So I'm on XBLA trying to complete the last Encore but I swear to gobbledog, the only way to beat this level is to gun it over and over and over again and pray to the almighty gods that you win.

I have a feeling that isn't true so I ask ye, Behemoth Community; how the farts do you beat this level without wanting to light your Xbox aflame?

EDIT: And just for funsies, if you've been keeping count, post how many tries it's taken you to beat this level.

Fairly certain I'm in the 30s mark.

Edited by RicePrezPip

I'm insane so I don't even atempt to beat it on insane. When I was beating the last finale, I died since I landed on the side of the exit but I thought I was in the middle.   

I use to do insane but then I took a rocket to the knee...

I'm insane so I don't even atempt to beat it on insane. When I was beating the last finale, I died since I landed on the side of the exit but I thought I was in the middle.   

I use to do insane but then I took a rocket to the knee...

With how that level is I'd find it easier to do on insane if I'm not going for the A+, saying to time everything right I'd reset upon death anyway!

What I did was gun it until I got to the right side of the screen, and used the upward jumps to put a dart on the wall, go down to some now respawned platforms, climb back up and land on the dart. Afterwards I'd keep using darts to scale the wall, and arrive near where the yarn is, and near the exit!

I managed to a++ it on normal, pretty difficult but as long as you roughly memorize the projectile pattern it's not so bad.

The real tricky part is getting the yarn without having to drop down and run all the way up again...

What part of that level is giving you trouble?

The trick to the 2nd level is to use single hops over most of the platforms. 

Double hops tend to leave you more vulnerable to getting hit.

Use double hops only to avoid the cannon shots at the last second.

By the time you get to the left most part of the 2nd level, use the slide to go underneath the first exploding block and then hop on it.

That should get you up to the third level.  The third level is pretty easy compared to the first 2 levels.  Just take your time.

It took me a day and half to really get the timing down perfectly though.

I also don't think playing it on insane is going to make it harder.

Insane simply doesn't allow you to restart from checkpoints and since the last encore has no checkpoints anyway, it doesn't really matter.