Fishman465

Opinions On The Steam Summer Sale Exclusive Heads

I'm curious about other opinions.

Mine? It's a mistake as by doing so, it basically put the rarest head at the non-existent mercy of the market autobuyers/ merchs (and the only way to keep up is to do the same thing basically)

I feel this is a small betrayal as  Iwasn't expecting Behemoth to do anything that might invoke memories of hat fortress 2.

I'm not expecting any changes, but I feel I had to vent a bit.

I'd be closer to buying that if it was a free to play game (i.e. most of the other games w/ summer event exclusive items) as opposed to something one pays about 10 bucks to own. And the way it goes will likely backfire as not many people want to pay too much for a head (more so as most new heads are very cheap during their runs)

Also I forgot to note it early, but the Xbox player base has no such worries (miss a head's run? There'll be another down the line)

I mean if the head was DLC I'd buy it even if it was a few bucks (certainly cheaper than what people are selling it for), so would other people. They'd love to support the company, not so much souless market merchs only out to make a buck.

I'm hoping this is the last time they do something like this or else I'd have to put up warnings about it being hat fortress 2 (i.e. stay clear)

I hated the idea. I thought the heads (especially Lava Lamp) would be very rare on Steam and Xbox due to high chances that they won't be re-released anymore. Also off topic, I got all three from the steam market and here is the prices I got them for:

Scuba Steve: Just 0.03$

Hatzilla: Maybe like 0.70$

Lava Lamp: Oh gosh, I was crazy enough to buy this guy for 18.99$! That's a crazy choice and price.

Don't believe me? Here's proof!

vvJVYPG.png

Lava lamp is my favorite head and so when I heard you could only get it by having a rare chance of crafting it or by buying it for 13 dollars I was extremely disappointed, hopefully this will be the last time The Behemoth does something like this.

I think its a great idea, adds some kind of rarity to the game's Heads instead of people just having the full set of Heads after a couple of weeks.

Making a few of the rare actually gives them some 'Star Head' status, instead of just being another set of Heads to farm.

Regarding the Summer Sale I don't mind, gives you something extra for spending money, alongside getting a lot of awesome games for really cheap. I personally didn't spend anything, but the Head rarity is just another bargain I look forward to.

Edited by NecroMancer

Lava lamp will be rereleased on Xbox. It's only been released once, and they said they will re - release all the special heads again.

Lava lamp will be rereleased on Xbox. It's only been released once, and they said they will re - release all the special heads again.

Actually they have stated that the summer sale was the only way to get all three heads and they will not be re-released

I think its a great idea, adds some kind of rarity to the game's Heads instead of people just having the full set of Heads after a couple of weeks.

Making a few of the rare actually gives them some 'Star Head' status, instead of just being another set of Heads to farm.

Regarding the Summer Sale I don't mind, gives you something extra for spending money, alongside getting a lot of awesome games for really cheap. I personally didn't spend anything, but the Head rarity is just another bargain I look forward to.

Well in time older heads would cost more than if they freshly came out, and the issue is that the heads are in control of merchs who'll likely charge so much that even TF2 items would be cheaper in comparison. No one wants to buy a game that they'd have to pay 2+ times the games' cost just to get all the heads.

Actually they have stated that the summer sale was the only way to get all three heads and they will not be re-released

For steam, not Xbox.