Sign in to follow this  
behemothgamer

What If Nes And Snes Had Dlc

1. I dunno how you'd do that with a console that can't connect to the Internet. I'm imagining an extra slot on the console itself, and you'd have to buy DLC as a cartridge and insert it into the extra slot while the game is in the console. I don't see it being downloaded onto the original game cartridge itself since those didn't have much space to begin with, and the consoles couldn't store game data, so yeah.

2. I feel like each DLC would've included a lot more content than what we're familiar with today since they would've been a much larger effort to release. So instead of just getting some cool new costumes for characters in Street Fighter, each expansion probably would've included almost an entire game's worth of content. (Might as well have made a sequel.)

1. I dunno how you'd do that with a console that can't connect to the Internet. I'm imagining an extra slot on the console itself, and you'd have to buy DLC as a cartridge and insert it into the extra slot while the game is in the console. I don't see it being downloaded onto the original game cartridge itself since those didn't have much space to begin with, and the consoles couldn't store game data, so yeah.

2. I feel like each DLC would've included a lot more content than what we're familiar with today since they would've been a much larger effort to release. So instead of just getting some cool new costumes for characters in Street Fighter, each expansion probably would've included almost an entire game's worth of content. (Might as well have made a sequel.)

Sega has done this once where they made what we would consider standalone DLC, with the Sonic & Knuckles Cart. It added Knuckles to Sonic 2 and made Sonic 3 a larger, full game. Because they had to release Sonic 3 as two parts for the Christmas season from what I heard.

Sega has done this once where they made what we would consider standalone DLC, with the Sonic & Knuckles Cart. It added Knuckles to Sonic 2 and made Sonic 3 a larger, full game. Because they had to release Sonic 3 as two parts for the Christmas season from what I heard.

That's one half of the story.

The other half being that the game would've been incredibly expensive to sell as one title, as well as programming constraints, so they decided to split the price by selling them separately.

And trust me, I find Sonic 3 & Knuckles (as originally intended by combining Sonic 3 with Sonic & Knuckles) to be an incredibly long game to beat.

Not to mention you have your standard Chaos Emeralds, your SUPER Emeralds, and of course multiple alternate paths you can take within a level.

They did have DLC.

It's called Expansion Packs.

At least... that's what Pokemon Yellow and Crystal were considered.. but those arent home console games.