Sign in to follow this  
GoldenGhost

What Have You Been Reading?

I picked up House of Cards (which the Netflix TV show is based off of) at my college book store recently. I haven't started it yet, but I'm interested to see the parallels between this book and the TV show. It takes place in England and the main character is trying to become king instead of President, so it sounds like the two stories will be different but will still have some stuff in common.

I think you mean Prime Minister. Government issues aren't handled by the monarchy (Besides signing off laws).

I never knew that House of Cards was originally a book might pick it up after I've finished The Hobbit. I got quite far into the series of House of Cards and never finished watching it.  

Edited by Abz2141

I picked up House of Cards (which the Netflix TV show is based off of) at my college book store recently. I haven't started it yet, but I'm interested to see the parallels between this book and the TV show. It takes place in England and the main character is trying to become king instead of President, so it sounds like the two stories will be different but will still have some stuff in common.

I think you mean Prime Minister. Government issues aren't handled by the monarchy (Besides signing off laws).

I never knew that House of Cards was originally a book might pick it up after I've finished The Hobbit. I got quite far into the series of House of Cards and never finished watching it.

Oh... yeah, of course I meant to say prime minister... im sorry i know nothing about your government

I've really enjoyed the TV show, I'm fully caught up and ready for season 3 next year. (Not gonna spoil anything but daaaang it gets so good.) There are 3 books total, so I dunno how far along in the books the TV show is, or whether they're even the same story at the point the TV show is at.

I started Assassin's Creed: Forsaken recently. Good ol' Haytham, stabbing a man in his eye socket, killing him instantly...

...when he's 10 years old.

I finished up the first Game of Thrones book a couple of weeks ago. After finishing it, I ordered the next three books in the series. They arrived the other day, so I've been reading the second book of A Song of Ice and Fire, A Clash of Kings.

I love it already. If you're a fan of high fantasy fiction (or the Game of Thrones TV series), then I would highly recommend you give these books a try.

On The Road: Jack Kerouac (original scroll manuscript)

Never has the poetry fell free from my mouth and the western virgin expansion seemed so ready for the riped picking of my travels.

Great read

Textbooks, textbooks, and more textbooks.

For fun, my 21 yr old brother got me this book called

Its really funny, but it has a lot of mature humor, so just a heads up.

Anyone ever read "Ready Player One". I just finished it and it is now my favorite book!

I dunno if you've heard, but Steven Spielberg is making a movie adaptation of that book. I haven't read it, but I figure if he's making a movie of it then it must be pretty good.

Edited by GoldenGhost

Anyone ever read "Ready Player One". I just finished it and it is now my favorite book!

I dunno if you've heard, but Steven Spielberg is making a movie adaptation of that book. I haven't read it, but I figure if he's making a movie of it then it must be pretty good.

I heard about that! It really is a good read for anyone who's into video games!

I'm about halfway through the second book of Game of Thrones and even though it feels kind of slow to me, i'll keep going because the third book is apparently where it starts getting really good.

Also, I just read Of Mice and Men and it was a very good (and short for the impact it gave) book, would definitely recommend if you haven't read it yet. 

I'm about halfway through the second book of Game of Thrones and even though it feels kind of slow to me, i'll keep going because the third book is apparently where it starts getting really good.

Also, I just read Of Mice and Men and it was a very good (and short for the impact it gave) book, would definitely recommend if you haven't read it yet. 

We had to read Of Mice and Men in English for an exam. I enjoyed it, it wasn't a terrible book but most of my friends didn't like it.