Sign in to follow this  
yroc1234

Battle Block Theater Pc Version: Can't Change Resolution, Windowed/fullscreen, And Can't See Cutscenes

Here's my system if it makes any difference:

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/rjpc/saved/8XYXsY

I can't find another user with this problem but my Battle Block Theater starts in windowed mode and attempting to change it to fullscreen causes it to flick black and white repeatedly and pretty much disabled my PC until I log off(via ctrl + alt + delete) or restart. The resolution slider is blank(showing nothing), it can be changed but it dosen't show what you're changing to and changing it does nothing. The window can also be freely resized but this causes all kinds of errors.

I also can't see any cutscenes, I get a black screen and can only hear the audio.

WTF is wrong with my game?

Here's my system if it makes any difference:

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/rjpc/saved/8XYXsY

I can't find another user with this problem but my Battle Block Theater starts in windowed mode and attempting to change it to fullscreen causes it to flick black and white repeatedly and pretty much disabled my PC until I log off(via ctrl + alt + delete) or restart. The resolution slider is blank(showing nothing), it can be changed but it dosen't show what you're changing to and changing it does nothing. The window can also be freely resized but this causes all kinds of errors.

I also can't see any cutscenes, I get a black screen and can only hear the audio.

WTF is wrong with my game?

First, please validate your files, by right clicking on the game title in the Library of the Steam client. Then pick: Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game cache. 

Please ensure that your video card drivers and DirectX are completely up-to-date. We recommend that you uninstall the drivers for your video card completely, then go to your video card manufacturer's website and manually download the latest drivers. 

Please also try using some of these troubleshooting steps!

I had this same issue. Turns out it didn't like that i overclock my monitor to 110 Hz as opposed to the standard 60 Hz. I just changed my monitor's refresh rate to 60 and everything started working