xAvacynx

Battle Block Theater Controller Issues Steam

For some reason my controller works with games like Castle Crashers, FF7, and Remember me on Steam but my controller refuses to work with Battle Block Theater when the game even recommends using the controller. Pls help... also I have the Power A Fus1on Tournament controller for PS3.

Hello! I am experiencing the same issue and have not found a fix for the problem. For specs I have the mayflash 3 in 1 adapter for pc. I have tried with both the gamecube controller and a ps2 controller and neither of them work. These controllers do work as I have tried them both with other games. Please help!

Hello! I am experiencing the same issue and have not found a fix for the problem. For specs I have the mayflash 3 in 1 adapter for pc. I have tried with both the gamecube controller and a ps2 controller and neither of them work. These controllers do work as I have tried them both with other games. Please help!

Ah, that explains why. Neither of these controllers are natively supported by our game, so you will need to use an emulator or third-party driver to run it. The Behemoth does not recommend any particular emulator as they can cause significant issues in your game or your computer's performance, but someone on these boards or the Steam boards may have a recommendation for you. 

Can anyone recommend a good xbox controller emulator? It would be great if someone could help me out.

Hi Whudson. For the majority of my Steam games I use an emulator called X360CE. It works far better with my Dualshock 2 than any of the other emulators I've tried.

A quick Google search will find you the download files, and there are plenty of set-up tutorials for the program on Youtube.

If you need any more help, feel free to post a reply here and I'll see if I can help you out.  :-)

Can anyone recommend a good xbox controller emulator? It would be great if someone could help me out.

Hi Whudson. For the majority of my Steam games I use an emulator called X360CE. It works far better with my Dualshock 2 than any of the other emulators I've tried.

A quick Google search will find you the download files, and there are plenty of set-up tutorials for the program on Youtube.

If you need any more help, feel free to post a reply here and I'll see if I can help you out.  :-)

I can help too with my awesome knowledge on these things.

Hello, I'm also having problems with the controller working with the game. I'm using PS2 controllers, with a blue, two controller connecting adapter, and a third party program; x360ce. I have tested the controllers with Castle Crasher, and they work fine. Unfortunately when i try to use the controllers with BBT it just doesnt work. Does anyone have any advice?

Hello, I'm also having problems with the controller working with the game. I'm using PS2 controllers, with a blue, two controller connecting adapter, and a third party program; x360ce. I have tested the controllers with Castle Crasher, and they work fine. Unfortunately when i try to use the controllers with BBT it just doesnt work. Does anyone have any advice?

^This is my exact set-up. I'm 90% sure we're using the same brand of PS2 adapter too...so I should be able to help.

Have you copied 'x360ce.exe' from your Castle Crashers directory to your BattleBlock Theater directory? If not, try copying it over, running it, then closing it and starting up the game (it's important that you close x360ce before trying to play).

Let us know if this helps or not.  :-) 

^This is my exact set-up. I'm 90% sure we're using the same brand of PS2 adapter too...so I should be able to help.

Have you copied 'x360ce.exe' from your Castle Crashers directory to your BattleBlock Theater directory? If not, try copying it over, running it, then closing it and starting up the game (it's important that you close x360ce before trying to play).

Let us know if this helps or not.  :-) 

Yeap, works now lol! Thanks. Its strange though, I didn't need to put the x360ce.exe into the Castle Crashers folder... meh *shrugs* in any case they both work! and the best part is I can play with my friends locally! *cries tears of joy*

Thanks so much ^^

• Upvote 1

I'm trying to play BattleBlock with 3 other friends, and only 1 controller can be accepted at once, the type of controller isn't an issue seeing as we're able to use out controllers, but only one will work at once

2 hours ago, Nikilus said:

I'm trying to play BattleBlock with 3 other friends, and only 1 controller can be accepted at once, the type of controller isn't an issue seeing as we're able to use out controllers, but only one will work at once

What mode are you trying to play? Only Arena mode allows up to 4 players.

If this issue persists, please reach out to support.thebehemoth.com!