Sign in to follow this  
Archlvt

Hurry it up already!

You guys claim that your patch is going very smoothly and whatnot, hurry up and put it on, seriously, this is wayyy too long for one small patch. It doesn't even matter if it's not finished, something is better than nothing.

If you've fixed even one slight problem, UPLOAD IT! It doesn't need to be perfect, it just needs to be enough to make the game PLAYABLE until the finishing touches are added. You guys have no idea how many potential customers you have lost, and how many of your current players have quit over this. You don't have time to polish it.

Are you high? Blind maybe? Slow? No? Okay well then I'm just going to assume that you are in fact, assuming that the admins are high, blind, and slow. They ARE working on the patch. These things take time. I don't see YOU helping. You are just another annoying user that pisses and moans for no valid reason. How about you take in the fact that after Behemoth creates the patch, they have to test it. Then they have to send it to MS and THEY have to test it. Then approve it. Then send it out. Please, for all of our sakes, get the sand out of your vagina and give these guys a break.

Archlvt, what are you trying to achieve? Joining the forum just to complain and puppy at The Behemoth isn't going to make the patch available sooner.

Quit being a fanboy and see it for what it really is. A small patch that can be done in a couple of hours by a real company.

They did a great job on this game and its obvious that a lot of time and work went into it, if your not patient enough to wait for a patch to fix a few minor problems then go play something else

Less QQ, more pew pew.

everyone already knows how i feel, but i have to disagree with the part about, even if its not finished. the game being rushed is what caused this mess in the first place, dont push for it "even if its not finished" for that reason.(tho they claim to have been finished with it, we're actually waiting for microsoft to stop sitting on it now, as other games give examples of how microsoft fails at testing things).

You guys claim that your patch is going very smoothly and whatnot, hurry up and put it on, seriously, this is wayyy too long for one small patch. It doesn't even matter if it's not finished, something is better than nothing.

If you've fixed even one slight problem, UPLOAD IT! It doesn't need to be perfect, it just needs to be enough to make the game PLAYABLE until the finishing touches are added. You guys have no idea how many potential customers you have lost, and how many of your current players have quit over this. You don't have time to polish it.

I hope you realize how big of a team they are. The Behemoth isn't a huge company. And another thing: patches cost money. More patches = more $$. Therefore, one big patch with as many bugs and glitches fixed as possible is the way to go for them. Current players quiting just because online doesn't always work? For shame. This game isn't all about online. it's a 1-4 player game.

They're working as hard as they can on this, and all you can do is whine about it. Be patient; this isn't the only game that took awhile to fix.

Whoa dude calm down man... too many gummy bears eh? The folks over at Behemoth are working their..."animal orbs"-kelly, off to get everything as awesome as it can get... let them have as much time as they need for the patch. :D

My only input is this: name one XBLA game that has taken a month or less to be patched within the the next tenth of a second. Time's up, you're correct! There never has been one! Celebration for the discovery of realization!

Plus, if it WAS handed in right now to get to us for patching, Microsoft still has to go through it for certification. That itself takes forever (we're talking about Microsoft, really).

So please remain calm for the time preceding until the patch is released. Thank you.

I hope you realize how big of a team they are. The Behemoth isn't a huge company. And another thing: patches cost money. More patches = more $$. Therefore, one big patch with as many bugs and glitches fixed as possible is the way to go for them. Current players quiting just because online doesn't always work? For shame. This game isn't all about online. it's a 1-4 player game.

They're working as hard as they can on this, and all you can do is whine about it. Be patient; this isn't the only game that took awhile to fix.

And that money comes out of the behemoths pocket meaning less awesome games .... and we dont want that :(

everyone already knows how i feel, but i have to disagree with the part about, even if its not finished. the game being rushed is what caused this mess in the first place, dont push for it "even if its not finished" for that reason.(tho they claim to have been finished with it, we're actually waiting for microsoft to stop sitting on it now, as other games give examples of how microsoft fails at testing things).

You clearly haven't been paying attention and don't understand the situation.

This game wasn't rushed.

The problems didn't appear till the game went public, EVEN AFTER EXTENSIVE MICROSOFT QUALITY ASSURANCE.

This has been covered DOZENS of times by the staff at The Behemoth.

Personally the game shouldn't have this many glitches and errors with it in the first place, almost unplayable xbox live, data and saves being erased (i lost every thing recently) and other things such as the boomerang exploit which has made the game quite easy to level up, the leader boards are messed (if any one even cares about them, i dont) and every one is near to 99, were all uneven (dont say dont use it then, i know you've used it) so really yeah..it must of been hard not to spot all these errors unless they didn't really go through beta testing much. Ultimately you cant speed up there progress though, so i guess the people around you are right. Dont put all the excuses on claims that all these errors only appeared after it was released publically, because it basically is through there fault that the game is like what it is, compair it to other games, ive never seen a game with so many bugs and such, care to share?

EDIT: Excuse my poor choice of words, its late, perhaps "bugs" should replace glitches.

ah, now you are going to incur the wrath of the blind allegiance. I've read several games with issues like mecenaries 2, but i'll go into detail on the one i personally dealt with, ninja gaiden 2. originally it was fine with the exception of chapter 10, which was buggy as hell. they released a few patches, and the one that was to enable the game to play the downloadable mission mode completely locked the main game up anytime a cutscene played, meaning all they had to do was hit new game and watch it lock up in the intro cutscene. even after it was found out about locking the main game up, they kept patch up for 2 months, and on this, they coulda just rolled it back to the previous patch till they fixed it, but they didnt. So dont tell me about microsoft's "high quality" testing, when they couldnt even be bothered to hit new game at the title screen on ninja gaiden, stop sucking up to microsoft.

I'm somewhere in the middle on this one.

The guys didn't put out this game in a broken state on purpose and I'm sure they are just as put off by the situation as anyone else. I've worked in several different facets of the IT development industry (programming, testing, software deployment, database administration) and I'll be the first person to tell you that things like this happen all the time, every day. There is no real way to test software against every possible environment it will used in. There are too many hardware and software manufacturers. Granted, in this case, we're talking about a unified platform (Xbox 360), but from the cable on the 360 out there's any number of servers, routers, modems, connections... It's a logistical nightmare. They could have probably used some external beta testing, maybe a few hundred users, and most of this would have been caught BUT this is a small development team and they have limited resources... So there needs to be some slack given.

However, this kid has every right to be irked. He could use a little finesse in his choice of words, but this is not a 'bug' we're talking about. This is a semi-RPG that erases HOURS of character progression. Not only that, there are nearly a hundred items to be collected in the game which can ALSO be erased in a heartbeat as well as any and all gold. Finally, this is a online multiplayer game with a 4 player co-op mode and a battle mode, both of which don't work online.

Bottom line is that it's a piss-poor situation, but if everyone involved has patience and open communication it can be fixed.

My big thing is trusting microsoft to test, as the ninja gaident 2 issue had no exceptions on the systems it froze up on. they just tested that the mission mode worked, without checking main game at all for conflicts, as said, all they had to do was hit new game to find the bugs in that section.(again, ALL were affected by that game crashing bug in the NG2 patch, NO exceptions.)

Guest EternalGamer

I have tried to be patient over the last month, but I think these guys are getting close to loosing any future purchases from me. I bought Alien Hominid the day it came out on the PS2 and again on XBLA and I bought Castle Crashers the first day, sight unseen. I have always admired their talent and creativity, but I draw the line at giving us a game that is completely broken with only a couple of sentences of explanation over a period that is now approaching a month and a half.

The break down of communication is what annoys me the most. There are a lot of us that bought this game on the good will that the co-op would work as advertised. And when the problems were discovered, we didn't even hear from them for a couple of days due to them being at PAX. When they did acknowledge the problem, the completely underplayed its significance talking about how "some people" were having online problems. The online is completely broken. It is isn't just sometimes or for some people. You are lucky if you can keep a game going with even one other person for any reasonable length of time. More than 2 players is a miracle for any length of time at all. This is on top of all the ridiculous saving problems and other glitches and all we get in response from them is maybe five or six sentences on the topic over the course of the next month and half.

Just this past weekend I convinced ANOTHER friend to pick it up for the impending patch. He is the fourth person I have sold on the game but I feel embarassed to have to continually explain to them that a patch is supposed to be coming "soon." I shouldn't even still be recommending the game at this point, but I figured, "Hey, it's been nearly a month and half" surely it will be SOON right? But I come here today hoping for at least some additional information on even a vague estimate of when it might be finished and all I find is the same front page that they've had up from 12 days ago saying it will be "soon."

I'm sure this isn't all the result of some nefarious motive and that there are good reasons for both the lack of communication and the lack of any expedient fix for their broken game. But regardless of their intentions, they have succeeded in irritating a lot of fans by this point. If you ever bought a game at the store and you couldn't play it for nearly a month and half due to bug problems, you'd be very pissed. You shouldn't be any less so just because this is a download game by a small team. It is completely unprofessional and unjustifiable.

I have tried to be patient over the last month, but I think these guys are getting close to loosing any future purchases from me. I bought Alien Hominid the day it came out on the PS2 and again on XBLA and I bought Castle Crashers the first day, sight unseen. I have always admired their talent and creativity, but I draw the line at giving us a game that is completely broken with only a couple of sentences of explanation over a period that is now approaching a month and a half.

The break down of communication is what annoys me the most. There are a lot of us that bought this game on the good will that the co-op would work as advertised. And when the problems were discovered, we didn't even hear from them for a couple of days due to them being at PAX. When they did acknowledge the problem, the completely underplayed its significance talking about how "some people" were having online problems. The online is completely broken. It is isn't just sometimes or for some people. You are lucky if you can keep a game going with even one other person for any reasonable length of time. More than 2 players is a miracle for any length of time at all. This is on top of all the ridiculous saving problems and other glitches and all we get in response from them is maybe five or six sentences on the topic over the course of the next month and half.

Just this past weekend I convinced ANOTHER friend to pick it up for the impending patch. He is the fourth person I have sold on the game but I feel embarassed to have to continually explain to them that a patch is supposed to be coming "soon." I shouldn't even still be recommending the game at this point, but I figured, "Hey, it's been nearly a month and half" surely it will be SOON right? But I come here today hoping for at least some additional information on even a vague estimate of when it might be finished and all I find is the same front page that they've had up from 12 days ago saying it will be "soon."

I'm sure this isn't all the result of some nefarious motive and that there are good reasons for both the lack of communication and the lack of any expedient fix for their broken game. But regardless of their intentions, they have succeeded in irritating a lot of fans by this point. If you ever bought a game at the store and you couldn't play it for nearly a month and half due to bug problems, you'd be very pissed. You shouldn't be any less so just because this is a download game by a small team. It is completely unprofessional and unjustifiable.

Nice EternalGamer very nice ;) i couldn't agree more. It's the LACK of information that pisses me (and a lot of other players) off.

Mr+Painless.png

There's at least 3 companies involved in testing between creating a patch and pushing it to Live (see the end credits for every Xbox game ever). Forgive the Behemoth for not having all the details.

There's at least 3 companies involved in testing between creating a patch and pushing it to Live (see the end credits for every Xbox game ever). Forgive the Behemoth for not having all the details.

Psh. Who reads the credits? That's for people that actually want to be completely grounded in their arguments and complaints that the patch is taking too long. Shame on you for making sense! :P

Psh. Who reads the credits? That's for people that actually want to be completely grounded in their arguments and complaints that the patch is taking too long. Shame on you for making sense! :P

Lycaon, that was kind of scary, but like correct in a way :?: Good on the comeback 8-)