some people such as , gamefemale or Mr.hatty have been on these forums for so long. It amazes me that you guys still visit the forums even after have joined so long ago. Don't you guys ever get bored of posting? I nly stay active on a forum for 1-4 months before I get tired of it. And even then, I only post 1-3 times a day. So asking, how do people do this? I mean, why go on forums when you can play the game?

Maybe googling "forum addiction" will help you guys out. 

NOTE: I DO NOT INTEND TO HURT ANYONE'S' FEELINGS. I AM JUST ASKING A QUESTION!

This more than likely should be in the Serioustown section of the forums.

And it's not exactly addiction, but more or less boredom that drives people to come here and communicate with others of a similar issue, like Twitter and Facebook.

Edited by MorgLikesGames
  • Upvote 1

I don't really see the problem with visiting a forum regularly, most of us are good friends and the forum is where we can share our interests with people who are probably on the other side of the world, on most other forums, new posters are kinda looked down upon but here, everyone has a chance if they're not being rude or plain not fun to be around, I wouldn't call it forum addiction as much it is hanging out with friends. c:

• Upvote 7

I'm surprised that you've not made a friend on a forum even when you've been on some for 4 months.

4 MONTHS!? I thought he just joined.

No it's because he said he'd been on forums for 1-4 months before getting bored.

I'm surprised that you've not made a friend on a forum even when you've been on some for 4 months.

No it's because he said he'd been on forums for 1-4 months before getting bored.

"I nly stay active on a forum for 1-4 months before I get tired of it" I think he's saying what he will do.

"I nly stay active on a forum for 1-4 months before I get tired of it" I think he's saying what he will do.

Are you sure? The tenses in that sentence are all over the place.

Hey Daikon, look behind you! It's the main topic!

Hey Daikon, look behind you! It's the main topic!

Gah, my God! I didn't know!

Uhhhhhhh.... i lik peopl hear

Elsewhere on the internet, it's really easy to just see other people as just a username or avatar. An anonymous somebody who couldn't care less about who you are or what you think. You're not a part of their lives, and they're not a part of yours, so you don't matter to each other.

But forum communities are different. Over time you get to know the people you log in every other day to talk to. You may never see anybody else's face, but still associate who they are, their likes & dislikes, and even real-life tendencies with their username or avatar.

Getting to know people who live miles and miles away can be fun...and that's probably why I'm still here.  :-) 

• Upvote 4

Sorry about the bad grammar. I suck at typing. Anyways , I was saying that after I join a forum, I can stay active and regularly post on it for like, 4 months, then I kind of leave the forum. Some people stay active on the forums for 5 years which is kinda amazing to me. But I really do like the forums, so who knows if I stay longer :)

EDIT : just realized that I've been here for a month already. I originally came here just for trading purposes on BBT but have grown attached to the forums.

Sorry if there is any poor spelling. Darn AutoCorrect.

Edited by The Epic Dragon
  • Upvote 1

Sorry for double post, but must add: I always do make friends on a forum but still, I silently leave. So far, in 1 month here, no friends no likes so far. But I like being here so.... It doesn't matter too much.

Sorry for double post, but must add: I always do make friends on a forum but still, I silently leave. So far, in 1 month here, no friends no likes so far. But I like being here so.... It doesn't matter too much.

Please use the edit button next time.

The reason people tend to stay on this forum is because we've got a tight community that's not too big or uncontrollable, methinks. We also discourage flaming a lot more than other message boards commonly do.

Also, Daikon, please cool it with the spam.

I was am still on a gaming forum, have been for around 2 years now. I dawdle on it occasionally because the people there are hilarious.

The only reason I stick around is because I enjoy the friends I've made here.  But then again, I have contact with them outside of the forums these days, so I'm on here less and less.

Plus, I'm a Mod, and feel like I should at least be around on a daily basis to keep track of what's going on.

The people here are cool. I'm still around just because I like being able to share news or just talk about stuff with the members that I know here.

I only hover around 2 or 3 sections of the forums though. 'Cuz I'm a stud.

Honestly, it's because this place is fun, and a good place to relax and talk to people I more or less know, since the community is small enough for us to get to know each other. We get to talk about news and stuff and you don't really get bored of it since it's not really a repetitive thing to do, it's like talking with your friends irl, just a bit more digitalised. If you guys hated me or no one knew me, I probably wouldn't have stuck for so long, but this place has really grown on me, and it's a good thing.

• Upvote 1