuck.  The very hard jump that I described, which is VERY unforgiving, and not very fluid.  I felt more like I was trying to break the level and the flow of the game rather than making a well timed and placed jump.  The other part, which I still don't understand is the button with the treadmills.  it MAY be that the button automatically opens the switch by the exit, but there were no signs and all the blocks were black which left me with... breaking the level to continue. (I used the dart gun, shot a dart at the end of the top treadmill, dropped the rock onto the dart, waited for the rock, then grabbed it and dropped it on the button)  Other than that, I have no idea how to solve that puzzle.

I'd like a chance to play through these levels with you some time so that I can see how to truly beat some of these interesting traps, but I would add some signs and check those rock locations to see if it is clear what the player is supposed to do and see if it's possible to break the level by doing the wrong thing.

I can't properly rate this level since I haven't completed it.  I am looking forward to finishing this playlist, compared to about 90% of the other playlists, this had some thought put into it and I would recommend to experienced players.

Thank you for taking the time to give me some quality feedback!!

I did try to make the levels (at least some of them) difficult, but it was hard to tell what was hard for other people when i have played these levels countless times and it has (for the most part) become fluid for me.

I will definitely have to play them with you sometime. I wish they had a sign to show that you need to cover a specific teleporter. There are a few that I was unable to give direction to because of the lack of signs.

The all black level is definitely the hardest of them all. I HAVE done it before without dying and getting an A+, but it is very difficult not to die at least once. As for the rock and treadmill, you must throw the rock onto the top treadmills and HAUL to the other side to grab it and toss it to the other side. I will show you once I get a chance to play through it with you.

One thing i did happen to notice that angered me is that I did not include a Secret Level block. I had it on one of the playlists but deleted that and replaced the entire level. 

Thank you again for your feedback! Next time you are on I will have to invite you to a session.