Sign in to follow this  
MattDeOntwerper

[Idea] Star Heads Abuse Fix...

Heya there,

As you can see above...people are abusing the star head system.

What needs to be done is the following...

1. Star heads are released / features are changed
  2. These Star heads become UNTRADABLE and UNMARKETABLE for the entire time the feature is available
  3. When the new Star heads / features are released, make the old Star heads tradable and marketable
  4. Repeat step 1

It's a very simple solution...

Some people are smart, sad to say I didn't think of selling them first

Edit: Its not abuse its people selling heads to people to lazy to do the feature themselves

if anything its good marketing

Edited by SaltOnToast

Edit: Its not abuse its people selling heads to people to lazy to do the feature themselves

It is abuse.

It is abuse.

no one has to buy them they're buying it of their own will

From what I heard, you can actually put a head up for sale/trade it to a friend, open up the game and grab another head, free of charge. If this repeats, it's farming extra heads to sell later with little to no work, you can have a hundred when they only wanted to give you one!

How is it abuse exactly? Asking from a completely personal standpoint, I don't work for Behemoth or anything.

From what I can tell, having multiple copies of the same head severely depreciates the value of the head and wrecks almost any kind of economy involved with said item, or in worst case scenario, the entire game.

That being said, it's not abuse. These are intrepid players that figured out how to work the market.

1. Star heads are released / features are changed
  2. These Star heads become UNTRADABLE and UNMARKETABLE for the entire time the feature is available
  3. When the new Star heads / features are released, make the old Star heads tradable and marketable
  4. Repeat step 1

What you claim to be a simple solution would presumably be an incredibly difficult thing to patch.

I'm no programmer so I can't claim anything (nor am I an employee of The Behemoth), but you'd have to go change the programming that interacts player trade along with steam inventories, and something like that would be very difficult to synchronize. 

What you claim to be a simple solution would presumably be an incredibly difficult thing to patch.

I'm no programmer so I can't claim anything (nor am I an employee of The Behemoth), but you'd have to go change the programming that interacts player trade along with steam inventories, and something like that would be very difficult to synchronize. 

They managed to change the tradable status of the Knight head easily, as well as Meebs and Peeps when they were wrongly released.

Hence why it's an easy solution.

Matt is the party pooper here. He doesn;t like that special head abuse thing. It's not actually abuse even.

IMHO This game isn't (and shouldn't be) centered around the market. It's just a way to collect all heads if you really want them.

If you want to farm heads go for it.

The only con I see is that you become less special for having said exploited head since there are a lot of them in the market.

If they wanted to make people feel special, they could have given out an achievement for A+ing everything on insane and normal.

Edited by Th3RealGuy
  • Upvote 1

Well it looks like they listened :P

We will be delaying the ability to sell and trade newly released special unlocks for up to two weeks after release–depending on how long that unlock is available. The prisoner will still be available to unlock as usual and will be present in your inventory. However, you will not be able to sell or trade them until they are rotated out and new prisoners are released. This will help to minimize the creation of duplicates within the market at this time. Big thanks to the Steam Community for the recommendation!

This new policy will start with this week’s special prisoner unlocks. It does not affect special prisoners that were previously released.

http://blog.thebehemoth.com/2014/07/18/bbt-arena-features-and-steam-sellingtrading-on-pause/ Edited by MattDeOntwerper

"What you claim to be a simple solution would presumably be an incredibly difficult thing to patch.

I'm no programmer so I can't claim anything (nor am I an employee of The Behemoth), but you'd have to go change the programming that interacts player trade along with steam inventories, and something like that would be very difficult to synchronize. "

Actually from the delay it took for a head to be set marketable, it has to be done manually, most likely something they can quickly do, like a [] box in a survey. The only difference would be just setting a date for two weeks later.

"IMHO This game isn't (and shouldn't be) centered around the market. It's just a way to collect all heads if you really want them.

If you want to farm heads go for it."

But it isn't centered around the market. Within the one month Meebs was out, it rose from 3 cents after Steam taxes to 4. It was just farmed that much where the heads aren't special. That being said it is still possible to farm heads, you just need two different accounts, both with their own copies of BBT, and both on different PCs. You can still trade them in-game, allowing you to farm as you please, just not in crazy piles upon piles.

Haha I'm pretty sure you just repeated exactly what I said  :-P

- Game isn't centered around the market,

- Makes heads less special.

I didn't see farming heads as a issue, but I'm glad Behemoth fixed it.

It shows they love us and their game, Ya see? NEYAAAAA!

Haha I'm pretty sure you just repeated exactly what I said  :-P

- Game isn't centered around the market,

- Makes heads less special.

I didn't see farming heads as a issue, but I'm glad Behemoth fixed it.

It shows they love us and their game, Ya see? NEYAAAAA!

Oh sorry, I just figured that when you added (and shouldn't) that this post was going towards being centered around the market. I agree though, a nice fix!

• Upvote 1