TheWingedWaffle524

How Would Someone Become A Mod For The Forum

No active warnings (warnings expire after 6 months) 

Hey, when's my warning gonna be removed!? HUH!? HUH!? TELL ME THAT KOEN!

Hey, sushi gave you that warning! If you got a complaint go to him. Plus it serves as a decent reminder not to swear.

Why would you ever want to be a mod? You have to go around stopping trolls, and you can't say whatever you want. Imagine if you really wanted to call someone a scrub, but couldn't because you have to be a mod. That's not a life I can live with.

Pocket seems to disagree with you, scrub.

well that's one thing I actually never had since the beginning and that makes me happy for being so careful.

Hey, sushi gave you that warning! If you got a complaint go to him. Plus it serves as a decent reminder not to swear.

But it's not fair...

You know what? This is [REDACTED], and I ain't gonna take it anymore! [REDACTED] sucking [REDACTED].

*You know the rules Daikon

Edited by Koen
Comedic Purposes
  • Upvote 2

Koen is actually wrong on age.  You do still need to be 18 to become a Mod.  Only reason Koen got the position was he was already managing the pedia pages for The Behemoth, so we figured he'd be able to handle the position despite not being of age yet.

I was made a mod when I was sixteen.

Well.... I don't really remember how it happened. I remember something about a blood sacrifice and a branding iron but that's about it.

I'm actually the one who does the branding now. Blood sacrifices are handled by Chris. For our anemic members aspiring to become moderators, we also accept sacrifices of personal keepsakes and other valuables.

• Upvote 3

The Mod has to be an uber-active forum user with a lot of adequate posts and he has to know English well enough.

But it's not fair...

You know what? This is [REDACTED], and I ain't gonna take it anymore! [REDACTED] sucking [REDACTED].

TEH DRAMA

Edited by Timkinut

TEH DRAMA

I can see you're a fellow member of teh 'Teh Club' club! We welcome you with open arms!
Nice to meet you! 
Well, guess that joke blew over pretty quickly.

Reading/Writing languages other than English is a plus!

I can read AND write in Ghost-ese, which happens to be a language I invented. It consists mainly of numbers, symbols, and reaction gifs. Anyways let me know when I can start moderator-ing.

Koen is actually wrong on age. You do still need to be 18 to become a Mod. Only reason Koen got the position was he was already managing the pedia pages for The Behemoth, so we figured he'd be able to handle the position despite not being of age yet.

Yeah, I was sixteen when they made me a mod, too.

Also, back in my day all you needed to do to become a mod was worship the Triceratops.

• Upvote 1

Koen is actually wrong on age. You do still need to be 18 to become a Mod. Only reason Koen got the position was he was already managing the pedia pages for The Behemoth, so we figured he'd be able to handle the position despite not being of age yet.

Also, back in my day all you needed to do to become a mod was worship the Triceratops.

Turns out chocolate is poisonous to triceratops. 

Turns out chocolate is poisonous to triceratops. 
Is it? I know it's bad for dogs but triceratops?

You'd have to be mature for starters.

You also need to have an understanding of how the forums work (which usually comes with experience).

But it's not fair...

Alright, boys. Let's keep it on topic! :P

Koen is actually wrong on age.  You do still need to be 18 to become a Mod.  Only reason Koen got the position was he was already managing the pedia pages for The Behemoth, so we figured he'd be able to handle the position despite not being of age yet.

>Well.... I don't really remember how it happened. I remember something about a blood sacrifice and a branding iron but that's about it.

I'm actually the one who does the branding now. Blood sacrifices are handled by Chris. For our anemic members aspiring to become moderators, we also accept sacrifices of personal keepsakes and other valuables.

Yeah, I don't remember if we had a strict 18+ up rule, but we do want mods to be mature and have the ability to understand how to act in stressful situations, plus have experience with forums. So generally, older members can show that--but 18+ doesn't = mature. 

Also, The Behemoth does not support, endorse or encourage blood sacrifices. Whatever Chris likes to do on the weekends is of his own accord... 

• Upvote 6

Wait. There isn't a need for more mods....is there?

So far, no need for more mods has officially been discussed.

The forum is pretty dead nowadays. I think it'll be fixed when BBT is released on Steam. More active users means more need for mods.

Edited by Timkinut

I speak fluent Spanish, but I need the 3 months and 50 posts(easy). I would love to be a mod, doubt it would happen.

Edited by Dmvr
  • Upvote 1

I speak fluent Spanish, but I need the 3 months and 50 posts(easy). I would love to be a mod, doubt it would happen.

You're not the only one in line, buddy.

Ill still sign up when the time comes. Never know, it might happen

One major thing to have a chance is to get known, if someone well known with 1000+ posts applies and is known around, he has more chances to get the 'job'.

One major thing to have a chance is to get known, if someone well known with 1000+ posts applies and is known around, he has more chances to get the 'job'.
sorry for double post, phone moves screen and accidentally hit submit modified post on this post. Next post is what i tried saying Edited by Dmvr

Well, 1,000 is a long way

The forum is pretty dead nowadays. I think it'll be fixed when BBT is released on Steam. More active users means more need for mods.

Oh man, this post takes me back, I remember

"More People will come when Game 4 gets a name!"

"More people will come when Castle Crashers PS3 comes out" and then "More people will come when Castle Crashers PC comes out!"

And the much more recently crushed dream: "More people will come when BBT comes out!" Except actually people kinda are.

I'd say this is the healthiest the forums have been in a long time, it may just be some revisionist history, but I seem to remember entire weeks where no one would post back in 2010-2011 or something..

As far as moderation goes, I think I applied once a long, long time ago (I think several months after I first joined I applied when it was said that new mods were needed), since then I mostly figure that we have way more mods then we'll need for quite awhile considering how many regulars we have here (not very many), and when the time comes for more mods (if it ever does, I mean we have a lot I think) I will probably apply, since I'm here pretty much 24/7 anyway, but knowing me I've probably already caused acted enough of a fool to not be a likely candidate *shrugs*

I just hope if/when we do get new mods they're as good as the ones we already have, we've got a stellar roster of nice gents who patrol these perimeters, keeping them safe while still allowing people like me to have quite a bit of fun.... Except that Dropped Your Pocket guy, y'all really dropped the ball when made him a moderator, kid doesn't know what he's doing.