FredFlintstoned

Secret Tricks And Strategies

I've been playing some Battle Block theater lately and I picked up some useful tricks and techniques to get past some obstacles.

On fire trick:

Some of you may know that when you are set on fire and jump into any body of water, the water puts out the fire and propels you high into the air just like jumping on a lava block.

But in addition to that, if you set yourself on fire, you can also walk over spikes without dying too.

Invincibility:

If you are in a boat and get killed by spikes while in the boat, it makes you invincible.

It seems like you have to be in the boat while you get spiked for this trick to work.

The fan:

This is probably one of the most useful weapons in the game.

By using the fan, you can send enemies, teammates, grenades, exploding discs, bubbles, and even fire, etc. back in the opposite direction.

Edited by FredFlintstoned

Grenades:

They can be deflected by any physical attack (and the upward throw), but it depends on the timing. The slide is the most commonly used, but to note, you can also use the upward throw, punch (this one is extremely difficult), the uppercut, the spike (which is hard to do, but shoots is off in the other direction about three times as fast as usual), and the kick (same effects as the spike, just a little less forgiving in the reaction time).

Acid Bubble:

Can be used in place of most team throws (judo throws) by using it, double jumping on top of the bubble, bouncing off, and then jumping again.

Dart Gun:

Can be used to scale walls; just shoot and jump. The dart will stick to the wall through your body, and when you jump, you will phase out of the dart and jump. All that's left is to land on top of it!

Spike Blocks:

With precision, you can stand, unharmed, on the corner of a spike block. This is pretty well known, but the reason why is constantly a mystery to most players. Allow me to explain.

The block has its own hitbox, but the spikes themselves have their own hitbox, which is a slightly smaller hitbox. Thus, if you're careful, you can land on the box, but not the spikes.

Insane Mode Co-op Level Finish:

This one isn't huge, but it's a cool safety net.

When one player has finished a level in Insane Mode Co-op (Online or local), the other player can simply suicide to warp to the end of the level, no penalty. This is seemingly random, but I assume it happens when the distance of the player to the level goal is great enough.

Rocks:

The glitchiest things in the game! You can use two rocks to block a conveyor belt's affect on them. You just have to stack them at an angle at the edge of a conveyor belt at an angle [i'll try to post a picture as soon as I can], and movement should stop. This makeshift wall will also block any other physical entity, including other rocks (this breaks some later levels in the game, but it's immensely helpful).

Dead Bodies:

Besides being fun and squishy, you can use the dead bodies of your fallen comrades as temporary platforms over danger! Especially if they died of impalement or drowned, you can safely jump on their bodies before they rapidly disappear! I WILL AVENGE YOU! (This also works with the Cat Guards. In game, not the guy on the forums).

Frogs:

The frogs can be used as a platform for crossing water, scaling walls, or just getting to unintended places. Just be quick before they explode!

Team/Judo Throw:

You go farther if you face each other, and shorter if you face in the same direction. Just a little tip.

Vacuum:

Besides being completely useless online because of all of the noobs with grenades, it can be used during Ball Game to suck the ball towards you, as long as no one is holding it.

Paper Airplanes:

Besides being useful for holding off those dang raccalopes (see below), they can also hold off the dreaded buzz saws!

Teleporter Return:

Just walked into a teleporter and find yourself falling into spikes? Don't worry, with quick reflexes, you can jump back into the teleporter to go back through it!

Rubber Ball:

Besides bouncing around and stunning all of your enemies, it can last longer than usual if you deflect it! I often enjoy playing volleyball with it (using the upward throw. It can be deflected just like the grenade [see top]), and sometimes keep it around for awhile by continuously sliding into it!

That's all for now! I have many, many more things to share, but I'm saving them for another time. I'll try to post at least one or more new things every day, so stay tuned! :-)

Edited by A C Cret
  • Upvote 2

Paper airplane blocks the Raccoon:

If you throw a paper airplane at the racoon and let it crumple up, it will block the racoon.

The racoon will not be able to get past the crumpled up piece of paper as long as you don't make it explode.

You can use this technique to safely move around the racoon without worrying about it chasing after you.

This rarely works, but my brother actually used it to skip almost the whole 2nd finale in Chapter 8.

Dodgeball. Gvies you an extra jump AND can be used in extremely thin areas.

This rarely works, but my brother actually used it to skip almost the whole 2nd finale in Chapter 8.

Dodgeball. Gvies you an extra jump AND can be used in extremely thin areas.

Heavyweight Chicken?

Forceball

Can be used by standing next to a wall, then throwing a forceball at the wall therefor, launching you up. I used it to clear a lot of Chapter 8 where you are climbing up.

Does anyone know how people make their characters throw their hands out without shaking? I've seen two different people stick their hands out without the shaking or the rumbling noise. I asked them how they do that and they don't want to tell me..

Does anyone know how people make their characters throw their hands out without shaking? I've seen two different people stick their hands out without the shaking or the rumbling noise. I asked them how they do that and they don't want to tell me..

What do you mean? If you can try to send me a picture or make a picture.

I actually found out how to do it. You go to the weapon shop and if you press Y near the arrows the character throws his hands out.

lol, I know how to but its a secret.....

Everyone knows forceballs are great, but combine them with darts. You can put a dart on a wall, then use a forceball while on top of the dart. This lets you use the forceball to get to some really useful spots. Personally, I use this strategy to cut out about half of the difficulty in encore 8-3.

Grenades:

They can be deflected by any physical attack (and the upward throw), but it depends on the timing. The slide is the most commonly used, but to note, you can also use the upward throw, punch (this one is extremely difficult), the uppercut, the spike (which is hard to do, but shoots is off in the other direction about three times as fast as usual), and the kick (same effects as the spike, just a little less forgiving in the reaction time).

Acid Bubble:

Can be used in place of most team throws (judo throws) by using it, double jumping on top of the bubble, bouncing off, and then jumping again.

Dart Gun:

Can be used to scale walls; just shoot and jump. The dart will stick to the wall through your body, and when you jump, you will phase out of the dart and jump. All that's left is to land on top of it!

Spike Blocks:

With precision, you can stand, unharmed, on the corner of a spike block. This is pretty well known, but the reason why is constantly a mystery to most players. Allow me to explain.

The block has its own hitbox, but the spikes themselves have their own hitbox, which is a slightly smaller hitbox. Thus, if you're careful, you can land on the box, but not the spikes.

Insane Mode Co-op Level Finish:

This one isn't huge, but it's a cool safety net.

When one player has finished a level in Insane Mode Co-op (Online or local), the other player can simply suicide to warp to the end of the level, no penalty. This is seemingly random, but I assume it happens when the distance of the player to the level goal is great enough.

Rocks:

The glitchiest things in the game! You can use two rocks to block a conveyor belt's affect on them. You just have to stack them at an angle at the edge of a conveyor belt at an angle [i'll try to post a picture as soon as I can], and movement should stop. This makeshift wall will also block any other physical entity, including other rocks (this breaks some later levels in the game, but it's immensely helpful).

Dead Bodies:

Besides being fun and squishy, you can use the dead bodies of your fallen comrades as temporary platforms over danger! Especially if they died of impalement or drowned, you can safely jump on their bodies before they rapidly disappear! I WILL AVENGE YOU! (This also works with the Cat Guards. In game, not the guy on the forums).

Frogs:

The frogs can be used as a platform for crossing water, scaling walls, or just getting to unintended places. Just be quick before they explode!

Team/Judo Throw:

You go farther if you face each other, and shorter if you face in the same direction. Just a little tip.

Vacuum:

Besides being completely useless online because of all of the noobs with grenades, it can be used during Ball Game to suck the ball towards you, as long as no one is holding it.

Paper Airplanes:

Besides being useful for holding off those dang raccalopes (see below), they can also hold off the dreaded buzz saws!

Teleporter Return:

Just walked into a teleporter and find yourself falling into spikes? Don't worry, with quick reflexes, you can jump back into the teleporter to go back through it!

Rubber Ball:

Besides bouncing around and stunning all of your enemies, it can last longer than usual if you deflect it! I often enjoy playing volleyball with it (using the upward throw. It can be deflected just like the grenade [see top]), and sometimes keep it around for awhile by continuously sliding into it!

That's all for now! I have many, many more things to share, but I'm saving them for another time. I'll try to post at least one or more new things every day, so stay tuned! :-)

cool thanks for the advice