TheWingedWaffle524

How Would Someone Become A Mod For The Forum

This is one of those threads that shows everyone you want to be a mod even though you're new isn't it?

• Upvote 6

Well.... I don't really remember how it happened. I remember something about a blood sacrifice and a branding iron but that's about it.
I do remember signing up though. Every so often the behemoth needs new mods and announces it in a thread right here on the forums, there you can sign up if you match certain criteria.

• Upvote 4

Just a question... It says I am an advanced member.  What is that in the ranking order?

now it says I am a hatchling... :(  Before it said I was advanced.

Edited by HattyHattington.

Just a question... It says I am an advanced member.  What is that in the ranking order?

I feel like there is a thread for this and this whole topic...

750th post! Finally, an elder chicken!

Edited by Jaredman89

I feel like there is a thread for this and this whole topic...

750th post! Finally, an elder chicken!

There have been so many threads about this... so... many....

Anyway:

Common Titles:

less than 3 posts - eggie

3+ posts - hatchling (levels 1 - 3)

30+ posts - advanced member

50+ posts -hatchling lvl 4

100+ posts - chicken lover (levels 1 - 5)

750+ posts - elder chicken (levels 1 - 4)

2500+ posts - elder chicken lvl 5 (highest rank available for regular members)

Limited/Exclusive Titles:

Become a hero among those here on the forum - Ultra Member

Exclusive to Koen - Castlepedia Master

Exclusive to regular mods - Moderator [Mod lvl 1]

Exclusive to superior mods - Moderator [Mod lvl 2]

Exclusive to the best kind of mods - Super Mod [NPC]

Exclusive to the behemoth - Admin [NPC]

Exclusive to the behemoth - The Behemoth Staff

Exclusive to the behemoth - The Behemoth Staff (for some reason this one is blue)

• Upvote 4

In all seriousness, you don't level up into a Moderator, and you have to apply for it when they make a post asking for mods. And it's not for everyone either.

For example, I wouldn't make a good moderator because I visit only like 2-3 sections when I log on.

Well.... I don't really remember how it happened. I remember something about a blood sacrifice and a branding iron but that's about it.

I do remember signing up though. Every so often the behemoth needs new mods and announces it in a thread right here on the forums, there you can sign up if you match certain criteria.

Sounds about right.I heard rumors about people who failed the initiation and tried escaping, but no one ever did.

How to become a mod:

Don't ask how to become a mod.

Seriously though, I guess you should be a member that's been here a long time (not a month) also be mature and qualified for a position like moderator, the only other I can think of is being old enough to be a moderator which I would assume is maybe like 18 or 19 (could be wrong)

How to become a mod:

Seriously though, I guess you should be a member that's been here a long time (not a month) also be mature and qualified for a position like moderator, the only other I can think of is being old enough to be a moderator which I would assume is maybe like 18 or 19 (could be wrong)

Well... I'm 18 now! But yeah you used to have to be at least 18 years old to become a moderator.

Anyway, usually these are the criteria as posted by megan last time:

Maturity: you must be mature enough to handle tough situations, angry, flaming trolls, people calling you names, all sorts of stuff while remaining calm and not reacting emotionally. Power-trips will not be tolerated.

You must be an active member, but you needn’t necessarily post crazy lots. If you lurk here, post occasionally, and are familiar with the community and what is going on, that’s fine. In fact, if you tend to post very very frequently, then you may not be happy as a moderator. This is because as an official moderator, you would have to take a step back from engaging in personal debates, and posting your personal opinions about individuals to a large degree.

Grammar, spelling, clear post etiquette: I’ll be looking back through your post history to see if your style of posting is clear and easy to read.

Helpfulness and positive attitude: We are looking for people who really want to help the community, and will bring a positive attitude to the table!

We're going to try to find people in a variety of time zones, who can focus on different areas of the forums. extra points if you are online between 2am-4pm PST!

Reading/Writing languages other than English is a plus!

Requirements:

Minimum 3 months as a member of forums

No active warnings (warnings expire after 6 months)

50 post minimum

Also, I've been a mod for over a year now. Woo-hoo.

Koen is actually wrong on age.  You do still need to be 18 to become a Mod.  Only reason Koen got the position was he was already managing the pedia pages for The Behemoth, so we figured he'd be able to handle the position despite not being of age yet.

Well I have to wait two years... Or I can just change my age? Can I do that?

Edited by HattyHattington.

Well I have to wait two years... Or I can just change my age? Can I do that?

I've got 17 more years to go, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

How to become a mod:

Well... I'm 18 now! But yeah you used to have to be at least 18 years old to become a moderator.

Anyway, usually these are the criteria as posted by megan last time:

Maturity: you must be mature enough to handle tough situations, angry, flaming trolls, people calling you names, all sorts of stuff while remaining calm and not reacting emotionally. Power-trips will not be tolerated.

You must be an active member, but you needn’t necessarily post crazy lots. If you lurk here, post occasionally, and are familiar with the community and what is going on, that’s fine. In fact, if you tend to post very very frequently, then you may not be happy as a moderator. This is because as an official moderator, you would have to take a step back from engaging in personal debates, and posting your personal opinions about individuals to a large degree.

Grammar, spelling, clear post etiquette: I’ll be looking back through your post history to see if your style of posting is clear and easy to read.

Helpfulness and positive attitude: We are looking for people who really want to help the community, and will bring a positive attitude to the table!

We're going to try to find people in a variety of time zones, who can focus on different areas of the forums. extra points if you are online between 2am-4pm PST!

Reading/Writing languages other than English is a plus!

Requirements:

Minimum 3 months as a member of forums

No active warnings (warnings expire after 6 months)

50 post minimum

Also, I've been a mod for over a year now. Woo-hoo.

Yo puedo hablar Español muy Bien :) I'm not being serious when I say sooooooooooooo or something, soooooooooo, I'd stop using that and just type so.

I qualify to those necessities so I hope they don't change them. I'm kind of worried about them checking my history if I sign up, I know how to spell 'so', I'd stop typing sooooooooooo and stuff if they told me I had to. :) I'm so excited that I don't have to be a certain age. P.S. could a couple of you guys quit so a spot opens up? Just kidding :) P.P.S. I'm not like 7 or something I'm not 18 though, I'm between 11 and 17

Edited by TheWingedWaffle524

I've actually begged people to forgive me instead of getting mad at them when they got angry because they misunderstood me. People would look up to me and I wouldn't have to be so fancy or anything like that if I were a mod.

Edited by TheWingedWaffle524

I'm between 11 and 17

Well that really narrows it down. 

I didn't think anyone's age was a big secret here.

Edited by SpoonArtist

I qualify to those necessities so I hope they don't change them. I'm kind of worried about them checking my history if I sign up, I know how to spell 'so', I'd stop typing sooooooooooo and stuff if they told me I had to. :) I'm so excited that I don't have to be a certain age. P.S. could a couple of you guys quit so a spot opens up? Just kidding :) P.P.S. I'm not like 7 or something I'm not 18 though, I'm between 11 and 17

As DroppedYourPocket said a couple posts earlier; I'm the exception, not the rule.

All other mods had to be at least 18 which quite limits your chances of becoming a mod.

The only reason I was allowed to become a mod at the age of 17 is because I'm the admin on the castlepedia and battlepedia (the official wikis for CC and BBT and the best place to get information on those games) :P

Also, pro-tip: don't post multiple times in a row, it's considered spam behaviour and is against the rules. Instead you can use the edit button if you want to add something to your post.

Why would you ever want to be a mod? You have to go around stopping trolls, and you can't say whatever you want. Imagine if you really wanted to call someone a scrub, but couldn't because you have to be a mod. That's not a life I can live with.