Sign in to follow this  
Behemoth_Erin

[5-Sep-2014] Solo Feature - Holy Heck, These Are Some Good Levels!

Theme, solid mechanics, puzzles and challenges I haven't seen before? Yup, sounds like we have another great Furbottom's Feature on our hands!

Solo Feature:

Heaven to Hell by SnakeBD

This week's feature starts in the clouds and ends somewhere... well, a bit more painful. Although challenging, the early sequences in this playlist keep everything nice and out in the open. A quick sashay down the fluffy ferdinands here, a rocket ride through the spiky skies there.

More terrestrial life joins you on the grassy green earth, with some very crafty duck and tofu puzzles added to the mix. Even later on, the tricks get even trickier once all heck has broken lose, with impossible situations at every turn, and no guarantees on what is real. Sure, those spikes are covered by solid ground. Why wouldn't they be? Yet, despite the playlist's theme giving SnakeBD a license to torment his captive audience, there's always a hint about the dangers hidden up ahead. Speaking of hints...

2014-09-05_00008.jpg

2014-09-05_00003.jpg

2014-09-05_00009.jpg

What better way to travel as high (or as low) as you need to go then by UFO? 

FeaturePost_CatControl.jpg

Of course, it will also be attached to your head, so flying might be out of the question without some additional propulsion...

[solo Feature Sep 4 2014]

This playlist is a horrible, cheap playlist. It will often kill you in ways which are unfair to  the player, and make it near impossible at times. One section in level Underground II requires you to reset it until the level is timed right to get past the cannon. I advise you do not play this. 

I rank this 1/10.

• Upvote 3

dude... these levels are infuriating as fudge... just the gosh darn stupid time trial and the last 3 then youuuuu caaaaaan suck it. Make more levels cause i feel pro every time I beat one gg :3

I sadly have to agree. The underground section is mostly trial and error, which quickly becomes irritating. I can only imagine what horrors await in the finale. Guess that's why that section is called Hell.

Underground III also doesn't have any arrow signs, so I have no idea where I'm meant to go. If you're in it for the head, try your best, but otherwise, just wait till the head's released on the market. 

EDIT: Can the playlist creator tweak it at all or once it's submitted is that it, no more changes?

Edited by RicePrezPip

fully agree, up to the finale and this group of levels are just cheap, super cheap.

i know BBT is spose to be difficult but this playlist needs tweaking before it should have won a feature

fully agree, up to the finale and this group of levels are just cheap, super cheap.

i know BBT is spose to be difficult but this playlist needs tweaking before it should have won a feature

So wait, the finale's easier?

How did you beat Underground III?

No the finale is not easier if anything it is almost impossible.  This whole playlist is a rage list meant to piss players off.  If it can't be beaten on insane mode by one of the members of the company they shouldn't have uploaded.  It is pathetic and unfair to the players.

I was able to beat all the levels pretty easily, that is until I got to the finale. The first part was OK but the second was a living nightmare. It took me 3 hours to beat the finale, but it was all worth a cat in a spaceship :D

with great vengence and furious anger!!!

i dunno really, just persisted i guess but the finale is batshit hard, ridiculous even getting to the first check point, let alone over the damn raccoon with air blowers pushing u down

Oh. I would try persisting but completing Insane Mode solo has kinda shortened my patience a little.

Also, I just attempted the previous Co-Op playlist's finale and it gave me the head after the first level so, if you want the head, just grab a buddy and go do that.

So far only one person on the Steam discussion posted a screenshot showing that he DID indeed beat the feature.

If you guys really want the head though, you can also get it by re-beating the co-op feature.

• Upvote 1

Seems like the controversy over this level is still heating up...And it's only been a day.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/238460/discussions/1/613935404097365595/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/238460/discussions/1/613935404098275663/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/238460/discussions/10/613935404080434351/

Let me bring in some quotes.

"Ok behemoth guys and gals, how much did he bribe you?"

"Even if I knew what I was doing, took more luck than skill. Quit after so many tries."

"This feels like I'm playing nightmare/insane mode on normal. Everything is super tight timing, and tons and tons of time wasting trial and error. I think it'd be fun if scalled back a bit difficulty wise. Please don't relase such difficult features in the future. It seems everyone speaking up is having more frustration than fun."

"This solo feature is not challenging, it's a 'die and learn' made levels with cheap tricks to ensure you die on your first runs.

It does not fit the style of battleblock theater and is not 'challenging' - Also since this game uses RNG for all timings such as blocks, cannon shots, and saws speed running this map on insane difficulty is atrocious. Go ahead and try and do the same run twice, or even do it at all."

"Started the invisible block/spike maps, these maps really are annoying. I guess this is the first week I'm going to miss the unlock since owning the game. I rather just buy the head for a few cents later than waste any more of my time with this."

Oh hey, how about a quote from the ONLY user to post saying he did it?

"I'm ashamed to say that I played through these levels for over two hours, but after much trial and error, raging, and countless prayers to the above, I finally finished this awful playlist. I am not filled with any amount of satisfaction; I am just frustrated that I wasted so much of my time.

I knew right away that this was created to put enemies and random, unfortunate strangers through a series of gruesome tests to which there seems no end. I have down-rated this playlist, which I, and apparently a lot of people above my post, never do. I hope to never see another playlist of this quality keeping me from such an adorable star head.

I agree with USERNAME's post above mine. "Those levels should be played by some average players before approving." Please, consider your community before making us endure such hell."

Please Behemoth devs. Collect every gem and yarn in each level. If it takes more then two hours, I'm sure it's a bad choice.

Edited by JadeFlames
  • Upvote 2

Why did this level have to be featured.

Why did it have to be for my favorite star head.

But yeah, this REALLY should not have been a feature, it isn't challenging, its cheap.

I will post here what I have posted on the Steam discussions...

Most users find playlists like this hard because of the way the checkpoints are handled when implemented. Bad checkpoint areas will cause users to not focus on the game and then generally describe the playlist as "hard" or "difficult".

You will also find most users haven't yet fully completed the game in solo-mode so their skills are quite subpar compared to others.

I've finished the game on Insane mode solo and found this positively dreadful.

I personally hate this kind of hard, because it quickly stops being fun. Especially when game/level designers make super hard difficulty the sole selling point of whatever they've created. I dislike Super Meat Boy and Bit.Trip Runner, for this same reason.

I don't know about you, but I like playing stuff I can beat without going "GOD FINALLY". I wanna feel accomplished when I beat something, not relieved that I don't have to sit through that hell anymore. There's something about continuously dying over and over again that doesn't appeal to me.

Edited by RicePrezPip

Funny that this map was made by a guy who was screwing with his friends.  He never meant for it to be picked or at least that is what I have read.  It is horrible that they couldn't have tested the maps out themselves before posting as the playlist for the head.

As I have stated before Behemoth if one of you can't play through the playlist on Insane mode and get a perfect score do not pick it as a playlist.

Why did this level have to be featured.

Why did it have to be for my favorite star head.

But yeah, this REALLY should not have been a feature, it isn't challenging, its cheap.

I will post here what I have posted on the Steam discussions...

Most users find playlists like this hard because of the way the checkpoints are handled when implemented. Bad checkpoint areas will cause users to not focus on the game and then generally describe the playlist as "hard" or "difficult".

You will also find most users haven't yet fully completed the game in solo-mode so their skills are quite subpar compared to others.

I finished insane mode solo star, so I dunno if I'm still sup par. I'm stuck on underground 2

While the map is still difficult as heck, SnakeBD had the following to say in the description of the playlist, and one of the discussions..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heaven to Not so Hell (fixed levels)
This playlist was only designed just to annoy some friends that I had. now i fix some of the problems. 

Cat controll make some people crazy.

Heaven II    :
remove the spikes that were near the teleporter.

Earth III    :
Easier access to the secret level.

Underground II    :
1 more checkpoint and the first part is more easier

Underground III    :
Find for yourself, this level this level is the cause of the first strong reviews and the hate. this was designed to ♥♥♥♥ some friends. i never desingned this to get featured.

Hell I & II    :
+ 60 sec, more checkpoints and more easier (not much)

thats all

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Note: Broken English is due to SnakeBD using Google Translate, English is not his first language.)

So yea, he has fixed up at least some of the levels. While they are still VERY difficult, it isn't AS difficult.
Edited by JadeFlames