Zytten13

What Do You Think About Steam Store's New Look?

It's going to take some getting used to but I think it's okay, I don't understand why Steam is going blue all of the sudden but meh.

It's going to take some getting used to but I think it's okay, I don't understand why Steam is going blue all of the sudden but meh.

Hey, blue is the color of Sonic. Sonic is love, Sonic is life!

Same reason as social media sites, I'd assume.  Scientific studies have shown that blue light keeps you awake more than other colors, thus keeping you around longer to earn the company money.  Which I understand for something like Facebook, but it doesn't seem like it'd be as good for Steam.  I'm more upset since Steam has had a black layout for a very long time, so I hate the change.

Same reason as social media sites, I'd assume.  Scientific studies have shown that blue light keeps you awake more than other colors, thus keeping you around longer to earn the company money.  Which I understand for something like Facebook, but it doesn't seem like it'd be as good for Steam.  I'm more upset since Steam has had a black layout for a very long time, so I hate the change.

I believe it used to be green once upon a time. It's okay, I guess... I'm not loving the new layout and I'm also not hating it.

I don't like it all that much, yeah I will probably get used to it but if its not broken don't fix it. It was practically perfect before everything was simple and easy to get to the games you wanted and clogging up the entire homepage with just recommended games is just a waste.

• Upvote 1

I believe it used to be green once upon a time. It's okay, I guess... I'm not loving the new layout and I'm also not hating it.

Yes, back in the day, it was an olive green color.  Man, those were the days.  But I actually liked the transition over to the black layout when that happened, this, however, looks just ugly to me.

• Upvote 2

Yes, back in the day, it was an olive green color.  Man, those were the days.  But I actually liked the transition over to the black layout when that happened, this, however, looks just ugly to me.

Had no idea it used to be green.. kind of curious what it looked like back then now. Might try and dig up a picture.

Had no idea it used to be green.. kind of curious what it looked like back then now. Might try and dig up a picture.

It was pretty cool.  I've been on Steam for a VERY long time, and I remember the days of playing Counter Strike with that olive green layout and just feeling totally awesome.  Super nostalgic thinking about it now.  Man, I miss being young.

#BrokenQuoteFTW

• Upvote 1