Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Monster Hunter General

God damnnnnn I haven't been playing Monster Hunter as much because of everything else going on, but I neeeeeed to play it. Why do you do this to me Monster Hunter, I wont get any sleep for days!

• Upvote 1

Sooooo new Monster Hunter coming out in Japan called 'Monster Hunter X'. It looks amazing, the weapons look like they all have a charge alternate attack and I don't know if its a new weapon or just a variant of the Gunlance however you can see someone jumping over a Rathian and shooting down its back. 

I already want it. However no word of a western release. 

http://kotaku.com/capcom-announces-monster-hunter-x-for-3ds-1708017961

That looks awesome. Get ready for the 3 year wait for MHX, guys.

• Upvote 1

Sooooo new Monster Hunter coming out in Japan called 'Monster Hunter X'. It looks amazing, the weapons look like they all have a charge alternate attack and I don't know if its a new weapon or just a variant of the Gunlance however you can see someone jumping over a Rathian and shooting down its back. 

I think the X is suppose to represent Monster Hunter Cross. Because from the looks of it its all the major Monster Hunters rolled into one big package. With of course super stylish attacks.

Also to note they are really playing with the jumping attacks now. You can see a hunter flinging off a Zamtrios tail in the trailer. Looks amazing!

I think the X is suppose to represent Monster Hunter Cross. Because from the looks of it its all the major Monster Hunters rolled into one big package. With of course super stylish attacks.

Also to note they are really playing with the jumping attacks now. You can see a hunter flinging off a Zamtrios tail in the trailer. Looks amazing!

Yeah I noticed when my brother mentioned it was a crossover, such as at 1:42 in the video it is the town from Monster Hunter Freedom 2

Edited by Abz2141

I can't keep up with all this free stuff, Capcom:

So who's still playing this game? I keep going back to it every now and again. Most recently I farmed the Akantor for its GS and armour set, which I then used to reach HR7. I'd be at G-Rank already if not for all this DLC getting in the way...which I probably shouldn't be complaining about.  :-P

Coming in to say that I started playing Monster Hunter again! If anyone else is still playing I'm probobly a few levels behind. But I'll catch up soon! Time to hunt me some of the big boys now.

Coming in to say that I started playing Monster Hunter again! If anyone else is still playing I'm probobly a few levels behind. But I'll catch up soon! Time to hunt me some of the big boys now.

Don't worry I'm still HR 5, however only 2 - 3 missions away from HR 6.

Bumping because I've been on another MH kick lately and there's actually a lot going on in the franchise at the minute that I think is worth talking about.

Firstly, there's the MH MMO that went into open beta last month, Monster Hunter Online. I actually completely forgot about it until the other day and finally got around to setting it all up this evening. It looks amazing. It doesn't play quite as well as games in the main series, but the gameplay and feel is definitely close enough to them to be satisfying. If I could understand Chinese I'd keep playing it up until the beta ends, easily:

1_zpsyygcbarz.png

3_zpsuu8uasms.png

4_zpsnilpc7rj.png

Second, Monster Hunter X finally released in Japan last December and is selling really well (big surprise) and I'm totally jealous. The main differences in gameplay are the new "Hunting Styles" & "Hunting Arts", which help mix up the way each weapon works in combat. Depending on the Style and weapon you choose to play, you can equip certain Arts, which include different power-ups or crazy special attacks. You can see some of these in action in the announcement trailer:

Also you can play as Felynes in MHX, called Nyanta, and it looks amazing hilarious:

Finally, uhhh, the rest of the free MH4U DLC dropped through July-November last year, including the crazy OP Star Knight armour...which I still haven't gotten around to earning along with most of the other stuff. Maybe I'll work towards getting it all whilst we wait on a western release date for MHX ( :-()

Just thought I'd post this short video from GaijinHunter on Youtube (awesome guy, started off the 'MHXForTheWest' hashtag on Twitter) explaining a little more about the changes MHGen makes to the MH formula and what you can look forward to seeing over the next few months before the game releases.

• Upvote 1