Mangle

Special Halloween Smash 3Ds Tournament (And All Future Tournaments)

Somebody proposed a rule change  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be an April Fools tournament after this one?

I'm coming back like a wrecking ball everyone! This time, I'm not hosting just 1, but 2 tournaments! Welcome to

The Behemoth Forums Valentine's Day 3DS and Wii U Smash Tournaments!

3DS date and time: Saturday February 28th at 6pm central time

Wii U date and time: cancelled

Please let me know if there are any conflicts before 5:45pm central time today (February 28th).

The Lovely Rules:

Double Elimination

The only character restriction is your character of choice must have pink, red, purple, or white in it.

Because I love everyone, no stage restricitions

Best 2 out of 3 every round except semifinals and finals, which shall be 3 out of 5

No items, Fox only, Final Destination

No custom moves allowed

2 stocks

If a player disconnects, the decision to redo the match or forfeit will lie in the hands of the players playing the match.

If someone disconnected because (s)he was losing, that person will be disqualified.

If someone exploits a glitch, it will either be tolerated or the other person will have an automatic victory depending on the case. If the exploiter cannot prove it already exists, that person will be disqualified.

If a person is cheating, that person will be disqualified.

If you want to sign up for either tournament, you must leave me with your friend code and your Skype name.

There will be a Skype group for the tournament. If you will be in the 3DS tournament, I will invite you prior to the start of the tournament.

Signups for the 3DS tournament will close today (February 28th) at 5:45pm central time. Bracket will be complete by then.

Confirmed 3DS competitors:

http://challonge.com/behemothlatelove2015

Edited by Gamefemale

*views title*

"Just put in the pile with the others."

*views post*

Why do you even post here, get back to the Battle Block Theater forum.

*views title*

Is that another phrase for "I want to join"?
*sniffles*

it.. it was just a joke.. a reference to the.. to the abundance of tourney threads...

Edited by MeltedCow
  • Upvote 2

*views title*

*views post*

*views title*

*sniffles*

it.. it was just a joke.. a reference to the.. to the abundance of tourney threads...

The problem is you tried to have fun in a smash thread. These guys are very serious about smash, practically no fun allowed around these parts.

• Upvote 7

I think it should be a rule that you have to use a Alt. Color/Skin

I will put a poll up and see what the people think. Poll will be up until either tomorrow or the end of this weekend, depending on if anyone else proposes some rule changes.

I think it should be a rule that you have to use a Alt. Color/Skin

...How is this a good rule in any way, shape, or form?! Seems like a random and unnecessary "screw you" to people who prefer their character's default look. Oh wait... I get it, it's supposed to be a costume party. Okay maybe that's actually kinda clever. It's still sort of a jarring rule though.

Also, double elimination on top of  6-stock matches? AND best of 7 sets?! Not to forget all stages AND all items? Count me out. I need a break from tournaments anyway...

Now that I think about it, I'm resigning from the tourney. It seems like too much to do 4 out of 7 and 6 stocks. Sorry.

*views title*

*views post*

*views title*

*sniffles*

The problem is you tried to have fun in a smash thread. These guys are very serious about smash, practically no fun allowed around these parts.

*grunts and slams door on the way out*

*glares through window*

The problem is you tried to have fun in a smash thread. These guys are very serious about smash, practically no fun around these parts.

Smash ain't no joke son.
  • Upvote 5

Now that I think about it, I'm resigning from the tourney. It seems like too much to do 4 out of 7 and 6 stocks. Sorry.

I wanted to go outside the norm for this special tournament. If 4 out of 7 and 6 stocks are too much, what would be just right so you can join back in?

Nevermind, I'll just do another poll, see what everyone thinks.

Edited by Gamefemale

Does the winner get candy?

I wish, but unfortunately, no. 

Also, everyone else, please check the top of the page for a poll. I'm thinking about making a major rule change.

Edited by Gamefemale

Next week is the week everyone! Next week is the week of the special Halloween tournament! Remember: Signups will close next Thursday at 10pm central time and the tournament will begin at 3pm central time on Halloween because I know most of you will be doing something special that evening. Also, if you have not already voted on the poll, Is 3/5 and 4/7 every round and 6 stocks too much, please do so before signups close next week.

I'm sorry to triple post, but I have to make an important announcement. Since signups will close on Thursday and the poll has been up without anyone voting on it for a while, I thought I'd go ahead and make some important rule changes. Changes are as follows:

The rounds will now be 2 out 3, except semifinals and finals, which will be 3 out of 5.

Everyone will now have 4 stocks.

There are currently only 4 people who have signed up for this tournament. I can do a tournament with only 4 people, but where is the fun in that? The more the merrier, right? Nevermind the marked out sentence. IndustrialKnight has informed me that he cannot be in this tournament. That makes the number of participants 3. I cannot host a tournament with only 3 people. If no one else signs up by 10pm central time on Thursday, the tournament will be cancelled. If you want to be in a Smash tournament on Halloween, sign up for this one before signups close on Thursday!

Edited by Gamefemale

I'll join. I don't have anything else planned for Friday, anyway.  :-)

3DS Friend code is 0946 - 2724 - 5736, Skype user is chris.the.ninjer (I think)

My only gripe with the rules is that having items on might cause some lag issues between players with conflicting connections.