Sign in to follow this  
megan

Happy Birthday, Castle Crashers! (Enter To Win A Postcard)

On August 27, 2008, we released a 4-player co-op action adventure on XBLA and now we’re here to celebrate its sixth year out in the world.

Since our initial release, Castle Crashers has also made its way to PlayStation Network and Steam for Windows & Mac. In celebration of this anniversary, we’ll be giving out some goodies throughout the day!

FeaturePost_GIRAFFEY.jpg

First, let’s start with the Giraffey unlock inBattleBlock Theater. All you’ll need to do is load up the game and head to an online area to unlock this special character. Also, if you haven’t done so already, you can unlock Barbarian by completing Furbottom’s Features this week.

Next, keep an eye on our Twitter for a chance to win either a game code or some Necromancer postcards. You can also enter to get a Necromancer postcard in this forum thread! Just reply below with who your favorite Castle Crashers boss is and why, then you automatically get entered to win a pack of 3 Necromancer postcards. We'll choose a few winners next Wednesday, September 3rd!

265bbc66ab57238c7aa0ea9c823289d4_large.j

Thank you to all the people who have played Castle Crashers!

• Upvote 3

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CC!

My favorite boss would have to be the painter because, One: Hes the only thing in the game that can technically talk, Two, He spawns cartoony creatures Three he is just awesome overall!

Oh and Four in his boss fight you get the unicorn horn weapon.

And just a side note, its castle crashers birthday, you should make a new CC DLC like a knight with a party hat nstead of making it for BBT.

Edited by Potatofarm71

Happy birthday, Castle Crashers!

My favorite boss is the Painter boss, because he's so unique from the other bosses in various ways. He attacks you with Newgrounds mascots; I'm confused how this isn't supposed to be cool.

And rainbow blood. Don't forget the rainbow blood.

My favorite boss is the Conehead Groom.

For one, he's a conehead. Moving on, he has quite possibly the coolest chain of levels: wedding crash, then cart ride, thieves, bombs and confetti included. He's also the only boss with a Light Saber(pfft, totally not lightsaber). The boss fight music was killer too, that sweet organ combined with a twisted wedding theme, throw in cannons and you have yourself the best boss fight.

This was a hard choice between him, the Catfish, the Necromancer, the Cyclops and the Barbarian boss.

Primarily it came down to him versus the Cyclops, which is just a tad bit ironic. The Cyclops comes second, mainly due to the music.

Oh, and Happy Birthday, Castle Crashers!

Happy 6th Birthday Castle Crashers!

My favorite boss is the Dead Cyclops since he is a bad-a** and he raises his thumb as a refference to one of my favorite movies. He also can throw daggers at you and he can swing a coffin. I also love the sound effect when he is coming up in the elevator. It was hard to chose between him and the Necromancer, but the Cyclops is a boss that kills you to avenge his son? The cyclops can jump on the coffin and squish you like a bug. He is one of the coolest designed bosses (Thanks Dan!). The postcard is like a b-day present for me since if I won, it would probuably come around my birthday (9/26). Once again, Happy 6th B-day Castle Crashers!

Edited by Cat Guard

I would have to say my favorite boss is the evil wizard.

I just thought he was the most fun to fight,and it was funny when he tries to trick you with the chest.

Happy 6th Birthday Castle Crashers.

Happy Birthday to You

Happy Birthday to You

Happy Birthday Dear CCeeeeeee

Happy Birthday to You.

My favourite boss is Pipistrello, because he's bean shaped, got a poopy butt and, and, and when you get to him for the first time your like "Oh, this guy looks silly, he's gonna be easy," and then he just RECKS you in, like, one hit with his tongue and you're like "ahhhhhhh" and you have to go through the whole level again but it's still fun because the game's awesome and then you beat him because you actually think to block, and then he fart his size off and you laugh all like "hahahaha" and then you get to keep him forever and it's AWESOME!!! *GASP*

Thanks for making such an awesome game.

Edited by daikonboy101

Happy Birthday Castle Crashers! It's been a great six years.  :-)

Speaking of Castle Crashers, I'd say that my favourite boss of the game is Medusa. Sure she's tough, but the reason she tops my list is that; despite not having a single complete mirror in her entire temple, she manages to maintain her perfectly groomed appearance! I mean, you don't get snake-hair looking like that without some degree of effort. Maybe she was born with some innate affinity for fashion, or something.

Happy Birthday Castle Crashers! It's been a great six years.  :-)

Speaking of Castle Crashers, I'd say that my favourite boss of the game is Medusa. Sure she's tough, but the reason she tops my list is that; despite not having a single complete mirror in her entire temple, she manages to maintain her perfectly groomed appearance! I mean, you don't get snake-hair looking like that without some degree of effort. Maybe she was born with some innate affinity for fashion, or something.

Greek myths say she was a beautiful woman and she dated a god who a goddess hated. the goddess made medusa ugly to get the god mad. thats why medusa is so ugly (but still has nice hair). according to greek myths.

Happy Birthday CC!! 

My favorite boss would have to be the Sock Puppet Dragon!

You have to fight him to get the steering wheel for the boat.

He is a very unique boss that I really enjoyed beating to a pulp.

He has a sock that has a mind of his own! Who knew an evil doer could be Pre-shrunk and Cottony!

Oh joy! A new head for my collection!

Honestly, I can't choose between the Corn, Painter, or Sock Puppet Dragon! Although I will say that I don't know why BehemothChicken is mentioning a steering wheel. I guess I fought him wrong? I just flew up and hit him with arrows for a good 20 minutes.

Happy birthday!

My favorite Castle Crashers boss is the Sock Puppet Dragon.

Clearly he is the most evil since he can bend cloth minions to his will... Or is the Sock really in control and the dragon is the minion?

My favorite Castle Crashers boss would definitely have to be the Corn boss.

I like how the peasantry created a ginormous corn on a cob turned evil for no apparent reason.

Plus free popcorn! Even if it only heals 1HP per.

Happy Birthday!! My favorite boss would probably be the barbarian boss because when I first encountered the smaller version of him (the guy that gets crushed) I was like oh dang and then he burst from the door and I was like WHAT!!! I then proceeded to crack up. Thank you Behemoth.

Happy birthday CC! Still my favorite game!

My favorite boss would have to be the first Cyclops fight cause the first time I fought him I for a moment questioned who was the good guy and who was the bad guy, because he was only trying to avenge his best friends death and take revenge.

he was only trying to avenge his best friends death and take revenge.

Castlepedia claims that the Cyclops is his father so *sassy voice* "get it right, GOSH!"

Happy Birthday CC!!!

its so hard to choose a fav boss, they are all amazing in one way or another but i think my fav would be the barbarian boss fight, prob not the actual boss himself, but his entrance. the first time you see it, is damn hilarious  saw the sandwich guy standing there yelling thinking, oh he's a bit bigger than me, might take a bit to kill, then bang bang, door falls down and the REAL boss enters the arena. 

Happy Birthday, Castle Crashers!!

It's really hard to choose just one favorite boss, but, I  think I'm gonna go with the Necromancer! His boss music is awesome and raising the dead is a sweet power. Throughout the game you see him reviving the dead and summoning skeletons to fight for him, but you don't get to actually face the Necromancer himself. This builds up to the final encounter with him, where you eventually get to face him one-on-one! ...Or four-on-one. Depending.

• Upvote 1

My favorite boss from Castle Crashers has to be the final wizard boss because when I defeated the 1st phase of him for the first time I thought, YES, I BEATEN THE GAME! Then the game goes like PSYCHE and a creepy spider version of him comes outta that chest! Plus when I finally beat him, I get a lava sword in which in my opinion is the best sword in the entire game.