Sign in to follow this  
Morg

Puyo Puyo / Puyo Pop General

CHARACTER VOTING!!  

5 members have voted

1. 1. March 26th: Out of these 3 characters I will be making for VS 2, which one do you want the most?

• Chao (Sonic Adventure series)
    • Luigi (Super Mario series)
    • Hatty Hattington & the Narrator (Battleblock Theatre)

--EDIT 2: Character list is up and will be updated!--

There was only one Puyo thread on the forums, and it was in 2010, with no responses.

Shame on you people.

So here is where we talk about Puyo Pop / Puyo Puyo games. It's a Japanese puzzle game series from Sega, and it's heavily addicting. Few titles in the series ever made it to the US / Europe, it's really a shame.

And if you need a Puyo fix without having to spend yen on amazon.jp or whatever, there's a free clone Puyo game called 'Puyo Puyo VS 2', and you can fight various players online (up to 10, I believe) and it's fully customizable, from characters to music and stages. I go on there every now and then on the #Main server.

Puyo Puyo VS 2 doesn't include any pre-installed characters, so you'll need to download some. Puyo Nexus has various character and customization packs, and if you're too lazy to look it up, I made a custom Mario character that can go over Ms. Accord's character slot. Download link to Mario: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ggez1h540v2p2ic/Super%20Mario.zip?dl=0 

Here's the characters available so far:

By MorgLikesGames:

• Super Mario
  • Morgan
  • Shulk (Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U)

By GoldenGhost:

• Gunt la Gunt in 3D

By Mr. Hatty:

• Zane the Great (aka Pac-Zane)
Edited by MorgLikesGames
  • Upvote 1

~Useless screech here thank you~

I remember playing that a long while back.

Honestly, I forget if I was any good or not.

Or how I even got it, for that matter.

Edited by Skirczak

I played Puyo Pop fever, I think. After playing Kirby's avalanche first though, I've now devoted my strategy to the ultimate god Broom Hatter.

Broom Hatter works wonders if devoted to your god enough, I remember beating various hard levels just by devoting to my Broom Hatter and pulling off insane combos just by cleaning up these forests.

Just devote yourself to Broom Hatter's ways and you shall be at one with the universe.

"Oh, what a mess! Must I clean up this entire forest?"

~Broom Hatter, April 25th, 1995

Edited by I can't play Mother 3
  • Upvote 1

MorgLikesGames, is your Puyo Puyo a fan made game?
Can I play with a friend locally?

I used to play with my friends on my PS2 with four players using multitap.

The game was called Puyo Puyo! 15th Anniversary. It's a japanese import.

"Hey look I did a thing"

Also, I would love to get Puyo Puyo Tetris if I ever had the opportunity to get a Japanese PS3 or something

How do you add characters to your game? I've downloaded some characters I wanna try out and I can't figure out how to add 'em in

inb4 "lemme google dat for ya", I tried google and no one will reveal their secrets

Go into your Puyo folder and put the folder for your downloaded characters in the "Characters" section.

My directory looks a bit like this:

PuyoVS2_b29 -> User -> Characters

Hope that helps, make sure the folder is unzipped before you put it in there too

• Upvote 1

Go into your Puyo folder and put the folder for your downloaded characters in the "Characters" section.

My directory looks a bit like this:

PuyoVS2_b29 -> User -> Characters

Hope that helps, make sure the folder is unzipped before you put it in there too

I didn't realize I had to go to "Settings -> Customization" to edit the character slots, but thanks for your help anyways

I'd be up for playing online with whoever wants to do that sometime

• Upvote 1

If we start to get into we should create an official behemoth forums character list!

Oh this is a good idea. I love this idea. If there's a chance that the staff gets interested in this idea it would be even better.

I'm thinking about adding a new character to make for this game for you all to download. A poll is up at the top page. Lemme know who you want next!

Hey don't make Hatty! I've been making him!

We can have different variants of the same characters, can we not?

Have you ever thought to yourself, "dang, if only Grant was a playable character in Puyo Puyo Vs, my life would be complete"? Well worry no more, because now he is! Assign it to the Satan slot for it to work online! Or assign it to every single slot there is to make your character select screen look totally rad:

W6sVkfP.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sx6n1h35lx8eq0z/GuntLaGunt%20in%203D.zip?dl=0

Rated M for language and dangerous levels of awesome

• Upvote 4

Here comes a new challenger!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bw5unbaqm8zt1fq/MorgLikesGames.zip?dl=0

It's me! ...what? You didn't want me as a character?

If you are daring enough to pick me, replace the character slot 'Yu & Rei' with me. Remember that Puyo Puyo VS 2 doesn't accept .zip files so you'll have to take the contents of the zip file out to use them.

Also, editing the first page again to include all the characters in this thread thus far. I really hope you guys post more content to download, because it's really fun playing as your characters, at least in my opinion.

Edited by MorgLikesGames
  • Upvote 1