I am a girl and I play games, I don't consider myself an elitist gamer but I definitely don't call myself a casual gamer either. I honestly hate absolutely hate when girls who (only) play games like FarmVille, Candy Crush Saga and other main stream Facebook games and go around in gamer gear acting like they are a gamer. No honey, you play a click based game, go away and do some of your girl things like makeup and your hair and gossip and all that bull and leave the real gamers alone. Sorry but I hate that if you only play Facebook/app games you aren't a gamer in my book, cause my two year old son can play those games. 

Oh. I'm sorry my hobbies come off as girly to you :roll:

If you wear makeup dresses and go to the salon then yeah you are girly and I really don't think you understood my point in my message 

I am a girl and I play games, I don't consider myself an elitist gamer but I definitely don't call myself a casual gamer either. I honestly hate absolutely hate when girls who (only) play games like FarmVille, Candy Crush Saga and other main stream Facebook games and go around in gamer gear acting like they are a gamer. No honey, you play a click based game, go away and do some of your girl things like makeup and your hair and gossip and all that bull and leave the real gamers alone. Sorry but I hate that if you only play Facebook/app games you aren't a gamer in my book, cause my two year old son can play those games. 

If you wear makeup dresses and go to the salon then yeah you are girly and I really don't think you understood my point in my message 

I think he was just being sarcastic.  ;-) 

I mean, I play games and I also just so happen to be a person of the female gender, but that... doesn't really matter?

I don't play shooters like CoD or Battlefield and I tend to gravitate towards games like the ones the Behemoth makes or Nintendo stuff, but that's because of personal preference, not necessarily 'cause I'm a girl. I just like colorful things. There are probably lots of guys like that, too.

There was... more I was gonna add to this, but I kinda forgot, sorry. I've been at a convention all day and I'm kinda bleh right now.

I was gonna write something about "guy games" and "girl games" and that there's not really such a thing; it's just a marketing thing that goes in this self-driven loop, probably, but I can't put my thoughts together D:

I never realize i didnt make a reply to this topic. So here's my take.

ok i really don't have an opinion. As long as they don't suck while being on my team who gives a damn? It's like that with anyone i play with.

A little bit of sarcasm and a little bit of super serious life lessons.

For real though, I don't know why anyone would get upset if they called themselves a gamer guuuuurl. It's not some title to be defending with your life. I'm not going to go and make a checklist of everything a gamer girl should and shouldn't be. If they are playing candy crush or whatever don't go all "oMG u r not a gamur girl!!!" They are kind of a gamer in their own right. They are just casual scum, and the real problem we should be discussing here. I don't want any filthy casuals messing up my game market, let they be male or female! Also this isn't directed to anyone in particular, cause you know I love ya all. But just to those who take some offense to the idea the gamer girl image might be ruined.

I had an experience with one of the stereotypical 'girl gamers' yesterday on Starbound. All she could say was 'im a girl in real life' over and over, I swear she said it four times until someone noticed her. Quite annoying.

It turns out she was 11 years old, so I'm not sure if it is a maturity thing or just a 'notice me' kind of thing. Maybe a bit of both.

Really? I never meet 'girl gamers' that are kinda rude and/or bitchy, but I suppose, I don't ask every gamer their gender.

Well over the weekend I was playing some Call of Duty and did run into some girl gamers.  To be honest they were sort of bitchy and rude.  but that was probably just them and I don't really stereotype that all girl gamers are like that.  But almost all the time you run into people that think their above everyone else in that game.

Edited by HattyHattington.

Really? I never meet 'girl gamers' that are kinda rude and/or bitchy, but I suppose, I don't ask every gamer their gender.

This was my first encounter.

Trust me, you don't have to ask their gender as they will make sure it is known for miles around.

• Upvote 2

This was my first encounter.

Trust me, you don't have to ask their gender as they will make sure it is known for miles around.

I hate people knowing my gender when I play online cause as soon as they find out I'm a girl they all "omg a girl!"

I had an experience with one of the stereotypical 'girl gamers' yesterday on Starbound. All she could say was 'im a girl in real life' over and over, I swear she said it four times until someone noticed her. Quite annoying.

It turns out she was 11 years old, so I'm not sure if it is a maturity thing or just a 'notice me' kind of thing. Maybe a bit of both.

I believe that was because she was 11, most times girls a that age (especially in recent years) think it's cool to talk to older guys

A little bit of sarcasm and a little bit of super serious life lessons.

For real though, I don't know why anyone would get upset if they called themselves a gamer guuuuurl. It's not some title to be defending with your life. I'm not going to go and make a checklist of everything a gamer girl should and shouldn't be. If they are playing candy crush or whatever don't go all "oMG u r not a gamur girl!!!" They are kind of a gamer in their own right. They are just casual scum, and the real problem we should be discussing here. I don't want any filthy casuals messing up my game market, let they be male or female! Also this isn't directed to anyone in particular, cause you know I love ya all. But just to those who take some offense to the idea the gamer girl image might be ruined.

I say that cause Facebook ages like candy crush and FarmVille are...easy just clickers and such things toddlers (at least my two year old) can play very easily and to say you area gamer if you only play those games guy or girl makes me semi upset cause there isn't a challenge not for me a least

Might I contribute my useless thoughts?

I don't have an issue with girl gamers. I'm a guy. I know most girl gamers are decent. But the ones I meet happen to be the idiots that are playing as a guest account. They won't shut up about revealing personal information, and are constantle followed by about a dozen  idiots. Now, I'll add this here, straight off Gearboy from Memecenter. Probably a little profanity, but I don't know what to do about that...gaming-moments-battlefield-4_o_2443121.j

I mean, I play games and I also just so happen to be a person of the female gender, but that... doesn't really matter?

I don't play shooters like CoD or Battlefield and I tend to gravitate towards games like the ones the Behemoth makes or Nintendo stuff, but that's because of personal preference, not necessarily 'cause I'm a girl. I just like colorful things. There are probably lots of guys like that, too.

There was... more I was gonna add to this, but I kinda forgot, sorry. I've been at a convention all day and I'm kinda bleh right now.

I was gonna write something about "guy games" and "girl games" and that there's not really such a thing; it's just a marketing thing that goes in this self-driven loop, probably, but I can't put my thoughts together D:

So you like, unique, creative game and not rehash, generic games....

GOD BLESS GIRL GAMERS!

Edited by StarBot

I like playing competitive games, so most of the time I view males/females the same.

Just another target in my path, or a viable teammate depending on if you oppose me or not.

I would most certainly like to abolish the whole idea that female gamers are somehow different than male gamers and make it much like how you don't identify gamers by race.

After all, we all play games for the same reason(s).

If there is a girl playing the game like everyone else, she's cool. But if she is like

OMG IM A GURL GAMERRRRRRR LIKE RESPECT MEE EVEN THOUGH IMA GURRRL!!!

Then that is not acceptable to me. 

I think you guys are missing out by not hitting on girls you find. Yall gonna be jealous when I get a qutie girlfriend.

Are there any girls in the fighting game community? Now that I think about it, you never see any at Evo or Apex or any other tournament unless they're watching. Something's fishy.

Are there any girls in the fighting game community? Now that I think about it, you never see any at Evo or Apex or any other tournament unless they're watching. Something's fishy.

Well, there's a girl in the Smash Brothers documentary. So, I guess there is.

I dunno about the likes of Street Fighter or games like that, though.

Edited by daikonboy101

I don't really think anything of girl gamers. I honestly haven't even seen the negative stereotype version of a girl gamer while playing online haha. I normally just play with some guys, but I wouldn't mind a girl playing with us (I wouldn't join in on insulting the hell out of her because she's a girl, and also it'd feel more like real life anyway).

Small parenthesis here, but does anyone have an idea of how the word "gamer" came to be? I mean it's essentially a synonym of "player", so why not use "player" instead? I'd much rather be called a player, that sounds slicker and also less nerdy, no one wants to be a nerd.

Small parenthesis here, but does anyone have an idea of how the word "gamer" came to be? I mean it's essentially a synonym of "player", so why not use "player" instead? I'd much rather be called a player, that sounds slicker and also less nerdy, no one wants to be a nerd.

'Player' already has too many meanings to it.  ;-)

'Player' already has too many meanings to it.  ;-)

I'd rather risk a misunderstanding than call myself a "gamer". Hell, scratch that, I'd go out of my way to cause a misunderstanding. I'm totes for calling myself a player.