Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Favourite Cutscenes In Video-Games?

If a video-game is ready to make you stop playing it, then it should definitely be for a good reason. Perhaps the most common reason a game will take away your control for a little bit is for a flashy cutscene.

Here's a thread where you can post your favourites!

As a few ground rules, I'm going to say:

1) If you're posting a cutscene involving some sort of reveal or plot point: please stick it in spoiler tags!

2) Trailers don't really count. Stuff from video-games only if you can.

3) I guess QTE cutscenes count, given the length of some of them, these days.

4) Keep the usual rules in mind, too (try and keep it PG!).

To start, here's one of my favourites from Brutal Legend (SPOILER):

Edited by Chris
  • Upvote 1

I love the way that Borderlands introduces their bosses, so here is a video with all Borderlands 2 boss introductions. (I dont know if this is really 'spoilerish' or not....)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eymlZTeCGms

For some reason, this was the greatest thing ever for me as a kid. Sonic's pose at 0:17, the cinematic death, Eggman points a GUN at Amy...

Some of the Sonic games have awesome cutscenes. As a kid, I really loved the Sonic Heroes opening cutscene. So much so that I'd sometimes leave the game running in the background while doing other stuff just to listen to/watch it:

• Upvote 1

This has to be the best opening to a game ever.

It is kind of neat. I think my favourite would have to go to DMC3's intro. cutscene, though. It provides a great introduction to the game's story, adds a bit of mystery and foreboding, and Dante's character perfectly. 

I ain't posting it here, though, because it's very slightly NSFW.

Trials & Tribulations spoilers (for the whole game basically):

The emotion and music just makes me drown in excitement

EDIT: FE:A Ending Spoiler

I changed it to the last cutscene of the good ending of the game, just because of that last thing that Chrom says. It's the perfect way to end a perfect game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJk39gRt9Nk

Edited by Turkey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eymlZTeCGms

For some reason, this was the greatest thing ever for me as a kid. Sonic's pose at 0:17, the cinematic death, Eggman points a GUN at Amy...

Some of the Sonic games have awesome cutscenes. As a kid, I really loved the Sonic Heroes opening cutscene. So much so that I'd sometimes leave the game running in the background while doing other stuff just to listen to/watch it:

Oh god, I remember that being one of the best opening's I have ever seen. Looking back at it, not nearly as sexy.

I'm going to cheat a little because Asura's Wrath is almost all cutscenes, but more than enough games are guilty of this now days. This is just one of the boss battles, but only the demo version with a nice cliffhanger ending. I really think this game is worth picking up and playing for yourself so don't go cheating and just watching youtube videos.

Edit: I just noticed the guy playing this kind of sucks, but if you want good game play, play it yourself.

Edited by Scaler193
  • Upvote 1

It is kind of neat. I think my favourite would have to go to DMC3's intro. cutscene, though. It provides a great introduction to the game's story, adds a bit of mystery and foreboding, and Dante's character perfectly. 

I ain't posting it here, though, because it's very slightly NSFW.

Why not put it in a spoiler if it's slightly NSFW?

Edit: I don't know if it's my laptop or what, but I think the quote system is broken.

Edited by Gamefemale
  • Upvote 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P92wur4qBqc

Looking back, this opening is still pretty good. Honestly Sonic Unleashed would have been one of my favorite Sonic games if not for that entire night stage thing. They could have even kept the beast form, just make the game play a little different rather than turning it into a hack and slash.

Mindreader... I saw this topic and said to myself "Those people need more Super Smash Bros. Melee in their life!" 

And how did you not get goosebumps when you first saw this? I remember being young and naive, thinking Sheik was a guy... 

I'm not sure what happened, but for some reason when I edited this post, it got rid of the quote, so...

Edited by BiPolarBear

The final FINAL ending to Sonic adventure 2 is my favorite of all time. I think back to it all the time. It was my childhood.

I love that ending too. I think somebody else already said this, but that ending would have been more memorable if

Shadow was not brought back to life in Sonic Heroes.

Edit: I don't know if it's my laptop or what, but I think the quote system is broken.

I guess I could. It's just a little blood, after all:

If you've played DMC3, you'll know why this cutscene is a great set-up to later sections of the game.  :-) 

• Upvote 1

I guess I could. It's just a little blood, after all:

If you've played DMC3, you'll know why this cutscene is a great set-up to later sections of the game.  :-) 

I remember loving it when Vergil slicked back his hair at the end like that when I was little. I still get goosebumps when he does.

• Upvote 1

These cutscenes nearly made me pull my heart out:

The first one's from GTA Liberty City Stories (finished recently on the PSP, also this is a GTA game, so beware of explicit content), and the last one is from the first game of Metal Gear Solid (I never finished the game, because of this dumb mission showed in the clip >.<)

Untitled_1.pngPlease note that the cutscenes are near the end of each clip! Untitled_1.png

Edited by ChibiChan