Sign in to follow this  
megan

Battleblock Theater Steam Ball Game Tournament

EDIT: Tournament is now over! Here are the winners:

TournamentBracketsWinners.jpg

bbtballgametourney.jpg

Watch live: Twitch.tv/thebehemoth

BattleBlock Theater hit One Million leader board entries today! (Huzzah XBLA & Steam community!) Add that with the World Cup excitement and we’ve got a fitting time to hold our first BattleBlock Theater Steam Ball Game Tournament!

Anyone 13 or older can register and we’ll be accepting up to 60 registrations before July 9th. All registrants must be available on July 10th between 9AM-5PM for a qualifying audition round (don’t worry, we’ll schedule a slot with you ahead of time!) and available for the entire Tournament period of 3PM-5:30PM on July 16, 2014.

The grand prize will be a mystery prize + some awesome BattleBlock Theater merchandise. Mystery prize will be revealed on our live Twitch stream of the Tournament on July 16, 2014 — so even if you don’t join the tournament, make sure you mark your calendars to watch!

For those of you who are interested in registering, get all the info on the official BattleBlock Theater Steam Ball Game Tournament page HERE.

Entered

Edit: if anyone wants to train with me, I'd he interested.

Edited by yugo657

Gamefemale has arrived! I'll be training over the next week or so. Anyone wanting to join me in my training is welcome.

Wrote this on the news article but wanted to write it here just in case;

"I would sign up but I’m not comfortable giving my full name out. Will it be used at all during the tournament? Can we just write a made up one?"

As someone who is ridiculously good at ball game but has ridiculously terrible internet, I feel like crap.

If you want help just message me on Xbox, its practically the same thing if you use a controller. Also, if you actually do want to "train" my GT is the same as my username.

Entered

Gamefemale has arrived! I'll be training over the next week or so. Anyone wanting to join me in my training is welcome.

Hey if we could get one more person we could train as a full match!

Eh, I'm not the best at ball game, but I'll give it a shot. I'll practice before this and maybe I'll get better.

Entered

>>Gamefemale has arrived! I'll be training over the next week or so. Anyone wanting to join me in my training is welcome.

Hey if we could get one more person we could train as a full match!

i guess i could. My steam username is: MisterrQuentin

Edited by MisterrQuentin

Lormus has won this already, wish we could place bets lol!!

Oh Lormus! I know him! I'm his friend on steam! He's #1 in muckle. What # is he in ballgame? And btw, I've never got a chance to play him. Is he pro?

Not gonna win this... but lets see how far I can get...

Good luck, SaltOnToast! If I don't make it to the tournament, I'll be rooting for you.

• Upvote 1

Good luck, SaltOnToast! If I don't make it to the tournament, I'll be rooting for you.

Thank you! and good luck getting in!

Edited by SaltOnToast
  • Upvote 1

saw you on behemothlarry's friends list welcome to the games :D

Well, I'm not exactly in yet, I'm still on the waitlist, and that means I'm only going to get invited if there's extra space.

Well, I'm not exactly in yet, I'm still on the waitlist, and that means I'm only going to get invited if there's extra space.

60 people i the prelims 64 friends added minus other behemoth employees, Pretty sure you'll get in! 

Something that keeps me laughing, I know for a fact there is that one person somewhere who entered, got in, but didn't read you have to accept the friend list and declined it thinking it was a random person.

• Upvote 1

60 people i the prelims 64 friends added minus other behemoth employees, Pretty sure you'll get in! 

Something that keeps me laughing, I know for a fact there is that one person somewhere who entered, got in, but didn't read you have to accept the friend list and declined it thinking it was a random person.

I'm pretty sure at least one person entered, and never replied to the email that said you are on the waitlist and you have to reply if you still want to be in the tournament. That thought alone gives me hope.

• Upvote 1

Shoot! It's a darn shame I didn't make it on time to sign up! Came back from a vacay and I've been dying for a BBT tournament! Ironically, I've been dying for B-Ball the most, the one I was too late for! i had a peeslosh moment right there when I saw it. >.< Oh well, the next one I hope for is for either King of the Hill or Capture the Horse. Maybe Muckle, but I'm not too sure about it. Might get a bit out of hand.

I'm actually stressing a bit about the tourney so much that it makes me not want to play the game out of fear... which is weird because I'm the type of person who never stresses about things... it might be linked to my motives for entering but I mean I'll try my best  :-P