IndustrialKnight

How Long Can It Last?

Mods, feel free to move this topic around where it belongs (serioustown or whatever)

I was just recently wondering about the age of this forum. Some people have been around for 6 years, be it some years active and some years not. But I'm curious how long this place can last. Older members often say how the forum is dying and that it's slowly losing members. So how long do you think the forum can stay thriving. I can't pin point any year or anything but 20 or 10 more years sounds reasonable. But that brings up another point. How long do you plan on staying on the forums, some of you have been here since the beginning, and do you plan on still posting till death of the forum or yourself. I wish I can say that I'll stay here for life. But the thought that something will cut me off from the forum comes to mind. What if someone from here passes away? We would have no idea. I actually find it better if people would say that they're leaving instead of just disappearing randomly. (and I know it's frowned upon but maybe not as a topic but more of a post that you're leaving)

tl;dr version. How long can the forums last? How long do you think you'll stay.

Sorry if this is 2serious4u, but just something that has been going through my head for a while.

• Upvote 3

I'm staying till I get a job at The Behemoth (Which may or my not be my life time goal)

But if I ever do get a job in that glorious place I'll probably stay active on here anyways.... so... I dunno we all gotta die sometime right?

I'm staying till Cat Guard & I get jobs at The Behemoth (Which may or my not be our life time goal)

But if I ever do get a job in that glorious place we'll probably stay active on here anyways.... so... I dunno we all gotta die sometime right?

We have the same dream job

I've been here since 2008, and people have come and gone ever since (including me!). A lot of them return, but most of them don't...which sounds kind of sad, but it's pretty standard for an internet community. Friends tend to stay in touch, anyway.

I wouldn't say this place is dying, though. Even since I came back last year there's been a pretty steady stream of new users signing up and older users leaving.

And back when I first became a mod, I thought I'd be here forever. But then I started posting less and less, and eventually just stopped altogether. I didn't announce it or anything, and I was still in touch with a few active users at the time, so it was all good.

Being a mod might have had something to do with my return, but I like to think that even if I hadn't become a mod, I would have come back.

Regardless, I think that as long as The Behemoth is making games, there will be a community here.  :-) 

• Upvote 2

as long as I have this, I will try to stay. If I lose computer, I'll have to make a new account which I'll go " hay I'm Cat Guard, my PC got lost' or something...

as long as I have this, I will try to stay. If I lose computer, I'll have to make a new account which I'll go " hay I'm Cat Guard, my PC got lost' or something...

Can't you just sign in on any computer with that profile?

Can't you just sign in on any computer with that profile?

Forgot my password... :P