Sign in to follow this  
Caylen

Can't Change Items In Multiplayer.

Hello and welcome to my topic.

Today we are here because when I'm playing BattleBlock Theater with my friends, I try to change my items and it says "Failed to connect to all players." when I press the key to change items. I am using a controller, and I'm not sure if I have to press a button on my controller, but I have tried pushing every button on my controller, to no avail.

If there is a solution to this, I would be extremely grateful if you could tell me how to fix it/what the problem is, or link me to a thread that answers this, if there is one.

Thank you for reading, and have a nice day.

- Caylen

Today we are here because when I'm playing BattleBlock Theater with my friends, I try to change my items and it says "Failed to connect to all players." when I press the key to change items. I am using a controller, and I'm not sure if I have to press a button on my controller, but I have tried pushing every button on my controller, to no avail.

If there is a solution to this, I would be extremely grateful if you could tell me how to fix it/what the problem is, or link me to a thread that answers this, if there is one.

- Caylen

Hi there! Apologies for the issue! Please bear with me while I investigate a bit -- I haven't heard of this one before.  

I'm assuming you're on Steam and playing in online multiplayer? Are you also disconnecting from your friends when you get this message? Which mode are you playing in -- Arena or Story? 

Thank you, Lindsay.

I am on Steam and playing online multiplayer. I am not disconnecting from my friends when I get the message, which is strange considering the text. I am playing on Story mode.

- Caylen

I may not have worded this correctly, but what I meant to say was I press the button to open up the item menu and it just comes up with the "Failed to connect to all players" text.

- Caylen

I may not have worded this correctly, but what I meant to say was I press the button to open up the item menu and it just comes up with the "Failed to connect to all players" text.

Ah, okay! So you are pressing the start button to bring up the menu mid-game, or the LB button to swap weapons mid-game? 

Sorry for the long delay in posts, I've been having some internet issues.

I'm currently using a PS3 controller and some software to make the Computer recognise it as an Xbox controller, as I don't own an Xbox.

I am pressing Escape on the Keyboard, and I have tried every other button and key aswell, and none of them seem to take me to somewhere to change my items, only the error message "Failed to connect to all players."

Sorry for the long delay in posts, I've been having some internet issues.

I'm currently using a PS3 controller and some software to make the Computer recognise it as an Xbox controller, as I don't own an Xbox.

I am pressing Escape on the Keyboard, and I have tried every other button and key aswell, and none of them seem to take me to somewhere to change my items, only the error message "Failed to connect to all players."

Ah, ok! My guess is that the emulation software you are using is outdated or corrupt, or otherwise interfering with the game function. What happens if you uninstall  and try it on your keyboard? What if you then reinstall the emulator and try it on the controller? I'm trying to rule out the emulator as the source of the issue.

Our game supports DirectInput controllers directly, so you should be ok with a driver as opposed to an emulator. It may take a little finagling to get it to work. 

I also own Castle Crashers, and I have had no problems with it there, using my controller. I have tried that, and my keyboard still messes up. Same error message. I have also used the controller, no buttons for changing items. I'm not using DirectInput, I am using a software called "DS3 tool".

I also own Castle Crashers, and I have had no problems with it there, using my controller. I have tried that, and my keyboard still messes up. Same error message. I have also used the controller, no buttons for changing items. I'm not using DirectInput, I am using a software called "DS3 tool".

DS3 tool is a third party controller driver by MotionInJoy, which is known to cause problems with Castle Crashers and other games. 

If you just use your keyboard without actually uninstalling your software, it is still running in the background and can cause issues. What happens if you uninstall the DS3 Tool completely and attempt to run the game? 

If you uninstall it and no longer get the issue, you can then try reinstalling it (in case your installation is outdated or corrupt). However, please note that we do not recommend the use of third-party drivers or controller emulators, as they can cause issues with your system and games.