Ohhhhhhhhh mannnnnn what's this!!!! Rock Band 4 is official now.

http://www.harmonixmusic.com/games/rock-band/?mc_cid=5c7f040baf&mc_eid=3cc13af430

Rock Band, the award-winning social and interactive music
performance experience, is back! Form your own band, rock the world, and
live out your ultimate rock and roll fantasy, with your friends,
family, or as a solo act. Rock Band 4 delivers the ultimate
platform for gamers to experience music, giving players the chance to
rock in the shoes of the biggest guitarists, bassists, drummers, and
singers of all time. Rock Band 4 delivers the most authentic music game ever, challenging rockers to master lead guitar, bass guitar, drums, and vocals.

Continuing in the tradition of the series, the music featured in Rock Band 4
spans all genres of rock and includes many hits from legendary artists.
Additionally, players will be able to draw from the 2000+ songs
available as downloadable content (DLC) in the Rock Band Music
Store. Never before have players had access to such a large and varied
library of playable songs. Further, players can re-download any
previously purchased DLC from their Rock Band DLC libraries at no additional cost.*

• Upvote 1

Its mentioned in the blurb but you will be able to re-download any songs that you have already downloaded in past titles. So wooohoooo for that. There's also talk about having the old instruments working with the new game, but nothing confirmed yet.

Along with the announcement, there is a free song available to download for all Rock Band 3 owners today!

"I Still Believe" by Frank Turner

Last night on the official Harmonix forums some people discovered it in the upcoming PS3 Add-Ons list, with one of the devs teasing about it and then saying "We'll all look back at this in the morning and laugh"

Rock Band 4 was literally the first thing I saw when I woke up this morning and I am super mega hyped for it!

(Sad that they're cutting off Keyboard support though, I actually spent a lot of time with the Keys peripheral)

Bumping for new news:

First 6 tracks for the game have been announced!

"Hail to the King" by Avenged Sevenfold

"You Make Loving Fun" by Fleetwood Mac

"Lazaretto" by Jack White

"Somebody Told Me" by The Killers

"Little Miss Can't Be Wrong" by Spin Doctors

"The Seeker" by The Who

Amazing start in my opinion. I've been yearning for more from The Killers since their first DLC pack, and "Somebody Told Me" is one of their most well-known/fun songs, so I'm pretty excited for that. "The Seeker" is also my favorite song by The Who and I'm ecstatic to finally get it (to my knowledge it's only previously been in Guitar Hero III: Legend of Rock's setlist).

The other 4 songs seem pretty great as well. Along with the announcement came a livestream of Rock Band 4's gameplay premiere (luckily I was able to download the Twitch app on my phone and tune in from school), and some of the new features look great and extremely fun.

For those that don't know, Rock Band 4 is the "IGN First" game for this month, so every weekday they'll be updating the site with new exclusive information about Rock Band, so go check that out if you're interested, there's been some really cool stuff so far.

I'm hyped as hell

• Upvote 1

Bumping for new news:

First 6 tracks for the game have been announced!

"Hail to the King" by Avenged Sevenfold

"You Make Loving Fun" by Fleetwood Mac

"Lazaretto" by Jack White

"Somebody Told Me" by The Killers

"Little Miss Can't Be Wrong" by Spin Doctors

"The Seeker" by The Who

Amazing start in my opinion. I've been yearning for more from The Killers since their first DLC pack, and "Somebody Told Me" is one of their most well-known/fun songs, so I'm pretty excited for that. "The Seeker" is also my favorite song by The Who and I'm ecstatic to finally get it (to my knowledge it's only previously been in Guitar Hero III: Legend of Rock's setlist).

The other 4 songs seem pretty great as well. Along with the announcement came a livestream of Rock Band 4's gameplay premiere (luckily I was able to download the Twitch app on my phone and tune in from school), and some of the new features look great and extremely fun.

For those that don't know, Rock Band 4 is the "IGN First" game for this month, so every weekday they'll be updating the site with new exclusive information about Rock Band, so go check that out if you're interested, there's been some really cool stuff so far.

I'm hyped as hell

I read all that, and now I'm thinking, "please FNAF song, please please please FNAF song. I need my FNAF in Rock Band. I beg thee Harmonix, add it in there!"

Game comes out Tuesday.

I have it early.

I streamed it on Twitch for 12 hours straight yesterday.

Guys this is a really good game.

• Upvote 1

I've beaten every Endless Setlist in these games on Expert with no fails/breaks on guitar (RB so easy, yo)...but I think I'm over peripheral games for now. If I get the urge to play again I can just break out my 360 and play around on GH3-6 or RB2/3. I already feel like I sank enough time/money into these when they were popular. If I wanted to play RB4 I'd have to shell out for a new PS4 guitar controller, too.

I can't wait for some of my friends to pick this up though (and it's nice to know that the game is still as good as the originals). It's always satisfying showing off how good you are at these games when people have no idea how much time you've sank into them before.  :evil:

Bumping for I read all that, and now I'm thinking, "please FNAF song, please please please FNAF song. I need my FNAF in Rock Band. I beg thee Harmonix, add it in there!"

I'd almost rather have Nickleback in RB...

I've only played Rock Band Blitz, but RB4 souds really really neat. I like how Harmonix is adding the ability to use the DLC from former games, since I think it would be cheap to make fans pay twice for the same songs.

I've beaten every Endless Setlist in these games on Expert with no fails/breaks on guitar (RB so easy, yo)...but I think I'm over peripheral games for now. If I get the urge to play again I can just break out my 360 and play around on GH3-6 or RB2/3. I already feel like I sank enough time/money into these when they were popular. If I wanted to play RB4 I'd have to shell out for a new PS4 guitar controller, too.

I can't wait for some of my friends to pick this up though (and it's nice to know that the game is still as good as the originals). It's always satisfying showing off how good you are at these games when people have no idea how much time you've sank into them before.  :evil:

All of your PS3 controllers will work in Rock Band 4 on the PS4  ;-)

I hate to sound advertisey or anything, but I wrote a review for the game on my website (link is in my signature). If you don't want to read it, I gave the game a 9/10. It's really amazing and maybe the best rhythm game I've ever played.

Soundtrack is a tad weak without DLC though

• Upvote 1

I hate to sound advertisey or anything, but I wrote a review for the game on my website (link is in my signature). If you don't want to read it, I gave the game a 9/10. It's really amazing and maybe the best rhythm game I've ever played.

I switched from 360 to PS4 this gen so I'd have to buy an old PS3 one instead since all my old ones are 360 only. Although a quick look over on eBay tells me used PS3 guitar controllers are only about £30-40, so it might be worth looking into in future.

I just read your review of the game and I have to say it's gotten me a little more interested. Although I'm disappointed in the removal of custom setlists, Shows mode does sound like a good alternative, especially when playing with friends or at parties. Also I went and googled some gameplay after reading and the game does look very impressive.  :-)

So now I'll probably end up getting the game when it drops in price a bit. Although the new features sound cool, having less character customisation options, no online modes (wtf) and a kinda' lacklustre setlist (I can't pick out any reeeeally tough songs in there) mean I can't justify buying at full price. I definitely look forward to a price drop, though.  :-D

• Upvote 1

I switched from 360 to PS4 this gen so I'd have to buy an old PS3 one instead since all my old ones are 360 only. Although a quick look over on eBay tells me used PS3 guitar controllers are only about £30-40, so it might be worth looking into in future.

I just read your review of the game and I have to say it's gotten me a little more interested. Although I'm disappointed in the removal of custom setlists, Shows mode does sound like a good alternative, especially when playing with friends or at parties. Also I went and googled some gameplay after reading and the game does look very impressive.  :-)

So now I'll probably end up getting the game when it drops in price a bit. Although the new features sound cool, having less character customisation options, no online modes (wtf) and a kinda' lacklustre setlist (I can't pick out any reeeeally tough songs in there) mean I can't justify buying at full price. I definitely look forward to a price drop, though.  :-D

One of the great parts of the game in regards to its future is that Harmonix has stated they want Rock Band 4 to be a platform. Their plan is to continue to add new features and DLC to the game throughout the rest of this console generation, including online play and further character options. It is of course important to know that these things are absent in the product hitting stores, but the first major update comes on December 8th and is supposed to include some sort of online features, but whether or not that's online play has yet to be seen.

Thanks for checking out the review  :-)

Shows mode is honestly fantastic, especially for a guy like me who had 910 songs in Rock Band 3 (I have a little less than that in Rock Band 4 at the moment due to a few things not transferring yet, but still a large amount regardless).

Hopefully by the time the price drops to where you can afford it they've added the features you're looking for. I too am looking forward to online play and setlists, but what's already there is pretty great.

As far as difficult songs go, I will agree that it's a pretty easy setlist compared to earlier games in the series ("Somebody Told Me" is devil tier on drums for crying out loud), but there's a pretty awesome noise rock song that is sure to challenge you:

• Upvote 1

I picked up RB4 today.  It took me 10 minutes to get the damn drum set together because the bottom bars didn't wanna fit in.  Now my arms hurt and I feel like I can't play the game now.  I'm going to anyway.

• Upvote 1

I stream the game pretty frequently on Twitch, so if anyone is ever on the fence about the game just tune in next time I'm live and check it out.

Also, I just bought the BABYMETAL track <3

• Upvote 1

I stream the game pretty frequently on Twitch, so if anyone is ever on the fence about the game just tune in next time I'm live and check it out.

I'd tune in if you announced it somewhere, but you never say anything anymore! I guess I should just assume you're playing it all day erryday

Also a big AYE to babymetal, gotta catch some gameplay of that

• Upvote 1

Yay to being that one guy who plays the game on the wii, and cant download songs... Yay...

I feel ya man. I played on Wii up until 2010. Then I switched to 360 for Rock Band 3, rebought all of the old games to export.

I am currently the owner of 4 sets of plastic instruments, a Rock Band 1 set on Wii, a Guitar Hero World Tour set on PS3, a Rock Band 1 set (with drums and keys and pro guitar from 3) on 360, and now a Rock Band 4 set on Xbox One.

Wii has always gotten the shaft in the series for being dramatically less powerful hardware, and now Wii U isn't getting the game at all for lack of sales, but I can't say I blame them when Harmonix pretty much lives or dies based on how this game does.

I'd tune in if you announced it somewhere, but you never say anything anymore! I guess I should just assume you're playing it all day erryday

Also a big AYE to babymetal, gotta catch some gameplay of that

Yo yeah I haven't really announced it anywhere on here I guess, last time I ended up sending out a tweet on the slickstargaming twitter but that obviously doesn't reach like, anybody from here :P

I'll give some notice here next time. Will probably have a big stream over the weekend

I'm still upset that I have no way of importing songs from the previous three games (to my knowledge).  If a certain someone knows how to otherwise, s/he should totally tell me over Skype.