Sign in to follow this  
I can't play Mother 3

Pikmin Series

So yeah after looking through some forum pages I didn't really see anything Pikmin related.

So here is a topic about it.

Converse.

A little conversation starter is that this guy I found on youtube a few years ago actually helped me keep up with Pikmin 3 news and speculations of that time period (cause seriously I was hyped for that game's announcement for 4 years.)

Here was his information he gathered in a nintendo direct:

(this is pretty long so I suggest skipping the actual footage and going straight to the speculations, he has an annotation for it.)

(just realized this but this is completely obsolete since the game already came out and you should go get it whoever is reading this.)

I 100% the first game, beat the second last summer but stopped playing before I could 100% it. I might go back to it this summer to finish it.Pikmin 3 I have but have not played yet.

I don't know if I can ever put up with the guilt of losing all those purple Pikmin though 2 years ago... Seriously, that game put through a certain type of depression I've never gotten before. Those Pikmin trusted me with their very lives, and did nothing but help me. They even came right back to my aid after I left their planet for a couple years. And how do I repay them? By accidentally leading them in front of one of those monsters that throw rolling rocks.

I swear I'll never forget you, Johnson 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7!!

Edited by Turkey
  • Upvote 1

Pikmin 3: Best in the series. My first Wii U game that wasn't Nintendo Land, and I was stunned at the sight of Pikmin in HD. Beautiful game and really fun too.

Pikmin: I played this one first on Wii (the New Play Control! version, that is) and I fell in love with the series. I've played through it 3 times and I definitely recommend starting with this one to people who are new to the series.

Pikmin 2: "lol didnt play"

(I actually have it, but all of my Pikmin died in the first dungeon and I ragequit. Heard it's good, but I doubt it's better than 1 or 3.)

Haven't got Pikmin 3, but...

I have Pikmin (New Play Control! of course); brilliant strategy game, I used to play it over many times just to see how fast I could 100% it, addictive and a game I can safely say will not disappoint any that consider picking it up.

Pikmin 2 (also New Play Control!) is... kinda different. It's certainly not as good as the first installment, as expected, but I've also wasted many days 'speedrunning' (badly) it, so it can't be far off. It takes the same concept as the first: collecting treasure, but a slightly different objective. I find this one gives more feels than the first, 'specially towards the end.  :-D

I watched someone do a speed run of pikmin one and he did it in 1 hour. Got all the treasures by day 8. I mean, I've seen people beat pikmin 3 faster, but they only collected 2 fruits.

edit: just looked back on this topic and said to myself "did I really post an hour long video?" so I removed the video, it was just a speed run of the first game, and they did a bunch of super spooky tricks.

Edited by I can't play Mother 3

If the 4th game doesn't include Purple Pikmin in the main story, I'm going to flip