megan

[28-Nov-2014] Solo Feature: Cecil B. Great!

Post written by Aaron

I'm no smartypants like Diane Thinklestein, but I find it a whole lot easier to be thankful when I've got something extra special to be thankful for! BattleBlock Theater has you covered! Well, somebody does; let's all be grateful to them:

Solo Feature:
Orange Blocks by Getlucky12341

Difficulty: Intermediate
(Oh, the lovely middle. The greenest grass will occasionally be right here, firmly content to be on the fence. Levels in line with the difficulty of the original Story campaign will be here. Expect some challenge, but nothing too strenuous.)

This week's playlist was a non-stop, double-barreled barrage of Grade-A nifty! While there are some tight spots that require a delicate touch, the design here mostly punishes you for a lack of attention, not for lax thumbs. And just what are you supposed to be paying attention TO, you ask? Why, just some of the most original contraptions and layouts I've yet had the pleasure of being juked by!

As a level designer, I got a sense that every block has been placed with care, creating challenges that feel quite calculated, forcing even the most experienced BattleBlock vet to chart their course very carefully. One-way paths, chain-reaction timing puzzles, frog bomb funhouses... there's a lot here to spoil, so feel free to avert your eyes!

2014-11-26_00013.jpg

2014-11-26_00012.jpg

2014-11-26_00004.jpg

So! You've completed this challenge and gorged yourself on turkey treats! Bet you would love a filling meal to follow up on your culinary misadventures! No?! Well, that's the problem when the chef is a cat: he just doesn't care what you want.

FeaturePost_CECILCOOKINGCAT-01-01.jpg

Yes, Cecil can cook up rave reviews in the kitchen AND on stage! And just look at that bow-tie. Cecil, you charmer, you...

IMPORTANT NOTE: We are currently working to update our item server with this Steam exclusive of Cecil Cooking Cat.  In the Steam interface you may see a different version of Cecil, however, this is the Cooking Cat you'll receive in the game.

[solo Feature Nov 28 2014]

Why is the picture of the prisoner not showing up? Is it my computer, or the post? When looked at the Xbox feature, I could clearly see the lava lamp.

Edited by Cat Guard

So wait, Steam gets the cooking cat and Xbox get's the ugly cyclops Cecil? Or is this a completely new head?

Yes, the Steam version, from what I can tell, replaced the old Cecil with Cooking Cat Cecil.

If you want to use the Xbox Cecil, you can put this image in your Custom Heads folder and play as the cyclops we know and hate!

ZxPnpVM.png

Edited by JadeFlames

Why is the picture of the prisoner not showing up? Is it my computer, or the post? When looked at the Xbox feature, I could clearly see the lava lamp.

So I've beaten the Steam playlist this week, as you can see in the screenshot I've taken, but the prisoner isn't showing up in my inventory, even though the game says I've claimed it. Will it show up soon?

Help, I've done everything (including time levels) and didn't get anything. Neither in game nor Steam.

So is this a new head added in? Because I have all the heads.

As mentioned in the OP, the Steam inventory will show the incorrect image of "Cecil" based on the XBLA image but it has been replaced with Cecil Cooking Cat (Steam only). The original cyclops Cecil is XBLA only. 

Quick question, it is just me or do you get no extra reward for beating Furrbottoms Feature on Insane Mode, because I just beat it and I didn't get anything. Note I already had the Cecil head. If you don't get anything from beating it on insane mode they should change to so you do. I mean it's really dang difficult. Took me 2 hours. Thank you.

Quick question, it is just me or do you get no extra reward for beating Furrbottoms Feature on Insane Mode, because I just beat it and I didn't get anything. Note I already had the Cecil head. If you don't get anything from beating it on insane mode they should change to so you do. I mean it's really dang difficult. Took me 2 hours. Thank you.

Jacster4, you don't get an extra award if you complete it on insane.

>So I've beaten the Steam playlist this week, as you can see in the screenshot I've taken, but the prisoner isn't showing up in my inventory, even though the game says I've claimed it. Will it show up soon?

Help, I've done everything (including time levels) and didn't get anything. Neither in game nor Steam.

So is this a new head added in? Because I have all the heads.

As mentioned in the OP, the Steam inventory will show the incorrect image of "Cecil" based on the XBLA image but it has been replaced with Cecil Cooking Cat (Steam only). The original cyclops Cecil is XBLA only. 

Steam inventory will show incorrect image? Awesome. But my problem is that my steam inventory shows nothing. 0. Null. Just like in game. I didn't get any version of Cecil.

So I've beaten the Steam playlist this week, as you can see in the screenshot I've taken, but the prisoner isn't showing up in my inventory, even though the game says I've claimed it. Will it show up soon?

An avatar with one post? And a post that cuts in the middle of posts? Wow.