Scaler193

Best Games Of 2014

Now that 2014 is over, it's time to look back at the greatest games of 2014. What are some of your gems of that last year?

Edited by Scaler193

Fantasia: Music Evolved hands down

runner-ups would be Shadow of Mordor (I don't even care much for Lord of the Rings but this game is amazing) and Hyrule Warriors.. Had I actually bought Sunset Overdrive that would probably be up there too.

Tbh though, not really a great year for gaming when you don't look at Nintendo, very few high profile exclusives that weren't remakes/rereleases, high profile games like Watch_Dogs and Destiny ended up being busts, idk just didn't seem terribly great to me.

That being said, Nintendo had a great year and next year looks amazing for all three of the console makers so I'm looking forward to it

• Upvote 1

Five Nights at Freddy's, (1&2) obviously. Hate to be predictable, but it is just SO FUN! :P

EDIT: Know what'd be a great feature? If you could give a like for someone liking you post because you liked them liking your post.

Edited by U-Knighted
  • Upvote 1

Here are my top 5 of 2014

5. (tie)

header.jpg?t=1412607996header.jpg?t=1415746894

4. (also a tie)

7921490f44fa4277ffe6f53f587b8c4e-d68nf1i

hqdefault.jpg

header.jpg?t=1414759171

Gamefemale's Game of the Year!!!!!!

header.jpg?t=1418370524 

Honorable Mentions: Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal, Goat Simulator, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Mario Kart 8, and Tomodachi Life.

Even though I did get Sunset Overdrive for Christmas, I did not have a chance to play it yet due to where I had to place my Xbox One, and that is a place where I get not so good internet, so I'm currently waiting until I have a chance to get my Xbox One out of there before I do anything else involving that game.

ok top 5

5. Captain Toad - Because it has Toad and cool level designs that make the gamepad not completely useless (camera controls are annoying tho)

4. Mario Kart 8 - Because Mario Kart and DLC (It was a bit of a disappointment with the character roster and Battle mode tho)

3. Smash Brothers 4 Wii U and 3DS - It's smash and it added tons of new characters and stages (If only Ice Climbers and Cranky were in)

2. Shovel Knight - Probably one of the greatest Kickstarter games in forever, amazing levels, music, and controls. (it's super short tho)

1. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - One of the hardest games that came out this year. Also the music is the best.

Wolfenstein: The New Order, The Evil Within, Borderlands The Pre-Sequel and The Banner Saga (not the Factions Multiplayer Spin-Off).

Hyrule Warriors, hands down for me. I'm a completionist, and I loved the game (Dynasty Warriors fits a Zelda game quite well, and as such the story is questionable). I especially liked the nod to classic Zelda (I've also played it, and it is a great game) and the constant flow of DLC. No two characters have the same feel to them, and the game is well paced and as deep or shallow as you let it be.

...yeah, I rant a bit when I like things, okay? ;-)