Updated the OP to add some people and announce that dibs is officially gone. Please let me know if you want to change your character!

Also, Sunday October 12th seems to be the best day for this. I don't have a general time yet though, so gimme some kind of idea when you're free on that day so we can nail down a time! Thank you!

Interesting to see if this works out or not. I assume the majority of people will be playing from the US, so time zones might be tricky. Here's a thing that might help with planning.

Thank you Chris, this will be very helpful for making sure everyone's on the same page! You da real MVP

I'm not a morning person, so maybe sometime after 12pm central time?

I'll either be black and yellow or classic mega man not sure yet though but still got some time right?

Yeah absolutely! I think the deadline for signing up/specifying your character and reserved alt will be sometime next week. Take your time, and let me know what you decide. Keep in mind: you don't have to reserve an alt. It's just for people who really like a certain alt costume.

I... guess I'm in unless I have a butt ton of homework to do that day. I'm not super good at Smash, but, eh, it sounds fun.

If I can't make it, though, I'll let you guys know the Friday before at the very latest.

My FC is 2595-0292-3982 and dibs on green bandana Pikachu.

Now I finally have the game I know Ike's alt. colours. The purple/black one rocks, so I pick that one.

I've updated the OP to include Friend Codes of people who hadn't given theirs yet, based on the ones I have entered in my old 3DS. Please double-check to make sure I got it right!

So tomorrow is the big day! (Except for me and Chris, that lucky guy) I just wanna advertise that I'm up for online matches tomorrow and over the weekend with anyone who wants to battle. I will probably be more available later in the day tomorrow, but my weekend will be almost entirely free. Hit me up on here or on Skype if you wanna do some matches! (For anyone who I'm not already contacts with, my Skype username is Joybuzzer64. If you're gonna add me there, lemme know who you are in a PM or something.) Have fun, everyone!

Edited by GoldenGhost

I would be more than happy to play a casual or normal game with any of you, just remember that I have school and clubs so for weekdays I usually am on 6pm to 9pm, but for weekends I should be online for nearly all of the day.

I should be on skype by tomorrow around 6 as well.

Happy Smashing everyone!

Edited by IndustrialKnight

Turns out I might not get my game till Wednesday.. My uncle pre-ordered it for my birthday but it turns out he chose the slowest shipping speed ever...

Turns out I might not get my game till Wednesday.. My uncle pre-ordered it for my birthday but it turns out he chose the slowest shipping speed ever...

I feel bad for you. I might not be able to download the game at midnight because my dad said he was going to get the game for me. I will still get it on launch day, but I might not have a chance to play until after school.

Edit: I will download the game at midnight central time tonight, so challenge me then if you wish.

Edited by Gamefemale

See, people, this is why you buy a physical copy of the game at a freaking store.  No shipping.  No downloading.  Just go pick up the game.  It's so simple.

Says the person who works at game stop.

• Upvote 3

Can I spectate?

I'm gonna say no, we really need this to lag as little as possible... (I'm not entirely sure how all of that works yet, but I don't wanna take any risks.) In regards to lag, I was playing some matches with Adam an Chris earlier and there was very little lag. We only had issues once or twice out of at least 10 matches.

Can I spectate?

I'm gonna say no, we really need this to lag as little as possible... (I'm not entirely sure how all of that works yet, but I don't wanna take any risks.) In regards to lag, I was playing some matches with Adam an Chris earlier and there was very little lag. We only had issues once or twice out of at least 10 matches.

I was pretty surprised at how little lag there was to be honest, until Adam got kicked.  :-P

Anyway, I'm up for some matches a little later so I'll be on Skype for anyone that wants to battle. My Skype Name is 'chris.the.ninjer'.  :-)

See, people, this is why you buy a physical copy of the game at a freaking store.  No shipping.  No downloading.  Just go pick up the game.  It's so simple.

I guarantee almost everyone on these forums lives within five miles of ANY store that could sell video games.  No excuse to not be able to get a ride, or walk/bike there yourself.  I used to all the time when I was young.

I guarantee almost everyone on these forums lives within five miles of ANY store that could sell video games.  No excuse to not be able to get a ride, or walk/bike there yourself.  I used to all the time when I was young.

Well it's too late now, downloaded it last night, I just keep multiple sd cards if I run out of space. Plus Chicago only has gamestops in the city, if I try and walk down there I'd get shot.

• Upvote 1

Well it's too late now, downloaded it last night, I just keep multiple sd cards if I run out of space. Plus Chicago only has gamestops in the city, if I try and walk down there I'd get shot.

I downloaded it too!

The 12th is a bit awkward for me (it's Koen's birthday) but I'd like to join any following tournaments if you'll have me.

Edited by Wisp

I downloaded it too!

Good job.

Anyway, mines arrived way later than it should have but I can't play it because my brother wants to play it with me for the first time.

Also quotes are best

Edited by daikonboy101

Right now it's looking like sometime around 5:00 PM EST / 2:00 PM PST / 10:00 PM BST (London). I know that's kind of late for people in the UK, especially since it's on a Sunday, so let me know if that's not a good time for you. I suspect the tournament will take a little more than 1 hour if everyone were to show up on time (preferably 30 minutes beforehand) and we had matches running simultaneously. It could go as long as 2 hours though. (If we have serious problems then we'll have to continue it another day.)

Edited by GoldenGhost
  • Upvote 1

Just so everyone knows, I might not make the tournament if it's the 12th.  I work until 3:30 that day, so I might not be home until like 4:30ish.

I'm in the same boat, except I don't get off until 5:30 PST. 

Also regarding the rules, the only one I have a problem with is the disconnecting one.

- If one player accidentally disconnects,

the match will be redone once; if it happens again, the match will go to

whoever was winning (based on stocks, then based on damage)

I understand that it is in place for fairness to those who disconnect, but my problem is it might not be fair to the person who doesn't disconnect. I think one of the coolest things about most multiplayer games is that there is almost always a chance for a comeback. Just today I was playing as Palutena, 1 stock at 120% and managed to beat my 2 stocked opponent. It might sound minor, but there is always a chance at victory and just because someone disconnects your chance at victory is gone. Personally, I would be rather spiteful if I was considered to be have lost a match because my percentage was lower than my opponents when he disconnects, and he gets to continue on because he disconnected at a convienent time.

Just so everyone knows, I might not make the tournament if it's the 12th.  I work until 3:30 that day, so I might not be home until like 4:30ish.

I'm in the same boat, except I don't get off until 5:30 PST. 

Also regarding the rules, the only one I have a problem with is the disconnecting one.

- If one player accidentally disconnects,

the match will be redone once; if it happens again, the match will go to

whoever was winning (based on stocks, then based on damage)

I understand that it is in place for fairness to those who disconnect, but my problem is it might not be fair to the person who doesn't disconnect. I think one of the coolest things about most multiplayer games is that there is almost always a chance for a comeback. Just today I was playing as Palutena, 1 stock at 120% and managed to beat my 2 stocked opponent. It might sound minor, but there is always a chance at victory and just because someone disconnects your chance at victory is gone. Personally, I would be rather spiteful if I was considered to be have lost a match because my percentage was lower than my opponents when he disconnects, and he gets to continue on because he disconnected at a convienent time.

I personally don't mind a date change but if it gets changed to the 11th (or stays on the 12th), I might not be able to play after 6pm central time because some friends of mine are planning on going to a haunted house, but I have no idea if it'll be this weekend or not. I'm just saying this now just to be on the safe side.