Hatty Hominid

Less Users On The Forums?

My response, copied from the thread: 'How Long Can It Last?'

I've been here since 2008, and people have come and gone ever since (including me!). A lot of them return, but most of them don't...which sounds kind of sad, but it's pretty standard for an internet community. Friends tend to stay in touch, anyway.

I wouldn't say this place is dying, though. Even since I came back last year there's been a pretty steady stream of new users signing up and older users leaving.

There's a bit of a topic overlap here, but I guess we can keep both threads open for now.

My response, copied from the thread: 'How Long Can It Last?'

I've been here since 2008, and people have come and gone ever since (including me!). A lot of them return, but most of them don't...which sounds kind of sad, but it's pretty standard for an internet community. Friends tend to stay in touch, anyway.

I wouldn't say this place is dying, though. Even since I came back last year there's been a pretty steady stream of new users signing up and older users leaving.

There's a bit of a topic overlap here, but I guess we can keep both threads open for now.

Oh sorry, Did not know that was there. I typed "users leaving" and nothing came up so I decided no one had done it before

• Upvote 1

I'd say they're are about 10-12 active people on the forums which while small for most forum groups I quite like as it gives you more opportunity to get to know everyone.

• Upvote 1

I'd say they're are about 10-12 active people on the forums which while small for most forum groups I quite like as it gives you more opportunity to get to know everyone.

Yeah that is defiantly a plus

Been here since 2010, pretty much can attest to everything Chris said.

People come and go and etc, but the ones that stay long enough become well enough known, we're like a small town out in the country where everyone knows each other, or a bar/pub with daily regulars a la Cheers.

That being said, the forums are never going to be as dead as early 2011. We had one post a day on a good week, or at least it felt like that. Nearly everyone left (including me, for the time).

• Upvote 3

People come and go and etc, but the ones that stay long enough become well enough known, we're like a small town out in the country where everyone knows each other, or a bar/pub with daily regulars a la Cheers.

That being said, the forums are never going to be as dead as early 2011. We had one post a day on a good week, or at least it felt like that. Nearly everyone left (including me, for the time).

In just about every thread, Zane solves everyone's problems and answers every question... how is he not a mod yet?!?!?!?

In just about every thread, Zane solves everyone's problems and answers every question... how is he not a mod yet?!?!?!?

You can all make a difference, let your voices be heard!

• Upvote 2

You can all make a difference, let your voices be heard!

Might we recommend a different browser?

Your browser is out of date and not supported. Please update here:

But its.... toooooo harrrrrd :?  :?  :?

I'm getting comfy here, it's cozy. I don't think I'll leave again, unless I have some kind of revelation that tells me to not waste more time in forums.  ^_^

• Upvote 3

Yes, I do realize how it's not so active. I mean I am pretty active, and I just signed up. Have you ever checked the Minecraft Forums? Very active, but awful community. Ever check the LEGO forums? Best comnunity, best activity, etc. But here? In the middle...

• Upvote 1

Yeah, the forums are half-dead at the moment. But activity will raise up as there'll be more news about Game 4.

When Game 4 actually releases, this community will experience an activity boom for, maybe, one or two years. After that, only 10-12 active users will stay, just like now. That's how it works.

I don't log in here often mainly because of the low activity. That's kind of ironic.

Edited by Timkinut
  • Upvote 2

I don't come here sometimes because of Brady. Brady, is the only member I wouldn't mind leaving. Call me rude. IDC.

Its ok, I feel like that about 8Bitten, since he hates me for reasons I don't know.

I for one joined the forums to keep up to date on the star heads being released for BBT. I mostly come check the forum every couple days to see if anything interesting is being said. Plan for an explosion of activity once Game 4 gets released on the One and then again when released on Steam.

• Upvote 1

I for one joined the forums to keep up to date on the star heads being released for BBT. I mostly come check the forum every couple days to see if anything interesting is being said. Plan for an explosion of activity once Game 4 gets released on the One and then again when released on Steam.

Let's just hope it will be released on Steam at the same time it's released on Xbox One or whichever platform is going to be on.

Let's not turn this into a 'members we don't like' thread, okay?

I didn't say I didn't like Brady, I am just tired of his shenanigans. I think many people would agree.  

So...... you don't like brady is what your saying? You can go in your settings and go on your "ignore preferences" and you won't see his posts. Hope I helped!

- Cat Guard ;-)