Cat Guard

How To Be Modderater

I was wondering how you become  a modderater such as dropyourpocket. I think i would like to be one but I highly doubt its that easy. thanks for any responce :-)

Step 1: Don't ask.

Seriously though I guess you would have to be mature, handsome, and be good at moderating. 

Edited by Ultanoka
  • Upvote 1

Step 1: Don't ask.

Seriously though I guess you would have to be mature, handsome, and be good at moderating. 

Thanks for saying im not handsome, mature or a good moderater :cry:

They only need moderators when a lot of people are on the forums and seeing as there are only like... 12 active members of the forum I doubt they will be needing new moderators anytime soon

People have been asking about this since as long as this forum has been around. Just don't be a dick.

Please dont use language like that on the forums

They only need moderators when a lot of people are on the forums and seeing as there are only like... 12 active members of the forum I doubt they will be needing new moderators anytime soon

ok thanks

Edited by Cat Guard

We look for users who have displayed their maturity, patience, and responisiblity on the Forums when we bring in Moderators. We also prefer to have Mods with great grammar and spelling skills, as well as a good attitude. We usually ask that those who apply are at least 18 years old, but exceptions have been made.

We're not looking for Moderators at the moment, though. When we need more, Megan usually posts a global thread with details for the application.

• Upvote 1

People have been asking about this since as long as this forum has been around. Just don't be a dick.

Please dont call me that because im not in a good mood

I don't think he was calling you that, it was more of a general statement on how to become a moderator.

Eh, "dick" is a 'Rated T for Teen' term and you're on a forum dedicated to three games which were all 'Rated T for Teen' by the ESRB, I personally don't see a problem especially since he wasn't using that term towards any particular group or individual in an offensive way, but I suppose it's not my place to validate what kind of language is and isn't appropriate, though then again it's not really yours either, is it?

To answer the OP, though I guess everyone else has sufficiently answered it, we barely have any active members as it is, but when we get an influx of new ones they usually put up a thread asking for applications to become a mod and a few are chosen accordingly (Though if I recall right, in the case of Dropped Your Pocket they actually came to him and asked as opposed to the other way around). 

Regardless, being a moderator is a lot of responsibility and it involves dealing with the large amount of asinine people that like to come here and be scoundrels from time to time. I do not envy what our mods do. We also have pretty much the perfect amount of moderators as it is, I recall a time in 2010 where there were more active mods than there were active users, and I remember several members being particularly displeased by this, so we probably shouldn't promote a repeat of that event.

TL;DR Wait until they ask for some and then apply

• Upvote 1

Eh, "dick" is a 'Rated T for Teen' term and you're on a forum dedicated to three games which were all 'Rated T for Teen' by the ESRB, I personally don't see a problem especially since he wasn't using that term towards any particular group or individual in an offensive way, but I suppose it's not my place to validate what kind of language is and isn't appropriate, though then again it's not really yours either, is it?

To answer the OP, though I guess everyone else has sufficiently answered it, we barely have any active members as it is, but when we get an influx of new ones they usually put up a thread asking for applications to become a mod and a few are chosen accordingly (Though if I recall right, in the case of Dropped Your Pocket they actually came to him and asked as opposed to the other way around). 

Regardless, being a moderator is a lot of responsibility and it involves dealing with the large amount of asinine people that like to come here and be scoundrels from time to time. I do not envy what our mods do. We also have pretty much the perfect amount of moderators as it is, I recall a time in 2010 where there were more active mods than there were active users, and I remember several members being particularly displeased by this, so we probably shouldn't promote a repeat of that event.

TL;DR Wait until they ask for some and then apply

Theres 2 kinds of "dont be a d*ck. The kind I thought he ment was like "Stop being a d*ck", but it seems he ment "Dont become a d*ck

Yeah you have a point on the last part

Edited by Cat Guard

Eh, "dick" is a 'Rated T for Teen' term and you're on a forum dedicated to three games which were all 'Rated T for Teen' by the ESRB

Just jumping in to say that this isn't really a set-in-stone thing with our rules. Personally, we prefer that you don't use any questionable language on the forums.

That being said, there's still a lot of backstage stuff to do with swear filters and such, so... carry on, I guess.

Eh, "dick" is a 'Rated T for Teen' term and you're on a forum dedicated to three games which were all 'Rated T for Teen' by the ESRB

Just jumping in to say that this isn't really a set-in-stone thing with our rules. Personally, we prefer that you don't use any questionable language on the forums.

That being said, there's still a lot of backstage stuff to do with swear filters and such, so... carry on, I guess.

Thanks. Somehow this went from moderating to innapropriate body parts

I shoot people who use bad language. Die, NecroMancer and Mr.Hatty.

I shoot people who use bad language. Die, NecroMancer and Mr.Hatty.

NecroMancer kinda raises the dead

Hello  I understand people are interested in becoming  a monitor, although it is not easy  it is rewarding. If you want to be a monitor don't ask, use proper grammar, and be polite and active in your posts make Shure to stay updated with posts form other monitors because they will inform you when a spot is open, thanks and have a great day. :-P  :| -Pratt dog20

Hello  I understand people are interested in becoming  a monitor, although it is not easy  it is rewarding. If you want to be a monitor don't ask, use proper grammar, and be polite and active in your posts make Shure to stay updated with posts form other monitors because they will inform you when a spot is open, thanks and have a great day. :-P  :| -Pratt dog20

Contradicted! 

Contradicted! 

yeah! :P

Moderator privilages are reserved for those who don't go on power trips anytime they are given an inkling of authoritative power.

could a mod lock this due to it not being of use? I only needed to be told all that once. But still thanks everyone

Thanks. Somehow this went from moderating to innapropriate body parts

Are you serious?

One quality of a mod is also the ability to let a few minor insignificant issues go. You are way too sensitive to be a mod.

I've seen this horrible trait in voluntary community police (basic job is to spot crime-not make arrests despite the belief of some of them), hilariously making citizens arrests for swearing in public or littering.

Alright, well, before things get a bit hazy in here, I'm just going to go ahead and lock this thread like Cat Guard requested.

Cat Guard, feel free to send any of us Mods a private message if you have any further questions.