Sign in to follow this  
Potatofarm71

New Gameplay Teaser

The new game play trailer just came out (here)

So now that we see some new footage we can have more of an idea on what the game is about

This thread is for an open discussion on what Game 4 may be.

My theory is that this is like a a sort of Tower defense or a game like warhammer 40k where you control your heroes and defend a castle or something like that but this game looks AWESOME!

Me and RTS don't get along very well since... I guess technically my first and only RTS was whatever Tribal and Civ stage were in SPORE *shudders*, so when I saw the thumbnail for the gameplay trailer video I was like, "Eh, I dunno 'bout this..."

And then I saw that there's lots of customization and RPG elements and EXPLORATION, and then I said, "YUP ALRIGHT, SIGN ME UP."

So many enemies! So many characters! So many environments! I'm happy C:

I played it today at PAX.

It's turn-based strategy, highly dependent on positioning.

The combat system is very simple and easy to pick up, but it allows for a lot of strategy. The characters will randomly choose a target based on the enemies in reach (yes, this includes your units), so it allows for strategies such as keeping your weaker units nearby your other units to decrease the chance of the weaker character being hit if an enemy is nearby.

As far as I know, the protagonists are Horatio (great defense), Pipistrella (strong against characters with helmets), and Yosef (ranged fighter). I believe that the girl on the boat in 0:06 (Sofia?) is another protagonist, but that's where the demo ended, so I'm not entirely sure.

I'll post a bit of gameplay footage I got at PAX at some point tomorrow. Before you ask, it is incredibly fun. I'm not even that much into turn-based strategy, but this game is already looking marvelous.

• Upvote 7

The combat system is very simple and easy to pick up, but it allows for a lot of strategy. The characters will randomly choose a target based on the enemies in reach (yes, this includes your units), so it allows for strategies such as keeping your weaker units nearby your other units to decrease the chance of the weaker character being hit if an enemy is nearby.

As far as I know, the protagonists are Horatio (great defense), Pipistrella (strong against characters with helmets), and Yosef (ranged fighter). I believe that the girl on the boat in 0:06 (Sofia?) is another protagonist, but that's where the demo ended, so I'm not entirely sure.

I'll post a bit of gameplay footage I got at PAX at some point tomorrow. Before you ask, it is incredibly fun. I'm not even that much into turn-based strategy, but this game is already looking marvelous.

Thanks! give us a link to the footage tomorrow.

It's not often I play RTS/Strategy games anymore, but this looks like a lot of fun. 

Especially the customisation and RPG elements.  :-D 

It's not often I play RTS/Strategy games anymore, but this looks like a lot of fun. 

Especially the customisation and RPG elements.  :-D 

EXACTLY what im thinking

Looks like Castle Crashers, Skyrim, Binding Of Isaac, Don't Starve, and 10 other games combined.It should also be about time Behemoth puts a newgrounds easter egg into the game, like stuff from Edmund (if he approves) and add like.......secret bosses and other stuff.....like Tri-Achnid, Gish, C.H.A.D., and Steven (btw that's who I am going to be for Halloween)

Interesting...While what you posted has some base structure of FE gameplay, this game seems to try to seperate people instead of bring them together?...Odd yet interesting...

I'm pretty pumped for this. Castle Crashers has always been my favorite Behemoth game because of its amazing co-op experience, and the way co-op is supposed to define Game 4 makes me pretty excited. I'm also a fan of how you can customize your team and stuff; that will probably shove in some more replay value for rare unlockable items.

EDIT: Now that I have seen the post from the guy who actually went to PAX, maybe I have the wrong impression. Strategy is fine though; that's what I thought Game 4 would be anyways.

Edited by Henryo

I was really not into turn based strategy games until I played Pokémon HeartGold. To this day, I think Pokémon is the only turn based strategy game I found fun, which is why I'm now extremely cautious about Game 4. I'll still buy it and play it because it's The Behemoth, but I'm not sure if I'll have fun with this game or not.

They just showed off the demo on ScrewAttack's Twitch channel, the vod is here. (Go to 02:18:00)

It looks really cool, I really like how they seemed to have streamlined the movement and attacking in a turn-based strategy game.

Here's a small bit of gameplay I filmed. The second half is mostly just the trailer stuff from the opening post.

I'm heartbroken I can't go. *sob sob sob*

Here's a small bit of gameplay I filmed. The second half is mostly just the trailer stuff from the opening post.

I'm heartbroken I can't go. *sob sob sob*

Theres always next year.