Sign in to follow this  
TheWingedWaffle524

Music!

What is your favorite genre, artist, song, album, band!?!?

My top 10 songs are:

Summer-Calvin Harris

Latch-Disclosure

Am I wrong - Nico & Vinz

Me and my broken heart - Rixton

Happy - Pharrel Williams

Good time - Owl city

Troublemaker - Olly Murs

Sing - Ed Sheeran

Story of my life - One Direction

Get lucky - Daft Punk

I personally like the soundtrack of almost every single Sonic game. Literally the only 2 Sonic soundtracks I hate are Sonic R and Sonic Free Riders. As for my all time favorite song, it has to be The Lazy Song by Bruno Mars because it perfectly describes me all summer long and on most weekends.

I usually post what I'm listening to ATM in the "What Are You Listening To ATM?" thread (insert link here), but as for my overall favorite music, I listen to a few specific genres in particular.

First, I really enjoy movie/video game soundtracks. This itself could include a ton of things, but soundtrack music is different because overall it's supposed to create an atmosphere without being distracting, which makes it great for listening to while doing homework and stuff. Some of my favorite artists for movie soundtracks are John Williams and Hans Zimmer, while my favorite video game soundtrack composers include Disasterpeace, Jim Guthrie, and Danny Baranowsky.

I also enjoy chiptune music, which is music made using a hacked retro video game console like an NES or a Gameboy. The music is usually very upbeat, melodic, and reminiscent of old video games. The genre itself is small but growing rapidly, and some of my favorite artists are Anamanaguchi (probably the biggest name in chiptune), Nullsleep, Radix, and Slime Girls.

However, there's no beating good old classical music. The instrumentation and style varies a lot and there are some really creative composers and pieces. I really love "The Planets" by Gustav Holst, but I also really like Liebstraum no. 3 by Franz Liszt and Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture. One of my favorite songs ever is "Lion City" by Soon Hee Newbold, which is actually more recent and it's just amazing.

I'm also into electronic/house/dubstep, because sometimes that's just what you need. Feed Me, Deadmau5, Knife Party, Daft Punk, and Madeon all stand out to me.

And then finally, I also enjoy some songs from genres I don't usually pay attention to. I love me some Coldplay (as well as a few other alternative rock groups), there are some jazz musicians I really like, some reggae I'm really into, and heck, there are even a few pop songs I enjoy. Right now one of my favorite songs is an Eminem song, and I normally DESPISE rap. Just goes to show that my interests change over time.

Anyways, that's just a summary of my musical tastes. I might compile a top 10 list, but not right now.

Edited by GoldenGhost

I personally like the soundtrack of almost every single Sonic game. Literally the only 2 Sonic soundtracks I hate are Sonic R and Sonic Free Riders. As for my all time favorite song, it has to be The Lazy Song by Bruno Mars because it perfectly describes me all summer long and on most weekends.

I started reading this and thought "this sounds like gamefemale" and then I realized it was actually gamefemale

Edited by Bloob

SUPER SONIC RACERS

but anyway, I'm a mega nerd that likes video game soundtracks, and I can tolerate most other forms of music, save for most rap.

I mostly listen to video game musics because I hate real music cause real music is evil.

The video gaming musics that I are listen to: Rogue Legacy, Super Meat Man, Binding of Isaac, basically every Mario game ever, basically every Zelda ever, basically ever Donkey Kong Country game, basically every Pokemon game, almost every Sonic game, Terraria, Skullgirls, Castle Crashers, Battleblock Theater, and a bunch of other stuff.

Stuff that isn't of the video game music though: Mysteryskulls, Anamanaguchi and most chiptuney things, basically any song fused with All Star, basically any song fused with Space Jam, and other things that I don't feel like posting.

Edit: I've also been listening to the Crypt of the Necrodancer soundtrack which was done by Danny Baranowski who also did the Super Meat Man and Binding of Isaac soundtracks.

Edited by Ultanoka
  • Upvote 1