Mr. Hatty

Mario Kart General Dicussion

Proof that the MK8 AI can still be both a little stupid and unfair at times:

But is still miles more balanced and less infuriating than in MK:Wii & MK7.  :-)

EDIT

So I've been having fun with the online multiplayer in this game recently. I have a few photos and stuff so I'll just add them onto this post to save double-posting.

Firstly this happened:

IMG_20140608_001900_zps7972bf3a.jpg

Second, I just want to point out that there aren't many good players online at the minute...I don't think I've lost a race yet in multiplayer. Offline 150CC has provided much more of a challenge so far. 

Just look at these photos. I'm almost always halfway around a track again before somebody gets second place and the race ends. And this happens in 90% of races:

IMG_20140608_003842_zpsb74bed72.jpg

IMG_20140608_002551_zps53d6fdab.jpg

Larry in second^

IMG_20140608_002125_zps0fb6ac11.jpg

Larry in second again, Baby Peach and Bowser lapped

2fast4u

Edited by Chris

Mario Kart 8 DLC has shown up on the Nintendo UK website! There are two packs, each adding 3 characters, 4 karts, and 8 tracks to the game. Pack 1 adds Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach (in case Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach didn't float your boat) as well as Link, whereas Pack 2 adds Villager from Animal Crossing, Isabelle from Animal Crossing, and Dry Bowser (heck yeah)! New tracks include Wario's Gold Mine from MKWii as well as some new tracks from other Nintendo franchises. One of the new karts is the Blue Falcon from F-Zero. Pack 1 comes out in November 2014, while Pack 2 comes out May 2015.

Here's the page:

http://m.store.nintendo.co.uk/wii-u-ddc/the-legend-of-zelda-x-mario-kart-8-aoc-pack-digital-download/10991121.html?utm_source=Affiliate&utm_medium=Tradedoubler&utm_campaign=VigLink+UK

Forgot to mention: buying both packs automatically gives you 8 new colors for Yoshi and 8 new colors for Shy Guy.

Edited by GoldenGhost
  • Upvote 2

Mario Kart 8 DLC has shown up on the Nintendo UK website! There are two packs, each adding 3 characters, 4 karts, and 8 tracks to the game. Pack 1 adds Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach (in case Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach didn't float your boat) as well as Link, whereas Pack 2 adds Villager from Animal Crossing, Isabelle from Animal Crossing, and Dry Bowser (heck yeah)! New tracks include Wario's Gold Mine from MKWii as well as some new tracks from other Nintendo franchises. One of the new karts is the Blue Falcon from F-Zero. Pack 1 comes out in November 2014, while Pack 2 comes out May 2015.

Here's the page:

http://m.store.nintendo.co.uk/wii-u-ddc/the-legend-of-zelda-x-mario-kart-8-aoc-pack-digital-download/10991121.html?utm_source=Affiliate&utm_medium=Tradedoubler&utm_campaign=VigLink+UK

Forgot to mention: buying both packs automatically gives you 8 new colors for Yoshi and 8 new colors for Shy Guy.

Dammit, was literally gonna post this 30 minutes ago until my mother called for me

oh well

Kart Hype

There's an F-Zero track, an ExciteBike Track, and a Blue Falcon Kart

Here's the page:

where did my pants go

i seem to have misplaced them

10991121-1409070796-361669.jpg

Something Grant didn't seem to notice was that there are 3 tracks confirmed on this pic:

Mute City from F-Zero on the top left

an Excitebikes track on the bottom left

and Wario's Goldmine returning from Mario Kart Wii on the middle right

The Mercedes Benz DLC might possibly be the most silly thing I've seen in a Mario Kart game. Playing MK8 online right now is like watching an interactive advertisement for Mercedes, since 90% of players today are driving them.  :-)

Can't believe how long we have to wait for the newly announced DLC, though...especially since the new selections have already been implemented into Mario Kart 8's menus. However, it all definitely looks worth the wait.

Mario Kart 9 = Mario & Nintendo All-Stars Kart Transformed.

• Upvote 1

Something interesting is that the new cups don't feature the leaked DLC cup logos except for 1 which is a cup with Yoshi's egg.

Maybe there will be even more DLC afterwards? 

I already preordered the DLC, and I'm playing as Pink Yoshi now

I'm sorry if this is obvious trolling/joking... but can you really do that?

Yes. I am a human being, who does have money, believe it or not.

• Upvote 2

Something interesting is that the new cups don't feature the leaked DLC cup logos except for 1 which is a cup with Yoshi's egg.

Maybe there will be even more DLC afterwards? 

Most likely not. The Boo, Shine and Blue Shell cups were probably leftovers from an earlier build of the game and reworked into the Triforce, New Leaf and Bell cups seen in the DLC.

Woops, my bad, didn't realize Nintendo would do something as modern as Digital Pre-orders

I am unbelievably disapointed by the lack of a purple yoshi alt, but otherwise I am quite happy with this

Woops, my bad, didn't realize Nintendo would do something as modern as Digital Pre-orders

I am unbelievably disapointed by the lack of a purple yoshi alt, but otherwise I am quite happy with this

I'm pretty excited to hear the Villager and Isabelle's voice, since you know, they don't have any.

Tracks for DLC Pack 2 revealed!

New Woods

Ribbon Road

Animal Crossing

Subway

Big Blue (F-Zero)

Neo Bowser City (Mario Kart 7)

Baby Park (Double Dash!!)

Cheese Land (Super Circuit)

It's interesting that they brought a second F-Zero stage for MK8 DLC, plus a Super Circuit stage.

Super Circuit has to be my least favorite Mario Kart game (even if it was one of the first ones I played) so I'm glad that it's tracks are getting a huge revamp which is turning them into basically new tracks. I'm not usually one for DLC but I wouldn't mind getting another pack or two seeing as how amazing these last two were.